• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

What is your favorite mushroom-based Pokèmon?

Favourite Mushroom Pokemon?

• Shroomish/Breloom

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Paras/Parasect

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Morelull/Shiinotic

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Foongus/Amoongus

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

Tactician Karina

vampire kiss
Reaction score
Breloom is also my favorite. I also quite like Morelull and it's evo Shiinotic, the latter's Pokedex entry (in Sun) is especially interesting to me.

Lover

웃♥유
Reaction score
Probopass because you know that Gamefreak must've been smoking some kind of mushroom while designing it. Oh you meant literal mushroom Pokemon. Okay well in that case Paras because it was cute in its debut episode. :3

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I like both Morelull and Foongus, but I think Foongus is cuter. It looks like a little Moogle!

Leaf_Ranger

Reaction score
I love Shroomish! I didn't liked Brellom but I got along with it after a new playthrough in Sapphire and I made sure it was in my AS team, despite my starter being a Chespin.

My second favorite is Parasect, because it's just a zombie controlled by the Grass-type mushroom (now that I write it, it would be awesome to have the mushroom come out or fusing with and being the final evolution stage of Paras!!). Paras is just cute.

I like Amoongus and Fongus but I never took the time to train them since I prefer other same type Pkmn, namely Victreebel, Venusaur, Roserade and Vileplume. Perhaps I'll give it a try in a new playthrough of White.

When it comes to Foongus and Amoongus, I like their design and their entries (the first is cute, the second is creepy) but I'm not that into Fairy types and the fact that it debuted in Alola, made me not paying attention to it. I expect to train some in future games.

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Definitely Team Morelull, especially with its very mystical and cute depiction in DP, I love its design. Sort of sylvan in a fairy-like way, while not coming off of as the traditional "parasitic" or "fungal" Pokémon. Really likes its lavendar/purple-ish tones too.

colours

sɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴜʟʟᴀʙʏ
Reaction score
hi Breloom is adorable and is one of my absolute favourite Grass 'mons

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
Precious baby Breloom.

I'm also biased to Parasect since I had one on my team in FireRed.

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
Parasect has the best lore by far. Breloom is the cutest (although the Paras baby would win in that department) and easiest to use.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
The Shroomish line, since Breloom has a good movepool and two great abilities.

Everclear

Reaction score
I think Shroomish is my favourite based on the fact that I like its cry from the games and because it evolves into Breloom, which is a funny looking species.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Morelull is so cute and pretty. I'm a huge fan of real mushrooms (they can look so freaking cool!) and the moment I saw Morelull I was in love with its design. (If you take away Shiinotic's mouth I'd feel similar to it...)

Man now I want a dark type mushroom pokemon based off those ink cap mushrooms.

Chidamari Sketch

Number 0
Reaction score
I like creepy Pokemon; so my favorite mushroom Pokemon are the cordyceps-based Parasect line and Shiinotic line. I particularly like Shiinotic and how it's like a freaky-ass Toad/Petey Piranha hybrid, and it happens to be a Fairy type, too.

Neosquid

Number 6
Reaction score
shiinotic is my favorite mushroom pokemon (I appreciate morelull too). It's delightfully eerie, with its alien-like appearance and tendency to cause people to get lost in the woods with its bioluminescence. Parasect is my second favorite, it's a creepy zombie bug that's had its body hijacked by a fungus. The fact that my two favorite mushrooms in the pokeverse have feuds over territory is neat worldbuilding. I also have a bit of a soft spot for foongus, simply because I find it cute.

Last edited:

MegaPod

Malevolent Mower
Reaction score
My top favorite mushroom Pokémon are definitely Morelull and Shiinotic; those fulgent fairy fungi are just so frigging fabulous! Paras and Parasect make a close second, considering that I love both mushrooms and bugs, and the mushroom’s takeover of Parasect’s body is interesting of course. I’d rank Shroomish and Breloom third, since Shroomish is a cute little grump and I’ve wanted to experiment with Breloom in battle for a long while now. Foongus and Amoonguss are pretty interesting too, even if they don’t stand out to me as much as the other three mushroom Pokémon families.
I wonder what mushroom Pokémon Gen 9 will bring us years later?

ToxicWhiskers

Reaction score
Oooh, that's tough. I'd say Morelull is cute and I really liked the way it was portrayed in Detective Pikachu. I quite like Shiinotic because it kind of reminds me of Toad from the Mario games.

But who can resist Shroomish's adorable frowny face?