• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

What is your favorite glitch you've seen in Pokémon GO?

Vulpix037

Sky Squirrel
Reaction score
For some reason, the "speed limiter" didn't seem to work today. I managed to catch three Pokémon whilst going at 70mph on a motorway, and I caught many more Pokémon than I usually do on a weekday evening this evening, while going at around 50mph. Definitely think this is a glitch and not intentional.

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Oh there's been a few I've experienced, or seen from friends. I think my favorite one was once during a community day there were a bunch of Pokemon around that weren't Totodile (i believe this was the community day). Then the game had an error, and suddenly all those Pokemon were Totodile, but I couldn't click on them. So I reset the game, but they were all still Totodile. I caught the first one and when it brought me into the Pokemon info page it was a Natu. The other ones stayed Totodiles though.

My friend once had one where her Grimer turned into an Alolan Grimer after catching it. She thought that was really awesome since she hadn't gotten an Alolan Grimer yet.

MegaPod

Radio Rodent
Reaction score
A few days ago, I was checking on my buddy Gible, but this happened:

Weird-looking Gible, eh?

I guess it was simultaneously trying to load my Metagross that was defending a gym for whatever reason, causing Metagross to overlap my buddy Gible in a fixed position while Gible could be freely rotated. I doubt I’d be able to replicate this, so I’m glad I took screenshots while I had the chance!

Ebail

Not a light fixture
Reaction score
So every time I defeat this one gym, just only this specific gym has this happened at, for whatever reason a shot of an Espeon's backside gets added into the image where it congratulates about beating the gym.

Zexy

Fire Chicken
Reaction score
Turtwig showing up as a shadow is a cool glitch. Not just for the irony of having caught so many yet the game thinks I have not registered it, but it's also even easier to hunt them down before CD starts, and hopefully find/trade good IVs.