• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is Your Favoruite Pokemon Team that You Used?

Reaction score
I'm Stuck Between X and Sun. They are Both Great Teams.
X
Greninja
Talonflame
Charizard

Lucario
Gogoat
Heliolisk
Sun
Charizard (Transfered It From Y Cuz I Wanted A Fire Type and None of the Fire Types Were Apealing to me. Now I Quite Like Salazzle.)
Decidueye
Vikavolt
Alolan Raichu
Lycanroc
Araquanid

I believe that my favorite team is my HG's main story team and that are still my companions before turning off the game most of the times. This is greatly due to how great the game is (come to think of it and taking into consideration Cyberpunk's scam story, HG was the only game that I've pre-ordered and I now realise that it was a bullseye because of the game value (not financial) and the pre-order bonus) but because I had great fun in playing with it: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Arbok, Skarmory and Electabuzz (that since one of this year's month - I believe - is an Electivire). Most of this team also allowed the training of some other Pkmn that would be part of their own teams: (Roserade (x3), Haunter, Koffing, Drapion, Salamence, Toxicroak, Houndoom, Mightyena, Honchkrow, etc...).
I also had a great time with my first ever main story Grass-only team in AS that has Chesnaught, Roserade, Ludicolo, Breloom, Gogoat, Tropius and then Sawsbuck, Serperior, Vileplume, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Sceptile, Bellossom, etc.).
Before that, I had much fun with my LG team made up of Venusaur, Victreebel, Fearow, Tyranitar, Jolteon...I can't remeber my Water-type companion for that journey, perhaps Seadra. :unsure:

I remember having the most fun with my Platinum team of Torterra, Staraptor, Gyarados, Gallade, Rotom and Weavile.

Of the Hall of Fame teams I've immortalized in HOME, I think there's three that I love most, each for different reasons:

White 2 (2016)
- Serperior
- Simipour
- Arcanine
- Steelix
- Braviary
- Crustle

This team is memorable to me because I remember experimenting a lot with status moves and stall tactics. Normally I'm just a pure damage output kind of guy, but I was wanting to challenge myself a bit by using a different, more long-term battling style. There's still some muscle on there (Arcanine, Braviary), but Serperior relied a lot on Coil, Steelix used Stealth Rock and Toxic a lot, and I'd usually have Crustle set up a Shell Smash before going on the offensive. This is also the playthrough where I first gave Funfest Missions a chance (and lord knows I rave about them now), and also took on the White Treehollow for the first time, using this team. So I've got a lot of fond memories attached to them. And, this is where I learned that Simipour is Good, Actually.

Ultra Sun (2019)
- Incineroar (Mitten)
- Magnezone (Wokemagnet)
- Alolan Dugtrio (Diggit)
- Shiinotic (Feytality)
- Gorebyss (Fettuccine)
- Naganadel (Roswell)

I'm sure I've recounted this story before. In 2017, my wife gave up on her Ultra Sun run upon reaching Royal Avenue, because the game was just not different enough from the previous year's game. However, cut to two years later, and I'm desperate to discuss the story and gameplay changes with someone who isn't Bulbagarden (no offense) or reddit. So we arrived at a proposal - she enjoys watching Let's Plays, so I'd play the game and she'd watch. And it worked out great! There was a lot of humor in this run. I think we'd been rewatching Breaking Bad around that time too, so when prompted to name my character, "Walt" was the first thing to come to mind, but Walter White's an asshole, so I wanted to play around with it, and the next thing I thought of was the "W for Wumbo" gag from SpongeBob SquarePants. (I cannot explain the cadences of my brain.) Hence, the player was christened Malt. I then translated this "logic" over to the Starter's name - Litten became Mitten, which was oddly fitting given Incineroar's absurdly large hands. I also decided that I wanted to have an alien/extraterrestrial sub-theme with some of the members, and that manifested in the inclusion of Magnezone (a UFO), Shiinotic (alien abduction-esque), and Naganadel (a literal alien). I remember there being a lot of great and/or funny moments throughout this playthrough, the precise details of which unfortunately elude me now. But I know that Feytality came in clutch and gave Ultra Necrozma an unlikely ass-whooping, and that Multi Battle during Episode RR (where you team up with Lillie against Faba and an Aether grunt) was the most agonizing torment I've ever endured in a Pokémon game, with the battle lasting upwards of 50 turns. Never before have I so wished for the ability to use the VS Recorder on storyline matches.

Sun (2020)
- Decidueye (Apple Tea)
- Pelipper (Big Gulp)
- Snorlax (Egg Nog)
- Zygarde (Monster)
- Pinsir (Coffee Grind)
- Togedemaru (Spiked Punch)

I think I did this run just for fun last year. Other than Decidueye, I really wanted to try out some Pokémon that I hadn't used before, and I was also keen to try using Zygarde during the main storyline since it sort of "evolves" as you collect more Cells. For the most part, I was just very pleased with this team's performance, and felt connected to each member. The nickname theme is drink-related, with Zygarde's name doubling as a reference to a song my favorite artist had just put out, but "Spiked Punch" still makes me giggle the most.

My favorite team I used was in my first playthrough of US. It was: Malamar, Zoroark, Decidueye, Arbok, Oricorio(Electric for most of the run), and Kommo-o.
This team stands out to me because they had a lot of personality, most of them I hadn’t used before, I was pleasantly suprised by some of them being available to catch, and they stayed fairly balanced throughout the run.

I havent played that many Pokemon games, and I'm planning on playing more. But I realy like my first team in Moon

Incineroar
Absol
Kommo-o (Komodo)
Gyrados (Koi)
Lucario (Rio

Lunala (Luna)
Bad nicknames, I know. Also, not a very strategic team. I tend to choose Pokemon that I like rather than the stronger/strategic ones.
I am also currently playing UM and I've bonded with my current team.
Decidueye (Quill)/Sceptile(Scep)
Lopunny (Vanilla)/Joey (Snorlax)
Zoroark (Zorro)
Magmar (Pyro)/Blaziken (Stubby)/Infernape (George)
Golduck (Jimmy)/Wartortle (Splashy)

I will probably switch out Zorro or Vanilla for a ground type, bug type, or something else. BTW I got Infernape, Sceptile, Blaziken and Blastoise from Island scan. Also if there are more than one Pokemon on each line, it's a substitute waiting in a box.

Myy first Pokémon Platinum team

Rypherior, Giratina, Empoleon, Alakazam,Magnezone,Porygon-Z

My first Black 2 team

Samurott, Arcanine, Magnezone, Crobat, Metagross, Leavanny

My first Pokemon Soul Silver Team

Ferraligatr, Bellosom, Tyranytar, Mismagius, Togekiss, and I don't recall the other one.

My first Yellow Team

Primeape, Nidoking, Pikachu, Charizard,Blastoise, Pidgeot

But my favourite is my first Vietnamesse Pokémon Crystal team

Suicune,Pidgeot, Meganium,Haunter,Togetic, Dragonite

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom