• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

What is your favorite Japanese food?

Spirit of the Divine Wind
Reaction score
Right now, udon is mine, but I really, really, want to get my hands on some curry.

utilisateur enregistré
Reaction score
riceball without the fish...or that dumpling thing on a stick

Professional Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hmmm... I've been into sushi lately.
I think it's delicious and interesting to eat raw fish. :p

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I enjoy teriyaki but I'd also like to try some bentoo, those take out meals they kept talking about on the Disney Channel. I wonder if it has teriyaki in it. It could. Yum yum. I don't like eating too much sushi. It could be some type of Japanese seafood, but I don't know.

remember me
Reaction score
Katsu curry. *drools*

I'm also a big fan of ramen, sukiyaki, and yakisoba. I actually don't like sushi, to be honest, as I don't eat fish.

Official Link Fanglomper
Reaction score
Katsu curry. *drools*

I'm also a big fan of ramen, sukiyaki, and yakisoba. I actually don't like sushi, to be honest, as I don't eat fish.
Not all sushi is made with fish. It's a misconception.

There is only one king!
Reaction score
Definitely sushi

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
i've never eaten japanese cuisine,not even sushi,but here in brazil we have miojo that's basically ramen,so I guess ramen ^^

Just hang on, suffer well
Reaction score
From what I've eaten, sushi. Mochi and other sweets are up there, but bean buns taste like toothpase.

The Ghost
Reaction score
Sushi.
Especially with soy sauce and wasabi.

Official Link Fanglomper
Reaction score
I knew I forgot something. I never did answer the question. I do enjoy sushi, and the only type I've tried and disliked has been ikura.

I loved the ramen over in Japan! There was this place I used to go to where I was semi-friends with the owner. She was very nice to me. I love Japanese pudding too. Other foods...yes yes yes!! Curry!! I fell in love with the curry, and that's the main thing that I miss eating over there. I also liked going to the udon and soba shops too. Curry Udon is really good. I liked mochi okay and odango. I liked the Katsudon as well.

Edit: I forgot to mention sukiyaki and takoyaki and yakitori.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love fresh sashimi of most kinds. I've gotten really sick of the salty, greasy stuff like ramen, and fried foods like tonkatsu.

Oh, and umeboshi make the best snack EVER.

Official Link Fanglomper
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever tried natto? I surprisingly don't mind it.

Last edited:
Child of the Atom
Reaction score
I love sushi, yakitori, ramen, shrimp tempura, korokke and curry. My favourite was onigiri. Those pretty much made up what I ate when I was in Japan. I kinda liked Takoyaki, but... yeah... not a favourite.