• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite video game?

Since you guys're talking about The Sims, I'd like to say that my favorite one is The Sims 2. Not because of graphics or nostalgia, but because of the small details this game has that its sequels don't.

This video pretty much summons most of them.

#1 favorite is Skies of Arcadia: Legends. It is a JRPG from the Dreamcast/Gamecube-era and I love pretty much everything about it.

Skies of Arcadia <3<3<3 The crown jewel of my dream cast collection. It's so unbelievably good and charming.

My favourites are Suikoden II or recently Moon: Remix RPG Adventure. I highly recommend anyone who reads this post to pick up Moon: Remix RPG Adventure on your switch for a truly unique, funny, and surprisingly profound alternative RPG

I love CS:GO and play a lot to improve my skills. I found esports tips on Tips.GG and often follow the best players. Hope one day I'll take part in pro tournament with pro gamers. Playing with a team is so exciting for me.

Last edited:
Too hard to pick just one...there's so many! In terms of series, I love Mario (both main series and its spin-offs like the sports titles, Paper Mario series, Mario Party, etc.), Pokemon (of course), Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Danganronpa, Ace Attorney...Xenoblade Chronicles is a big favorite, though that's more of a standalone since it's the only title of its series that I've played. I also love a lot of Mii titles like Miitopia, Tomodachi Life, Wii Party and Wii Sports...Stardew Valley is also great...oh and the older installments of Guitar Hero and Rock Band, with Guitar Hero III being the best IMO. Yeah it's hard to narrow down lol, I love too many games

HuniePop, a puzzle dating simulator.
South Park: The Stick of Truth, a RPG.
Fall Guys, a battle arena obstacle course style game.

Hm. I have a lot of favorite video games, making it difficult to choose even a handful. Especially since my interests tend to be pretty cyclic; a game that I'd consider my favorite today might have its crown stolen by a different one a few weeks from now. I can confidently say that my top favorite series/franchises are Persona, Pikmin, Puyo Puyo, Mega Man (Classic), Splatoon and Pac-Man.

At least one individual game that's very near and dear to my heart, though... Game & Watch Gallery 2 for the Gameboy Color. The music, the graphics, the simplet-yet-engaging little micro-games themselves... I spent a LOT of time on this one as a kid and still find myself gravitating towards this game whenever I fall into a depressive spell. Similar reasons have also driven me towards a few members of the falling blocks genre; namely Tetris, Panel de Pon, Puyo Puyo and Dr. Mario (even if I'm not very good at half of that list yet).

The games that most marked me were:

1. Pokémon, I will choose HeartGold.
2. Chronno Trigger.
3. The Witcher 3: Wild hunt.
4. Age of Empires 2.
5. Europa Universalis IV/ Crusader Kings II

Honorable Mention to: Digimon Word 3.

Last edited:
I tend to have a very difficult time picking my favourite game, since the answer can change depending on how I'm feeling at the moment, so I've kinda just assembled a Top 3 of games I really enjoy to answer this question with whenever it comes up, any of which could wander their way to #1 depending on how I'm feeling on a given day. In no particular order:

Kingdom Hearts II: The Kingdom Hearts series in general has always been very dear to me, and the second game is, imo, the best in the series. Most satisfying iteration of the combat system to perform, and the Critical Mode is, like, the best version of hard mode in a game that I've ever seen?

Sonic and the Black Knight: Sonic, also, is a series I grew up with that means a great deal to me. And Black Knight is imo the best of the bunch, with a general gameplay premise that works way better than people give it credit for, and an incredible amount of sincerity in its writing that imo makes for the best written Sonic story and best portrayal of Sonic himself across all games.

The World Ends With You Original Mix: A magnificently written and executed story, with a wonderfully unique and enjoyable combat system that got cut down in every subsequent version of the game. Easily the best game on the DS.

One of my favorite games is Witcher 3. I'm not a fan of games of this genre. I prefer strategy games where it's not enough to just turn on and play. Strategies you spend hours reading guides for, kind of like the D&D Guide. But after buying a new computer, I decided to download it and see how the system behaves. And stuck very much, I played for 6-10 hours without a break. So elaborate quests I have not seen anywhere else. Haven't even passed half of them yet, but there were already a lot of memorable quests. Huge beautiful world, the most realistic forest in games.

Last edited:
It's been Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King since I first got my hands on it when I was a kid, and I doubt that it will be knocked off its pedestal anytime soon. I think at this point a lot of that reverence I have towards it is nostalgia, since I spent hours wandering around the world when I was little (oftentimes doing nothing but daydreaming), and it spawned a love for JRPGs in general that introduced me to many more of my favourite series. Aside from that, Pokemon Platinum, Persona 3 Portable, Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers and NieR Replicant are all high on my list, also.

my all-time favorite game is probably the legend of zelda: a link to the past. between the complex dungeons, the fun exploration and the challenging boss fights, the game is just one heck of a ride. i can't think of a single thing the game does wrong.

i'm also a big fan of pokemon platinum, age of empires 2 and the elder scrolls 4: oblivion

Picking my favorite game is like picking my favorite children, it's impossible. So here's a list in no particular order and multiple entries from each franchise:

• Pokemon Platinum and Emerald.
  • Final Fantasy 4, 6 and 9 (shoutout to 5).
  • Dragon Quest 5, 8, 9 and 11 (shoutout to 4, 6 and 7).
  • Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past for the 2D side of things. Twilight Princess for the 3D side.
  • Hollow Knight.
  • Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia.
  • Fallout New Vegas.
  • Grim Dawn.
  • Age of Mythology.
  • Jagged Alliance 2.
  • Rome Total War 1
  • Bowser Inside Story

Probably a lot more that i'm forgetting, but those that come to my mind at the moment.

My favorite game of all is Breath of Fire 3. I've been in love with the Breath of Fire series for years now but BoF3 will always have a special place in my heart. Even after several new games have come out over time Breath of Fire 3 has retained its crown as my top favorite game. You just can't beat the classics sometimes.

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Maybe because I was 12 when I played it, but it was just such a cool world to explore, especially at a time when I didn't really use the internet to look up guides for stuff. The combat system was really fun, I liked the characters/dialog, the music, pretty much everything.

I almost exclusively play Nintendo games so my choices are rather limited. But the original Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are games I think are fantastic and still hold a warm place in my heart.

When it comes to Pokémon, I think Colosseum and XD are both woefully underrated and among the best in the series. I wish they got a Switch port or a remake or perhaps even a sequel (that last one is especially unlikely, I know). But in the main series my favorite games are BW and B2W2.

my all-time favorite game is probably the legend of zelda: a link to the past. between the complex dungeons, the fun exploration and the challenging boss fights, the game is just one heck of a ride. i can't think of a single thing the game does wrong.

i'm also a big fan of pokemon platinum, age of empires 2 and the elder scrolls 4: oblivion

Hot damn this post got me feeling all kinds of Wow, what a great selection here. ALttP easily best LoZ game imho. Also appreciate the Oblivion > Skyrim here, TES5 definitely overrated.

I almost exclusively play Nintendo games so my choices are rather limited. But the original Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are games I think are fantastic and still hold a warm place in my heart.

When it comes to Pokémon, I think Colosseum and XD are both woefully underrated and among the best in the series. I wish they got a Switch port or a remake or perhaps even a sequel (that last one is especially unlikely, I know). But in the main series my favorite games are BW and B2W2.

Colosseum love, yes!!!!

Oh right, my favourite game. Ahem yes. For me it goes to Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. The game with almost infinite grind and customisation all over the place, it truly ticks all the boxes when it comes to what I want in a game. There's surprising amount of good storytelling and plot, considering the initial introduction to the characters and "feel" early game, there's more than enough levels in terms of challenge and I like the fact you can casually play along with the story whilst also be able to harbour your inner maniac and grind out for those min/max Yoshi builds and such. Thousands upon thousands of hours have been poured into the game and each of its ports/iterations (shoutouts to Disgaea PSP for the glitched Residents) and as much as the other games in the series do have their own pros over Disgaea 1 it is always this one that I return to when wanting to play a Disgaea game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom