• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Is Your Least Favorite Shiny Pokemon?

Although Muk itself isn't too bad, it's shiny looks like an Alolan Muk that's had all its colour drained out of it, and, yeah, green doesn't really suit Muk. I don't find shiny Natu or Xatu appealing either. They just seem to look over saturated in comparison to normal Natu and Xatu.
They're te only ones I can think of right now.

The ones that hardly change at all are at the top.

Shiny Rapidash in the main series game. Shiny Rapidash looks absolutely awesome in Pokemon Go because it's mane is a lighter more silver color. But it's normally just a dark gray color, which is so disappointing after Ponyta's amazing blue. It's not that bad of a shiny, until you realize it could have been so much better.

Shiny Magcargo is in a similar boat as Rapidash. It's not all that bad of a shiny, but then you look at it's pre-evo shiny and it's just like "You could have been so much greater"

Shiny Wishiwashi is pretty blah too. I don't like that yellowish tint to the whites.

The Primals and Mega Rayquaza. Individually, I think they actually look fine, but making all three of them all black just feels like a lazy way to make them seem "cooler" (to be clear, I don't think that was actually their mindset at the time, but it's how it comes off). Same for the Tapu. It's something that I think just works better in moderation - I love Mega Charizard X, for instance (and truth be told, I kinda wish they hadn't stepped on its toes by changing regular Shiny Charizard to be darker than they were in Gens 1-5, where they had usually been more of a purple color that gave them a unique sense of regality).

I don't think I've seen any one particular Shiny that stood out to me as outstandingly unappealing, but just to name one off the top of my head, I don't really like the color combination used for Shiny Blastoise.

Garchomp is the obvious choice, but I think Serperior is the worst because, in a vacuum without the knowledge of standard Garchomp, its shiny form still works as a design and color scheme. Serperior is just garish.

After playing Colosseum and XD with shiny Pokémon, I'll add the versions of those games to shinies I dislike. I think they took the word "shiny" to heart in these game...

Mismagius is such a cool Pokémon and it's shiny form completely ruins it. The Sneasel and Houndour lines don't look very good either. I also don't like the pink/purple versions of so many water types.

Probably shiny non-Primal Groudon atm

I also don't like shiny Blastoise, Vaporeon, Swampert, or Kyogre

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom