• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite Sun & Moon episode?

Actually there are a number of faves. To my everloving surprise (and yours, probs) these are not all even Rocket episodes. One episode doesn't even feature the TRio! Because I am just too lazy, I have linked each episode to my original reaction :cool: (Oh to be a regular poster... It's like I don't even need to have original thoughts anymore!)

SM012 - The episode that really triggered my emotional investment into the SM series <3
SM021 - Mooland's death affected me so much I couldn't even watch when I OHKO'd one in my game the other day.
SM028 - The episode that made me a Fujisaku stan...............
SM038 - Well, duh.
SM055 - What can I say I'm a soppy romantic at heart.
SM058 - Again, duh.
SM073 - :bulbaLove:
SM093 - :bulbaLove::bulbaLove:
SM108 - I mean, I cried uncontrollable tears in public on the train home from work watching this so it clearly fulfilled its intended purpose...
SM132 - :bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove:

Litten episodes through the capture, the Rockruff capture (even though it has a fairly unliked scene), Alolan Vulpix's debut off the top of my head.

Episode 20 and the final part of Ash vs Kukui because it really proved just how much care and love Aya Matsui put into Ash and Pikachu's bond (which Journeys ended up wrecking a bit thus starting the "Oh no Pikachu will get all hissy and jealous if he doesn't get to battle" joke and making me appreciate ep 20 even more so yeah, thanks Journeys, you good for nothing series :mad:).

Episode 21 was especially one of the finest hours for the series and how it handled death.

Gotta hand it to Ash vs Kukui, particularly SM143 and SM144. It just elevated the league to a whole new level. I could go on and on about how phenomenal the battle was, but to sum it up it's where Alolan Ash truly became a champion - no, a legend, of the region.

since don't care much for 'humans' my favorite episodes are mostly for the Pokemon them selves

one of my favorites has to be "One Journey Ends, Another Begins" with cutie Litten and Stoutland, I do have trouble watching it, since I do cry a lot watching the episode

another funny one for me is with Litten and Alolan Persian , "That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!"

and with "Racing to a Big Event!" not only was the episode funny, so cute when Snowy was born

I'm sure there are a few more, especially with the Vee

My favorite is SM043, seeing Ash and Misty giving their all gave me goosebumps and the other parts were cool too.

Second is SM041, which in my opinion is the best race episode as it's completely focused on the race and has very clever twists and story beats. Also it happens to feature one my favorite buses Alola mons.

Third is SM048, the very dramatic climax of the first half of the Aether Arc.

lesse... off top of my head

SM021 - this really broke my heart, and is the episode that really made me fall for this series. So so sad to think about poor Stoutland and how difficult it was for Litten to cope.

SM108 - like... I can't even explain how powerful this episode was, and to this day is the saddest one I'd ever seen. Mallow's conversation with her mom was incredibly emotional with every word. Sometimes I want to rewatch this again but avoid doing so because I know I'd cry again.

SM079 - a very beautifully-done episode. That starry sky was so pretty to look at, and hearing the truth about Minior really tugged at my heartstrings. Geez, just realizing this list has been all sad episodes so far lol. Can't help it though, these three are too good!!

Most TR-focused and Lillie-focused episodes were great too, though I'm biased there. But my top is def the Ash vs. Kukui battle - like dang, best animation I've seen yet. Love you SuMo. <3

SM108 is probably objectively the best one. The only thing wrong with it was the random Shaymin tacked on at the end and the fact that we hadn't been given any hints at all that Mallow had a haunted past involving her mother, which was a fault of the series leading up to it rather than the episode itself.

SM is one of my least favorite series, but my favorite SM episode is Parallel Friendships! (SM101) because of the serious apocalyptic tone of the episode which was a nice change of pace. Honorable mention to SM21 because that was just so sad and I love Litten’s story.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom