• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favourite song of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Mine is definitely UGK/Outkast/Three 6 Mafia's Int'l Player's Anthem

Follow The Nightingale by Kokia. No question. The game itself is kinda...divisive, but this song is an absolute masterwork as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: Crap, YouTube removed the video.

Last edited:
For the life of me I don't think I could choose just one song.

I think the Song Of Four Seasons by Nujabes though, that night be my top contender. It's a song I never get tired of and it's really soothing for my anxiety.

As weird as it is Lady Marmalade by Christina Aquilera, Mya, P!nk, and Lil' Kim was a song I listened to a lot when I was younger to help me get over the death of my dog. (I was in a huge Christina Aguilera phase back then).

Then there's Karma by Alicia Keys, It All Turns Out Great by Re: Plus, Fly Me To The Moon (Climax Mix) from Bayonetta, I Love You by 2NE1, and anything Spice Girls that's pretty up there for me.

So I just can't pick one. I'm indecisive. xD

It's super-old (1992 I think) and it has literally been on my playlist since I first heard it back around that time so I figure if it's survived this long it must be my top song. It still never fails to make me smile cause the video is ridiculous.

Probably have to go with Dreams of an Absolution by Lee Brotherton, Silver the Hedgehog's theme from Sonic 2006. Silver as a character really resonated with me - still does, I admire his stubborn optimism and how he always tries to move forward - and that probably helped his song become such a favorite for me. I'd listen to it over and over in the sound test options back then. I wrote the lyrics out a lot of times too when I was bored or needed to distract myself, I really "felt" them.

I have pretty much every official version of the song downloaded lol. But the original is the most special to me since I feel like the entire sound of it fits the lyrics best, and it's the version I listened to many, many times on repeat when I was trying to cope with what was the worst night of my life and to try to distract me from thinking at the time. Unfortunately, that means the song is kind of a sad reminder of that time, but it also gives me a lot of happy memories of when I was so into Sonic 2006 and played it all the time along with my sisters. Things were so much simpler then... So it holds a lot of vastly different emotions and no other song comes close in that regard, so I'd have to say it is my favorite of all-time.

I think my favorite song is “Kid A” by Radiohead, because nothing else I’ve ever listened to has quite the same mood to it. It’s ambient, yet the drums are really complex, and the electronic manipulation on the vocals is spellbinding to me. All the lyrics on the entire album named after this song were drawn from a hat, so I can’t honestly say they’re too deep, but they are atmospheric and pretty as hell.

If I wanted to pick a favorite song more based on lyrics, some songs I’d single out are: “Suzanne” by Leonard Cohen; “Do You Realize?” by the Flaming Lips; “Girl in the Slayer Jacket” by Pig Destroyer; and “Up My Sleeves” by Death Grips.

"The Mary Ellen Carter" and "Tomorrow is a Highway" are up there, but the top spot definitely goes to "Singing Through the Hard Times" by Utah Phillips.

I love a great many songs, but I think the title of all time favourite has to go to Brave Heart, sung by the late Kouji Wada, the theme of evolution from Digimon Adventure.

The song itself sounds magnificent, and when you translate the lyrics it's a song about just moving forward and becoming stronger for the ones you love. The major nostalgia factor just radiating from the concept of Digimon Adventure probably helps majorly too.

@Lone_Garurumon Brave Heart was actually performed by Ayumi Miyazaki, who was also the man who brought us Break Up, Beat Hit, The Last Element, and the final third of We Are Xros Heart Ver. X7.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUgx20ryxmg

My favorite song is ALSO from Digimon, but it's from Tamers. EVO is such a good song. I would kill for a Tamers sequel if it had a new and improved version of this song.

@Lone_Garurumon Brave Heart was actually performed by Ayumi Miyazaki, who was also the man who brought us Break Up, Beat Hit, The Last Element, and the final third of We Are Xros Heart Ver. X7.
Really now? I must say I'm surprised I didn't know that.

Hotel California by Eagles.

It's a rather odd choice for someone my age and stuff (at least that's something I hear often). I have some sort of connection to it, though. Me and my dad often sit on our balcony in summer during sunsets and listen to music. I've always been very close to my father and it's a song that reminds me a lot of him. It also reminds me of summer, which is my favourite season, and it's nice to have something to remind me of it during our long winters.

It was also the first song I learned on guitar on my very own. The intro was a pain to learn, and it took a lot of time to actually figure it out, but it's something I take pride in.

I also love the song in general, lol. im a sap dont mind me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom