• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite generation, and why?

What is your favourite generation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Which is your favourite Pokemon generation, and why?

For me, it'd be Generation V. I know we haven't got BW2 yet, but I still loved Black and White and I love every Pokemon introduced in the generation, unlike the other four. In order of my favourite to least favourite, I'd go Gen V, Gen IV, Gen III, Gen I, Gen II.

I tried to not be That guy, but I is just tops for me. That said, there is a special place in my heart for all five gens.

My most nostalgic generation would be Generation 1, but I actually love all of them just the same because they are all different and special in their own way. Without a doubt I vote "I like all of them"! :D

I like how so far, every gen has one vote in the poll except for gen IV. Anyway, Gen II is my favorite, but I would say gen V is becoming a close second, probably tied with gen I. My order would be II, V/I, IV, III.

I think my top favorite are Gen 1,2 and 4. Then BW era and the last is 3rd generation. I guess this is because of the nostalgia factor. I stopped playing pokemon at the end of the second gen, and came back for the 4th. The wifi era starting with DP really made me like that generation.

I like them all, but not equally. I started with Gen I, so it's special to me. From most to least favorite: I, II, V, III, IV.

I don't really think I have a favourite.
In each gen I have pokémon that I love and Pokémon that I hate.

Gotta be Gen II, just because it was the first one I got. Ahh, Gold :) I also think it has thus far been the most creative, because you can go back to Kanto, but I've not played Gen V yet so maybe it would be that. Anyway, favourite to least favourite - II, IV, I, III.

Gen III did a lot and I mean A LOT for me play and interest wise. A lot to see, a lot to explore (hell you can even make a hidden base from said exploration), cool monsters, great setting, brass abuse just all around fun with no cheap glitter and gloss attached just good clean game play. Right, the most and least: III, V, I, II, IV.

My favorite generations were Gen III and Gen IV, but I picked I like them all, cuz I do like them all.

Picked II before even seeing 'I like all of them' option. So I believe we can agree every generation brought something valuable to the series,so any of them we choose is solely based on our personal preferences.

That said,my favorite is II because of the region,it's Pokemon and that overall feel of the gen.

I can't decide. There were things about every generation that I liked and disliked (except for the first one since I've never played it...).

For me, they all have their charms. :) II and III are close for the best - I love Hoenn's layout and cities, and I love Johto's old-school Japan and country feel.

I gotta say, I fell in love with Gen V. I just love a lot of things about it: Snivy, the region, Snivy, the Pokémon, the characters, Snivy. :D

Though, all generations are awesome! Gen I, II and III are pretty nostalgic to me. ¦3

Gen 1 is my favourite, just for nostalgia though - I actually remember the first time I ever played a pokemon game(US release of Red), picking my first starter (bulbasaur) beating the crap out of Blue's charmander, and I still do runs of Red/Blue every few months, I even got (japanese) green, and played it through, including catching all pokemon available in that version, despite not knowing a word of japanese, just because I wanted to see what changed between US and Japan's releases with my own eyes.

Gen 3 would be my favourite were it not for all the memories I have with gen 1 though. I really loved the design of the Hoenn region and the pokemon designs from gen3 were great.

Gen 4 because of Platinum. One of my favorite games.

I enjoyed Gen IV the most. My first pokemon game was gold and when I finally went out and purchased HG I got an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. Not to mention the physical/special split and the much improved graphics.

All. I like the mystery and excitement of new pokemon and unexplored territory each time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom