• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Is Your Favorite Common Pokemon?

Sentret, Taillow, Magikarp, Starly, Buizel and Fletchling, because I love their evolved forms.

Pidgey is an obvious one for me, since I adore the feathers characterizing its evolved forms and Mega Pidgeot just looks downright wonderful.
Machop is another one because its evolutionary line is easily one of my favourites among the Fighting type.
At last, Tentacool and Frillish because I like their type combo and remarkable resistance.

Pelipper has a very cool design, but seeing him everywhere in Alola almost made me hate him.
Sentret, Zigzagoon and Hoothoot are very cute and sadly not seen much nowadays.

Everything else (rodents, birds, cave-dwellers and water-dwellers) ranges from terrible to meh to me.

Bibarel!
The best HM slave in the series and as of Gen 7 can get crazy strong with a simple swords dance and aqua jet!

Barring any specific definition of "common", some of my picks across the generations:
- Hoothoot and Noctowl
- The entire Shinx family

Starly. I just love it. I also like Bunnelby. Surprised to see so many people loving Zigzagoon. It makes me happy since it's so cute.

Last edited:
Do Pidgeotto and Butterfree count? They aren't "common" but they are super easy to get. I have made some people mad online battling with Butterfree Compound Eyes+Sleep Powder, then Quiver Dance and either Bug Buzz or Dream Eater. It isn't always effective, but no one likes to lose to a butterfly.

Do Pidgeotto and Butterfree count? They aren't "common" but they are super easy to get. I have made some people mad online battling with Butterfree Compound Eyes+Sleep Powder, then Quiver Dance and either Bug Buzz or Dream Eater. It isn't always effective, but no one likes to lose to a butterfly.
I used to do the same thing, but I ran it in doubles next to a follow me clefable, so it was basically guaranteed to set up and own at least a couple things.

I know it's version-exclusive in the Kanto games, but considering how common it is in Kanto as well as Hoenn, I'm gonna go ahead and count Oddish as a "common Pokémon". On top of enjoying its Sunny Day shenanigans in several playthroughs of the games, I just find Oddish to be irresistably cute. I think I really started to appreciate it after seeing this TCG artwork as someone's avatar on these forums a few years ago:

OddishEXUnseenForces64.jpg

Also, look at its Crystal and Gen 5 sprites and tell me those aren't friggin' adorable. :3
Spr_2c_043.png
Spr_5b_043.png

I feel like I'm one of the few that genuinely don't mind Zigzagoon/Linoone. Sure, they popped up mostly everywhere in third gen, but honestly they're cute and Linoone is useful as an HM Slave (and decent outside of that, at least in-game), so it even has its uses.

Sentret/Furret is my favorite. I love the stripes and the cute, vacant face. I also love every first route baby bird. I always have a soft spot for them, with Pidove and Starly being my absolute favorites out of all of them.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom