• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite generation, and why?

What is your favourite generation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... this is a tough one since I like them all, but right now Gen IV, since it basically got me back into playing Pokémon again. I was a bit burned by Hoenn and how boring I found the land to be, but after playing Diamond I started to like the series again. However right now Gen V is my favorite monster wise if only for all the new monsters that came out during it. What can I say, I love a good number of the monsters introduced in it.

My favorite Generation would have to be 3, because it has a lot of oceans which is kind of person I am. I love the water a lot. It also brought us May and Steven Stone. The Debut of the Poke-Contest which I was addicted to after I beat the game. A lot good memories of me catching Kyogre and using him only for contests and my first Sceptile. The Elite 4 was very easy, but Drake is the one that got me into Flygons and Salmances. I spent most of my hours playing the game. I really love Gen 3.

Wow, I never knew how popular Generation III is. :O The first video game I bought for myself was Pokémon Silver, so Gen II probably takes the cake just for the nostalgia factor. Gen I has a special place in my heart, too. Red is the only game I caught every Pokémon in, too.

The only Pokémon game I've beat since Silver is Black. I skipped Gen III completely and made it to the Elite 4 in Platinum.

Gen III, especially Emerald.

It was harder than IV/V for a lot of reasons, like the fact that if you killed Latias/Latios, they were gone.

I can't really single out a single generation that I like best, because there are so many things I like about each generation.

Also, interesting to note is apparently Generation III is the most popular.

I have to go with Generation V. I really liked Gen IIIs addition of abilities and it recognizing if a move made contact or not. I absolutely loved Gen IV physical/special split, but I have to say, I did not like Sinnoh's layout, hated what they did with pokemon contest, and did not like a lot of the new pokemon or gym leaders. HGSS had a lot of nice changes, like the pokeathelon, being able to have running shoes on all the time, and pokemon following you, but they were still remakes. Gen V had all the good stuff about the previous two generations (minus the HGSS features), plus the change to experience calculation, the new dowsing machine, and was the first generation since Gen I to do something original with the Pokemon Leage. The only gripe I have is not being able to have the running shoes on at all times.

II and III always tie with me. Even though I picked III, I honestly can't decide. All the generations were amazing but the Hoenn region blew me away the first time seeing it. I love the designs of the cities and landmarks. The music is amazing and everywhere you hear blaring trumpets, roll drums and light piano melodies. Gen II I like because it's part of Kanto and I can re explore and get 16 badges. The Pokemon introduced are really amazing and some of my favorites like Umbreon and Ampharos. Same for Gen III. Gen V would be a close 2nd or 3rd. Black and White were amazing. The graphics on Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City blew me away again. The new feature introduced so far are amazing.
Order for me:
1. Gen III and II
2.Gen V
3. Gen I
4./5. Gen IV

Gen II, I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Gen V is the best generation of all time! OF ALL TIME!

I started with Silver and I love Gen II (the two regions, 16 badges, memorable legendaries), but Gen V wildly exceeded my expectations with storyline, character development, and overall epicness. There's also a lot of things that hit home for me in Gen V.

Gen IV, partly because that's when I first started playing Pokémon, and also HGSS are possibly my favourite games. And because I just liked it the most. Obviously.

I picked that I liked all of the generations. Every single one I've enjoyed the only thing is I always have trouble going back and playing through a past generation. I completely drained my gen III and most of my gen IV games of all the pokemon I had collected and wanted to use for competitive reason and now I find it hard to want to return to those games. I will get these random nostalgic days where I want to play a past gen and I try to but I can't get into it. I've been kinda out of playing pokemon lately but I'm hoping with BW2 I'll be back for a while :).

Surprised to see Gen III leading the poll. But, I do have to go with Gen III with Gen V close behind. I loved everything about Gen III. Emerald was my absolute favorite game ever! I played that game for countless hours, it was just so fun!

Generation I, of course. I like all generations but, you just can't beat the original. Generation I was one of the best things in my childhood, then at some point, i grew up and stop watching or playing it. 2 years ago, I started to play the games again at the age 20. Now I feel sorry for myself about thinking i was grew up back then. And this explains why Generation I is the best. When you think of it, you start to write some emotional crap like this, that's how epic Generation I is. Now leave me alone, I'm crying.

Last edited:
Personally, Gen I, Gen III, and Gen V is what I like!
I feel that Gen IV was too slow compared to Gen III. Nonetheless, I have like about 250+ hours play time on It. Beaten the Pokemon League about 20+ times. I migrated my best Pokemon from Gen III to my Diamond. Overall, Its still a fun game.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think my favorite is Generation IV.

While I didn't like Pearl Version so much, because it felt really slow, I enjoyed Platinum much, MUCH more. And then my absolute favorite Pokemon game came out during this time, HeartGold Version. That alone is enough for Gen. IV to be my favorite.

I like all of them, but I like Generation V in terms if Pokemon introduced.

I like all of them , but I choose Hoenn, is a region fantastic

HeartGold really impressed me cause I love Johto and the Ho-oh fight was awesome. So I guess I'd say Gen IV.

personally, I never did understand the hate with Gen III... most of my friends in Pokemon usually liked Gen II the most, if not Gen I...

III is my favorite, predominantly because I liked their starters the most. Blaziken quickly became my favorite pokemon of all time, and it got better when I read the Pokedex entry. Generation II is my second favorite because due to my being a noob at video games in general, let alone Pokemon, it was the first one I actually beat. (started with Pokemon Blue, though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom