• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite generation, and why?

What is your favourite generation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all gens, each for its own reasons, but I expect BW2 to be great games and that's why I voted for Gen 5 (also BW1 were great too).

Though, if I don't really like BW2 after I play them, my favorite would have to be Gen 2 or 3.

I like them all equally to be honest. Of course Gen I was classic and the one I grew up with, and the same goes with Gen II. Gen III was okay in my opinion, it had some really cooll pokemon but some I didn't really like. Gen IV and V are both awesome too!

Generation 3 for me.

All of the generations have something going for them: Gen 1 was the start of everything, Gen 2 refined everything and introduced a ton of new mechanics (as well as having the best starters), Gen 3 added a huge amount of depth to the Pokemon themselves (giving us natures, abilities and a generally improved data structure), Gen 4 added a huge amount of depth to battles with the sorely-needed physical/special split, and Gen 5 gave us our strongest story and characters.

But my favorite element of the games has always been the monster designs themselves, and that's where Gen 3 really excels in my opinion.

My favorite is definitely II, followed by III. I really enjoyed V, generation I has just always been there (I was 6 when I first played it) and I can't stand IV. I hated most of the new pokemon in IV and was seriously let down by all the tacked on evolutions to the first generation.

I honestly love them all, like any Pokemon fan would, but my favorite has to be Gen III.

I spent most of my childhood playing R/S/E, and that generation has been my favorite since.
(Though, if we're going game wise, generation I, LG/FR.)

Eeeyup.

III. Nostalgic for me, brilliant music, neat pokemon (Lotad and Mudkipz ftw), a veeeery long and clear road where the day-care is so hatching eggs is easy, and a lush Hoenn environment that's easy to enjoy. Oh, and two evil teams. Then there were Col and XD, which I liked for the Shadow Pokemion.

Gen III has to be the most nostalgic Gen for me, seeing as its the first one that I didn't know the Pokemon that were in it before hand. I still remember picking my Sapphire version up from Target and encountering my first Wurmple. Never saw one before that.

But this is the true tea....

Gen III > Gen V > Gen IV > Gen II > Gen I

Gen II for me. Although I started with gen I and loved it, gen II just perfected pokemon in my opinion. Gen II had so many great innovations, many of which have become staples in pokemon games- choose your gender, day and night, pokegear (the watch and stuff from later games is basically just a variation of this), pokemon genders, breeding etc. It even had TWO regions! It was also the first time I got to pick my starter (my gen I game was pokemon yellow)

I like Generation III the best, just because of their pokemon. Everything else isn't that good, except maybe the Poffin mechanics and how to get the Regis. The pokemon are so good, that I like Generation III for pretty much only that reason.

Gen 3, with Gen 4 in a close second. Gen 3 just had a great region to bop around in, it had a literal ocean, and it had the absolute BEST soundtrack out of the whole series (which is a huge plus for me in anything)

Generation IV definately, it's when I really got addicted to the games... :p

Hip hip huzzah! My favorite is Gen III and it's the most popular according to this poll.
I like it best because of Emerald. Emerald contains lovely things such as the best music, Minun, Latias, tons of other Pokemon I favor, battles against two villain teams, the most attractive playable trainers, the Battle Frontier, the original weather-centric areas and Pokemon, being a gym leader's kid and fighting against your dad, double battle combination moves that are excellent and wow, and at least one other big reason that's slipping my mind. There's a reason I'm on my third play-through and my longest file has 250+ hours of play time.

Whilst I have the fondest memories of Gen II, taking off the Nostalgia Filter I'm gonna go out on a limb and vote the current Gen, V. I think every gen has managed to top the last, continually improving & reshaping the franchise in more innovative ways than the last. It seems only natural that V is the pinnacle of the series, atm, and it feels like it, too; I think I'm enjoying the series now more than ever before. I think what makes Gen V the best, for me, is that even after ~a decade and a half GF have still managed to keep the world of Pokémon vibrant, fresh and original, still keeping us guessing at what they'll do next, even though the foundations of the series (League challenge + Gotta Catch 'em All) hasn't changed.

Generation III is no doubt my favorite! I loved Hoenn, the music, and the Pokemon there so much.

I can't decide between gen 4 and 5. I loved them both. xP

I didn't like gen 3 much and gen 2 is alright. Gen 1 is classic though, gotta admit.

I like all of them, but i like Gen II the most (i dont count remakes, just the main trio). So when looking at the pokemon, story, etc. it would be this for me:

Gen II > Gen III > Gen I > Gen V >>>> Gen IV (it does have HGSS, my favorite games, but I only am looking at DPPt)

Gen IV... DPPT are still the best Pokémon games out there.
And Gen V, I really like the newer games.

Gen III is fantastic, but not my favorite. Gen I is good but only for the nostalgia.

Gen II being the worse.
Dull Pokémon, no new villain team, bad character designs, etc.

Gen IV. Platinum was my game, and I sunk a lot of time into it (the most of any other so far). It was also a great time to be a pokemon fan. Other than the craze durring Gen I, I feel like IV had better spin-off games, more manga (translated), and better anime than the other gens. Due to alot of the new features within the games, the fans were also able to better connect with each other through the wonders of the interwebs.

Gen III. Hoenn is a beautiful region and has awesome Pokémon.

Gen V tried to give us a mor serious plot but it did a Hindenburg. Oh the humanity

I love all of them...I because it's the generation that started Pokémon, II because of Silver, III because of the geography, IV because of the legends, V because of the new technology. I think V's characters are my favorites because they're a little deeper than past characters, but Hoenn is my favorite region because of all the cool places you got to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom