• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite Japanese food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once and only once. I almost threw up.
I had it with mocchi. It was really good that way. I can't recall what was mixed with it, though. I had it the traditional way too. First time I tried it, didn't like it at all, but wonder if it was due to the region. I was in Kanto, but up north where I was living, my area was known for its natto and having good natto. I avoided it, but couldn't for long because of the dishes (I've even had it in ramen). I tried it the traditional way, and I liked it. Surprising, right?

I tried a natto-maki at a cheap kaitenzushi place, which might have been the problem. Maybe if I had some proper "fresh" natto it wouldn't be as bad.

I tried a natto-maki at a cheap kaitenzushi place, which might have been the problem. Maybe if I had some proper "fresh" natto it wouldn't be as bad.
Maki as in sushi? Wow, never had natto in that way before. But yeah, maybe having it "fresh" might help. Yamagata is known for having good natto and good cherries. I'm not missing the natto much, but I am missing the cherries!! They were so good! But I wonder how everything is going as far as that's concerned anyway after all that happened back in March.

Maki as in sushi? Wow, never had natto in that way before.
Pretty much every konbini in the country sells natto-maki :p

My flatmate has convinced me to avoid produce from Yamagata for the moment - she's a little paranoid about radioactivity.

Pretty much every konbini in the country sells natto-maki :p

My flatmate has convinced me to avoid produce from Yamagata for the moment - she's a little paranoid about radioactivity.
Yeah, good idea. Before I left there, they were doing a ban of spinach and broccoli, iirc. Kinda sad too, since I love both of these vegetables. For the most part, though, most of the foods shipped to Yamagata came from the Sendai area or other affected areas. For example, the peaches (which were really good) came from Fukushima, so you know that was affected heavily.

I was at a sushi place and my friends convinced me to try nattou. I brought it about a centimeter away from my mouth when I decided that I couldn't take it and handed it to someone else. :3

I had some onigiri in Japan, and I must say it was the most delicious rice-based thing I have ever eaten that is not called gumbo.

I won't say favorite, but something that I really enjoy snacking on are Wasabi Peas. Hot and delish!

01615-roasted-hot-green-peas-lg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom