• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite non-animal Pokemon?

Humans: Hitmontop
Blobs: Reuniclus, Zygarde core
Objects: Magnemite
Fairies: Jirachi
Letters (?): Unown
Plants: Pineco (I don't really know if it goes there or in bugs), Lotad
Golems: Golett
Minerals: Roggenrola

I always have a hard time answering these kinds of questions, but my best answer would have to be a Rotom for now, especially when inhabiting a random device.

Humans: Gardevoir, Gallade
Blobs: Ditto, Cosmog
Objects: Wobbuffet, Chandelure, Drifblim, Dhelmise
Plants: Oddish, Maractus, Lilligant, Tropius
Golems: Golett, Golurk
Minerals: Minior, Carbink
Fairies: Jirachi, Celebi
Bugs: Ribombee, Volcarona, Leavanny
Misc.: Castform, Mimikyu, Minior

Last edited:
It's a wide area, so I just will cite a few of the ones appearing this determinate moment at the top of my mind: Klinklang, Magnezone, Solrock, Lunatone, Chandelure, Dhelmise, Porygon-Z, Tsareena, etc...

I'm curious, has anyone attempted to make a formal listing of this kind of thing?

At any rate, my favorite is Stakataka.

Rotom because I like ghost Pokemon overall and obviously my namesake since Trubbish is so cute. ^^

Porygon-Z would have to be my favorite, but Chandelure, Castform-Snowy, Cryagonal, Minior, Gigalith, Golurk, and Spiritomb are all inanimate-object Pokémon that deserve a mention. Morelull, Shiionic, Cradily, and Roserade are all plant Pokémon that I find pretty cool too.

I'm curious, has anyone attempted to make a formal listing of this kind of thing?

At any rate, my favorite is Stakataka.
With inspiration of Reshi's list (User:Reshi643/Pokémon designed after animals or plants - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) which by the way is missing some Pokemon (such as Plusle and Minum), I've created these lists (User:TwistedMeow/Pokémon designed after non-animals beings - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia, User:TwistedMeow/Pokémon designed after animals - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

do sableye, gulpin, impidimp, and swalot count as animals? I dunno. Anyways, my favorite non-animal pokemon include sableye, gulpin, swalot, impidimp, gourgeist, dhelmise, porygon-z, minior, lunatone, palossand, shiinotic, galarian weezing, vileplume, cryogonal, alolan muk, cacturne, golurk, drifblim, etc.

Last edited:
Unown is probably my top favorite as I just have always thought that their concept was really neat. Other favorites are Litwick, Phantump.

I am a fan of giant robots so... Too many to count but Top 5 for me here are Metagross, Genesect, Magearna, Celesteela and Stakataka.

Some Robot Pokémon just fascinates me, but I used them quite in battles too.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom