• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite generation?

Generation II and III.

Classic Game Boy days has been a pleasure, censorship on GSC , come on, what's wrong with the unedited version?

I think I'm slightly biased but since I started with the fourth generation, it's definitely my favourite. I arguably didn't like how slow-paced it felt at the beginning but I've had more memories than any other game with it. It's the only generation I've fully played and attempted to catch them all. I've done so many things, caught thousands of pixels, it's a generation I'll never leave behind. Memories aside, both D/P/Pt and HG/SS brought something new. I liked most of the evolutions for previous Pokemon, the fact that Team Galactic didn't focus on stealing but had a more sinister plot, the new fourth gen Pokemon, the Distortion World. The storyline was deeper than anything before it. HG/SS brought new features while still retaining that nostalgic feel. Both of them were really enjoyable.

However if I had to choose something else, then I really enjoy playing through the third generation, It feels so quick-paced, the trumpets, the Pokemon, the diving, the surfing, everything about it is fun and light-hearted. I also enjoyed playing through the fifth generation for the graphics/new pokemon/the two Team Plasmas and so forth. Overall every generation had their ups and downs but these are probably amongst my favourites. :]

All gens have their beauty. I dont have a sole favorite but the least favorite has to be gen IV. It used to be gen V but then when i gave it a chance it turned out to be amazing but i think a lot of that is due to it being the game aided by most technology, *trying to imagine gen I-III with those capabilities* , how cool would that be?

I think Generation IV was best. Why? You have so many awesome looking new Pokemon, a great set of games, and really great characters. The legendaries in this game also topped all others. If I had to pick a second favorite though, it would be Generation V (Black & White were AMAZING, but B2&W2 just felt pretty shallow to me when it comes to the main story)

I liked Gen III the best because it included Pokemon Collosseum, which had such a COMPLETELY different storyline that I really loved. I also think the music in RSE was the best they've had, and it's been kind of downhill since then. For music at least. The plot of BW1 obviously makes it one of if not the best game, so gen 5 comes close behind.

I started with Gen I but Gen IV is my favorite. Soul Silver was just so good, and it was a great way for me to experience the Johto story line and pokemon, as those were the ones I had the least experience with. And the pokemon walking behind you was a plus. Brought up memories of Yellow. And that's not even talking about the new pokemon that were introduced in DPP, many of which I'm rather fond of.

Not to mention that Gen IV was when they reworked special/physical moves. Seriously? Four generations that took?

Well, know Pokémon from Gen I but for my fav Gen, it's a tie between IV and V, they had both nice plot and interesting villains and real cool Pokés. However, Gen V has some tad older protagonists (though it still could had used this fact better for character developing but it's off-topic), which I like while it dumped Contests which offers nice fun as well and it's the opposite with Gen IV. I haven't played through BW 2 yet so I can't tell if the Pokestudios are equally fun to me, when I have, it might change my opinion.

see ya

Gen V. It felt like a complete and total clean break and I loved the PCs. But mostly, I love that Gen for one reason and one reason alone: it gave me my two favorite Pokemon of all time. *sigh* Golett and Golurk seized my heart in their hands and ran away with it; I've never been the same since.

Generation II. I loved the storyline, and I loved how Crystal added the feature of having a girl character. They introduced day/night and time-based events, and also the Pokemon that evolve with happiness. Also, some of my favorite Pokemon are from Gen II (Espeon, Teddiursa, Ampharos, Feraligatr) and i loved going through 2 regions instead of just one. They took all that away in Gen III, which I didn't like at all. And I hated Generation IV's storyline for some reason. But back to Gen II, I thought Pokemon Stadium 2 was loads of fun and a big improvement from Pokemon Stadium, and Gen II also split the Special stat into Sp. Atk/Sp. Def, which was awesome. And they added shinies! And Crystal also had a feature from the Pokemon Day Care. You got an egg from the couple and it had a 50% chance of being shiny! I got a shiny Magby in Crystal from that Day Care and I still have it to this day. I also started with Gen II, and I just love it.

Generation 2. My favourite Pokemon (Smeargle), my favourite region (Johto) and my favourite Legendary (Ho-oh.)

Gen 5, maybe because I kinda had no idea of what I was doing on Hg, the first pokemon game I played

I would have to say gen V, simply because it chose to break the mold a little bit, giving us slightly older characters, a region not based in a real world japan area, but in New York; it also has the Pokemon moving while in-battle, and having (if only very slight) changes, like stop moving while being frozen, closing their eyes while sleeping; having that banner that showed up when an ability activated, and of course, 156 new pokemon, there's other things I like a lot about this Gen, but I'm lazy. :V

Gen 4 was my first pokemon game (Diamond) then came along Platinum which was great fun to play and kept me in pokemon for more to come

Generation 5. Yes, generations 1 and 2 are good for what they are, which is nostalgia fodder, but not letting the nostalgic emotions get in the way, generation 5 offered a lot of new Pokemon that I adore with a passion! The adventure and music were also a plus. :)

My favourite generation, at the moment, is III, because I'm really getting into FireRed again. Next would be I, because the originals are always the best

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom