• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite glitch in the main series games?

What is your favorite glitch in any main series game?

• Total voters

AlexTheRose

I'm the scatman!
Reaction score
Hence the title, what's your #1 favorite glitch out of all of the main series Pokémon games?

Bear in mind, this only includes legitimate, reproducable glitches, not random glitches or happenings with a cheating device.

For me, it must've been the cloning glitch in Emerald, as I don't know what I'd do without it. If it weren't for that ever-so-helpful error in the Battle Tower, I wouldn't have gotten my Rayquaza to level 100. Even so, I've currently exhausted my supply of Master Balls, so I won't be cloning those any time soon.

Lastly, please keep in mind that all board-wide and forum-specific rules apply.

The cloning glitch was great when I had Pokemon GSC, but I don't like to use glitches any more since my Pokemon Gold became corrupted and had to start over XD

The dokokashira glitch:
[video=youtube;6kDaQoXQjJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kDaQoXQjJQ[/video]

The Mew glitch. It was very exciting to get another Mew, (which actually had different IVs from the first two I got) plus, as far as I know, it has no harmful effect on the game.

D: My favorite, a classic isn't here!
Glitch City!!
In fourth grade, I attempted to get into Glitch City on Yellow. I succeeded. Guess what I wrote about the next day for my 'Your Favorite Memory' Assignment the next morning?
But, I voted for Missingno., Mew Glich and Other.

I'll go with Missingno. I never knew cloning glitch but my brother did. I never used the mew one either. Missingno was cool and I caufgght him to see what would happen oh well if it messed up my game haha

MissingNo. all the way!!! Oh I love it so.. I spent many years researching glitches exclusively, and I have endless fond (and at time scary) memories of all the things I would discover. But MissingNo. is the one that started it all...

Maybe it was because I found it for the first time by accident. I had heard of it before, but I thought it was a load of crap as I'm sure most people did. So one day, I decided to trade with one of the guys at Cinnabar Lab. I wanted to level up the Pokemon I had received in the trade (I think it was Seel?) but didn't want to venture out in case I needed to run back to the Pokemon centre to heal. So you can guess what the most sensible thing to do was - stay right on the coast. Well at that point in time, I didn't ever think that something could go so wrong, I wasn't even aware there WERE glitches! You could only imagine my shock! Even out of all the nightmares I have had, all the scary movies I have watched, I have never since been so shocked. I freaked out, and turned off my game. I then called up Nintendo's tech support line, and the man was very tight lipped about the matter. This intrigued me even more. Terror turned into fascination. And so started my love of glitches and MissingNo.!

Mirror Move on a repeating attack in a link battle.

You can switch out in a link battle when Mirror Move copies a failed repeating move. This causes the move to miss in one game and hit in the other, making the games desync.

Add to it sending a pokémon that can be OHKO'd by it, and everything breaks horribly, eventually making a paradox where where a player fights their supposedly fainted pokémon with that pokémon.

This:
[video=youtube;E9GRg9xxZqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9GRg9xxZqk[/video]

Last edited:
Has to be Missingno. which would be closely followed by Mew glitch even though I never used it or found out about it's existence till I read about on bulbapedia I just loved the reason why it's there.

I also caught a missingno just to see what would happen lol I didn't save the game though was too worried about breaking it as it was a borrowed copy

My childhood would never have been the same if it weren't for Missingno.

I thought it was made up, too -- I had heard about it from my 7-year-old neighbor (I was 10 at the time...a mature adult in comparison, obviously), and I refused to believe it was really the case. Once I tried it, though, I fell in love, and nearly 13 years later...

My red version is completely unplayable because I needed to catch 10 of them.

To Missingno!

The Mew glitch, I actually used the Mew I caught this way in my Yellow playthrough. Cloning glitch is great, too, especially since TMs weren't reusable in the older games. I also like the Rage glitch in Generation IV, although I'd only use it to get moves that are actually legal on Pokemon (such as Surf on Raichu).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom