• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favorite thing about the GTS? (Gen VI and VII)

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
Title says it all.
For me, it happened yesterday (in AS)
I’m searching for this Jirachi on the GTS, I tried to find a Jirachi and then I see a bunch of icons that are either bald or have half their icon heads cut off or whatever and cursed text (glitch text or smthn) and the Pokémon gender is “Quit the GTS” or “Back”
Then I saw someone wanted an Eevee so I said “okay” and I had an Eevee in my PC Box, I was willing to trade it, but then my game freezes
I no longer want to get on the GTS in the Gen 6 games because of that and thank Arceus my save wasn’t deleted (that would’ve been much worse)
I tried out the GTS in Gen 7 last year and it has worked pretty well, aside from getting the usual “shiny when you wanted a normal colored tepig” starter when I tried to find a Tepig in the game (I still have it though along with a shiny Litten and a shiny Eevee the dude who traded with me sent and a shiny Glaceon, none of which I think is glitched in any way)

Anyway, with all that said, what is your least favorite thing (or the thing you hate) about the GTS in these games? (And likely the two other generations as well but I only mentioned 6 and 7 since I’m more familiar with them)

I've not used the GTS for the 3DS games in years, but during the heyday, I've ended up finding blatantly hacked Pokémon or trade quests for Pokémon with impossible genders (especially Gallade). And then there's several cases where Pokémon have nicknames containing spoilers from popular movies in cinemas at the time of the trades (such as the deaths of Han Solo and Gamora in The Force Awakens and Avengers: Infinity War, respectively).

Also, the usual impossible, unfair, and greed trade requests that has been a plague in the GTS since the beginning and remains so in HOME.

I've not used the GTS for the 3DS games in years, but during the heyday, I've ended up finding blatantly hacked Pokémon or trade quests for Pokémon with impossible genders (especially Gallade). And then there's several cases where Pokémon have nicknames containing spoilers from popular movies in cinemas at the time of the trades (such as the deaths of Han Solo and Gamora in The Force Awakens and Avengers: Infinity War, respectively).
Wait what? I haven’t seen those Pokémon yet. I bet Gallade has an impossible gender of “Quit the GTS” or something, I’ve seen lots of those.
Also, the usual impossible, unfair, and greed trade requests that has been a plague in the GTS since the beginning and remains so in HOME.
It’s in HOME? How?

Last year, I wonder traded in Shield and got this Level 100 Shiny Guzzlord (still in my PC Box as of today) and its OT had a link in it. I also got a shiny Cufant from a website called Cufant .org
Then there are the GTS Pokémon in Gen 7 I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Reviving it to mention I have a friend who I gave OR to (Pokémon were Banked to AS and data is deleted before I gave it away) and I think in that, she traded one of her Pokemon for one that had a link as either a nickname or its OT name, don’t know which one that was, I’ll have to ask her.

Hacked profiles that crash the game whenever I scroll past them
You also? Do they say stuff like “Quit the GTS or End”?
Not too much of a problem since I only went on the GTS when completing the Alola dex, and even then I only deposited
Oh, I did the same thing… Last year, I attempted to get on someone’s GTS stream to no success.
I did get on a stream, but it was last month, and three at near midnight. The last was an ACNH one.
I got on a “Treasure Island” stream. To make sure nobody found out what my MC really looks like, I disguised MC (I went from my self before the late June 2021 crisis—that’s another story—to Champion of Hoenn), then I got on the stream to collected lots of gold (like 13 or more, idk), and other things (And I made a friend there) then I went to my own town, sold all the gold, got rich, and paid off house loans (I did lots of time jumping) left and right.

Do they say stuff like “Quit the GTS or End”?
Usually they do, I've heard. Interesting this is the case now, as when the games were modern and new this definitely was not the case (though the unfair requests still existed quite frequently) it has, from what I heard, only gotten worse.

I have heard that people often do impossible trades (like a Zekrom level 9 or below or something) just to show off their Pokemon. In my experience it's better to put up a Pokemon and ask for a fair trade and hope you get a legit mon in response rather than hunt yourself. Decent trades often go quick. There's every chance you will receive a hacked mon ofc, but it's better than risking a game crash looking since that's a thing these days.

Usually they do, I've heard. Interesting this is the case now, as when the games were modern and new this definitely was not the case (though the unfair requests still existed quite frequently) it has, from what I heard, only gotten worse.
I remember my game crashing in 2018 on GTS (this was ORAS, I did a lot of online trading back in the day, and I still have those ‘mons)
I have heard that people often do impossible trades (like a Zekrom level 9 or below or something) just to show off their Pokemon. In my experience it's better to put up a Pokemon and ask for a fair trade and hope you get a legit mon in response rather than hunt yourself. Decent trades often go quick. There's every chance you will receive a hacked mon ofc, but it's better than risking a game crash looking since that's a thing these days.
Aaaaand that Zekrom could be hacked (but at the same time baby Zekrom)

New games and expansions, and debuts and events in GO, can change the flow of what the current greed request is in HOME. At the moment, demands for Pharaoh Trim Furfrou and Bloodmoon Ursaluna are at the top of the non-Legendary list.

But the main frustration remains with the impossible demands that should've been fixed by now. There's requests for Galarian Ponyta coming from Hisui, Paldean Wooper coming from Sinnoh, etc. There's also growing requests for female Terapagos and Bloodmoon Ursaluna, even though the ones catchable in SV are programmed to always be male, so they'll be stuck waiting until at least their GO debut.

Back
Top Bottom