• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

----

Reaction score
Love it or hate it Final Fantasy is a huge series that influenced gaming culture. My personal favorite is a tie between IV and VI. Both games are a load of fun and have a lot of cheesy moments.

VI (aka III, one with kefka)

very tough decision, as I've played many final fantasy games, including VI, VI, VI, VI, VI, VI, VI, and -- last but not least -- VI.

The 9th one, "IX" I believe. I only saw the first few minutes of it at a friend's house, but HOLY CRAP the battle music is amazing!

I've never gotten the chance to play any of them besides XIII, and judging by general consensus, I'll get my head ripped off if I said that it was a fun game.

My favorite is 4, it has a great story, most people like 7 and 10, but I haven't played.

Final Fantasy X is my absolute favorite. I think it has the best story and characters out of all the main games.

While I've enjoyed every Final Fantasy game I've played so far, I would say I like VII and X the most. I liked the former for allowing me to ease into the general gameplay of the series without being overwhelmed, while I've enjoyed the latter's gameplay quite a bit. I also really liked the stories and characters in both games, which is probably what got me into the series in the first place.

Well... This is awkward. I've never played a Final Fantasy game. Not one. However, the closest things to FF I've played all the way through (as far as I can remember) are Chrono Trigger (Virtual Console), Etrian Odysseys IV and Untold and Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King, and out of those four, I'd say EO IV is my favourite, just barely edging above Untold. DQ'd be third on the list though because CELL-SHADED GRAPHICS ARE GOD!!!

I've played through pretty much all of them but my fav is Final Fantasy Tactics which I've been playing through once a year for the last 12 or so years. 6 is another I really enjoyed and 10 is another that I like very much thanks to Rikku and Auron.

Final Fantasy is my favorite series and I really love all the games I've played.
VI, VII, or IX are easily the best though. I can't pick between those three. They're perfection.

6 because not only is the villain basicly The Joker,
he actually wins (for a time).
7 because everyone loves 7 (except the people who don't).

10 because... it's cool, I guess? Wait, I remember why! It's because
it's secretly a prequel to 7.
And 13 because who needs to understand a game's plot, am I right? (If you don't get the joke, 13's plot is VERY, and I mean VERY, complicated)

And I've played none of them!

Sadly...I have yet to play a FF game, but I can assure you I really do want to start playing the series!

Only one I like is 14

There's also some sort of handheld spinoff being remastered that SE advertised to me which I'm very interested in but I don't have any of the consoles it's coming out on :(

Last edited:
I've only played some of 6 and 7 (I haven't beaten either yet but I want to at some point), and I'd have to go with 6 if only because that's one I played more of.

I did finish Bravely Default though, which I've heard is kind of similar to a Final Fantasy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom