• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite of the new Pokemon?

What are your favorites of the New Pokemon?

• Total voters
Grookey and Scorbunny are my favorites of the starters. I'm wanting to use Scorbunny as my starter, but it's gonna depend on its final typing. (Basically, if it's Fire/Fighting, I'm just gonna go with Grookey and get Scorbunny later for dex completion.)

I'm also liking Galarian Zigzagoon because it's still a cutie, and Zacian looks cool and is the reason why I'm getting Sword over Shield.

Had to drop a vote for Galarian Weezing because it's so goofy-looking. Weezing is also one of my favorites from gen 1, and I'm glad it's finally getting some attention.

Also Rolycoly, because I'm still holding out hope that it becomes a train.

Scorbunny - It's a cute, athletic fire bunny.
Sobble - Also cute, it's a sad and shy boy that needs to be loved.
Corviknight - A cool looking crow or raven, definitely gonna have a spot on my team.
Gossifleur - It kind of reminds me of a pepper. Not feeling it's evo though.
Duraludon - Looks like a knife kind of, might be my second favorite dragon Pokémon after Drampa. Also I keep wanting to type Durarara instead of it's name each time lol.
Alcremie - Cute, also looks delicious. It's Gigantamax form looks great, also looks delicious.
Yamper - I love dogs, and corgis are adorable.
Galarian Weezing - It's top hat is a chimney and it has a beard, it's a fun design.
Galarian Zigzagoon & Linoone - I already like regular Zigzagoon and Linoone, but the added dark type and it's color scheme is awesome. Love the star pattern around their eyes too, and Galar Linoone's star eyes is designed like a shooting star, that's neat.
Obstagoon - I like the tough guy look it has.
Zacian & Zamazenta - I love wolves, though I like Zacian a little bit more. Both are still cool looking though.

Alcremie - it's like slurpuff but cuter. I used to have a dipshit friend who talks shit about this thing, but he's just a tasteless pleb; alcremie is top tier. Its gigantamax form is possibly the only good thing that came out of dynamax.
Rolycoly - it's sort of like a mini coal train. I also much appreciate the cyclops aspect. Largely on this list because I have high hopes for its evolution, like I previously did with drednaw. Poor drednaw...
Impidimp - it's a mischievous little rascal that is exactly within my tastes, which wouldn't be surprising since I'm like the biggest sableye fangirl on this forum. I love its tongue and its type combination. I'm worried evolution will ruin this thing....
Galarian Linoone - I didn't and still don't give a shit about vanilla linoone, but this thing is gr8. Very edgy and threatening looking. Reminds me of faticate, another regional variant of an early normal-type that I also didn't care about prior which I loved the new form of. Obstagoon is meh tho.
Galarian Weezing - ties with alolan eggy as the most hilarious regional variant. Typing is wonderfully bizarre and unexpected too. Don't care about regular weezing, but this thing is cool
Morpeko - finally, a hamster pokemon that isn't complete garbage. kicks a dedenne off a cliff Its gluttony is cute and I really like its hangry form. It and togedemaru are the only pikaclones I like. Unless you count alolan raichu....

I also like corviknight, sobble, wooloo, yamper, eldegoss, and drednaw, but not as much.

Corviknight - I absolutely love this edgy armored birb. Nice that we have both a raven and a crow Pokémon now, and Corviknight is definitely the cooler one imo.
Yamper - It’s a precious electric pupper, with a signature ability that looks like it’ll be fun in-game!
Rolycoly - Not only is it super cute and clever on its own, it’s on the right track to evolving into a steam locomotive!
Galarian Weezing - Holy frack, my wish for a Poison/Fairy Weezing variant came true, and even better than I imagined! It has fancy gaseous facial hair and smokestack TOP HATS that purify the air!! Fucken yes!!
Zacian & Zamazenta - Both the box legendaries look great, but I think Zamazenta is the more fun one to say, lol. And the shield armor is impressive looking.

Others that are pretty cute and/or cool are Scorbunny, Grookey, Galarian Zigzagoon/Linoone, and Morpeko (though Dedenne is still the cuter Pikaclone)

uhh, no. my beautiul hangry boi is superior
Hey, I do like the thing. It’s cute, and the form change is pretty cool as well. Though if I’m being frank, they clearly recycled the Bewear mold for its body and ear shape. :p That “vertical Twinkie” shape just doesn’t quite do as much for me as Dedenne’s more natural chubby gerbil shape, personally. Plus, the antenna aesthetic for Dedenne’s whiskers I find especially clever (even if its Fairy type is admittedly nonsense). That’s why I prefer the Kalosian Pikaclone, anyways.

eh, that's fair. now that you mention that it has the exact same ears as bewear, i can't unsee it. but bewear is my second favorite pokemon, so maybe that's why i like morpeko so much.

Impidimp: Still my current favorite Gen 8 Pokemon as of this writing. I love its wacky, yet adorable look; it vaguely resembles a Miniblin from the Toon-art style Zelda games, and its typing is neat, too.
Alcremie: It's pretty cute enough that I want one on my team; it's Giga forme is the only redeeming thing about Dynacrap because of how over-the-top it is and I'd probably actually use it.
Galarian Weezing: Neat typing, funny appearance that looks like a bong, and we need more un-cutesy, inelegant fairies. I mean, I like stuff like Mimikyu, Sylveon, the aforementioned Alcremie, and Primarina, but c'mon now.

Zacian, Zamazenta, Yamper, and Wooloo are the ones that stick out for me so far.

Galarian Weezing is also quite amusing. The smokestack/top hat design idea is actually quite clever.

Unlike the other designs, I really liked instantly Rolycoly. It is simple and quite strange. I really hope that it evolves into something cool

Duraludon is my favorite of the new bunch, but Scorbunny, Sobble, Corviknight, Drednaw, Morpeko, and Obstagoon are also pretty neat too.

Galarian Zigzagoon and Linoone are great, even better than the originals IMO. On the other hand, I don't like Obstagoon as much, and would have preferred it to stay on four legs instead of standing.

I wonder if we'll see a Hoenn Obstagoon at some point.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom