• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Is Your Least Favorite Shiny Pokemon?

Bubbs

Reaction score
This is a thread to talk about our least favorite shiny Pokémon.

I dislike all the puke colored shinies.

I dislike shinies that look way too similar to the normal Pokémon.

I also dislike Buzzwole and Pheromosa's shiny forms.

I’m pretty sure all neon colored shiny palettes are cliche by now.... Buzzwole looks too much like the Hulk.

Nidoqueen, Dragonite, Weavile, Hydreigon, Moltres, Poliwrath, Flareon, pretty much all the Water types that are pink/purple when shiny (Sharpedo, Kingdra, Quagsire, Kyogre, the list goes on).

all the bugs (hate that type)

aside from that - the 'bright green' I hate by design
Ursaring, Dragonite...
my most favorite Pokemon of all.. yes I do hate the shiny coloring Espeon
(I wish it was pink instead of bright green)

yep, light purple to pink
so much better than bright green

eep, not for me, that 'bright blue' looks strange too

aside from them, the other shiny I kind of dislike - the ones where it looks almost same as its normal coloring - my 3rd favorite cat is guilty of this
(Persian)

Like Tactician Karina said, the ones that look barely distinguishable from their original colors. Garchomp's shiny is probably the worst for me.

There are quite a lot of colours that I just can't stand in shinies. Shiny Espeon, for example, is hideous. Shiny Dragonite too. I do think green looks good on Hydreigon because it contrasts quite good with the black in it still.

In terms of shinies I despise, I'm afraid I could go on and on.

-Pokemon that are almost solid off green. With enough accents of another color it can look better but too much neon green hurts my senses.
-Pokemon that look too much like their regular form when shiny.
-Look at the Nidoran male line's shinies. Look at Nidoran female and Nidorina. Now look at Nidoqueen. EVERYTHING WAS A GOOD PALLET SWAP OF THE OPPOSITE GENDER EXCEPT HER. THIS UPSETS ME SOMETHING FIERCE.

Pretty much anything that looks nearly identical to its normal coloring; Glaceon and Gengar in particular are examples that I feel are the worst offenders of this, especially the former.

Sadly, Shiny Mega Gengar is amongst my least favourite shinies despite me being a massive fan of everything else Gengar. White on this Ghost type? Am I the only one who feels that the bedsheet costume look is an incredibly cliché copoff or something? Keep it to Mimikyu please, at least there it's design-appropriate.

Sadly, Shiny Mega Gengar is amongst my least favourite shinies despite me being a massive fan of everything else Gengar. White on this Ghost type? Am I the only one who feels that the bedsheet costume look is an incredibly cliché copoff or something? Keep it to Mimikyu please, at least there it's design-appropriate.

They could just turn shiny Mega Gengar a deep black and purple and use the white on its shiny when not mega evolved. Sorry to disappoint you, but shiny regular Gengar doesn’t change much when it is shiny

Anything that is nuclear green, such as Ursaring, Espeon, and so on. Also, Mons that get a bad case of the magentas tend to be rather repulsive, especially if they're supposed to be "tough" looking like Sharpedo and M-Garchomp, though not as bad as the aforementioned nuke green ones. I often wonder why GF chose such bad colors for a number of shinies, as it can make good-looking Mons look bad, and already bad ones look worse. Ones like Greninja and Gyarados really got the good end of the deal, while others got... well... the not good end of it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom