• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite Pokémon battle music?

I have a list of favorites:
Cynthia's theme(prior to battling her)
Gym leader final Pokemon theme(BW)
Hugh's theme(mainly due to me playing showdown)
Bede's theme(just a pure bop)
Oleana's theme(also a bop)

I think the gym leader theme from gen 1 is my favorite with the gen 4 rival theme as a close second

I have a list of favorites:
Cynthia's theme(prior to battling her)
Gym leader final Pokemon theme(BW)
Hugh's theme(mainly due to me playing showdown)
Bede's theme(just a pure bop)
Oleana's theme(also a bop)

OH MY GOD I LOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE ANISTAR CITY'S OST :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

The BDSP wild Pokémon tunes are good to the ears.

Team Plasma grunt fight from Black and White. That slaps harder than it has any right to. It's the only one that can start playing in my head from memory without having to hear bits of it first. That intro is chef's kiss.
v v v v v v v v
(just post a link of that music, all generations allowed)

BRUH

unfortunately i can't link rn but my favorite has to be penny's.
i quite like zinnia's, the unova e4's, the island deities', and marnie's themes. also all the giratina ones. the unova legendaries go pretty hard too (both the box and sub legendaries)

Everything involving Team Star is an easy top pick. Aside from their tracks, I think my favourite has to be the minor legendary theme for Gen 5 (the title attributes it to the Swords of Justice, but the Forces of Nature use it, too).

The discordant notes and wildly shifting tempo to the song just perfectly capture the danger and raw chaos of fighting with a powerful creature told of in legend, while still actually sounding surprisingly good to listen to on its own outside of that context.

My favorites are the RBY Trainer Battle theme, the Deoxys Battle theme from ORAS, and the Giratina Battle theme from Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

I think mine is the Gym Battle theme from XY. It's so unlike basically every other gym battle music in the series it works so well. The moment the guitar hits is glorious

Then there's also the Gym Theme from SwSh. Probably the gym theme that radiates the most similar energy to the XY one. Love the menacing and intense energy to it. And the moment the cheering comes in like a soccer/football match is great

Finally I need to mention Penny's theme from SV. Penny of all characters having such an intense theme is hilarious, but it slaps to the extreme so I'm more than grateful.

Mine is the gym leader battle theme from BW and from FRLG

I quite like penny’s theme but i also quite like Arceus battle theme in PLA and DPT/HGSS it’s perfect and chaotic for a fight against quite literally god

Back
Top Bottom