• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favorite trainer class to battle against?

That would be Breeders, which are my personal least favorite because they often have hordes of baby Pokemon that don't give off any good amount of EXP.
Yes, although you're thinking of the the Pokemon Breeder class. But yes, the mechanic exists in the same games.

Oh yeah, breeders. Screw the gen V breeders.

People really hate the Gen V Breeders? I'll give you that for BW, but B2W2 made them the perfect level grinding fodder when I lost patience with waiting for Audino. Pokémon Breeder Magnolia on Route 11 became my personal punching bag.

People really hate the Gen V Breeders? I'll give you that for BW, but B2W2 made them the perfect level grinding fodder when I lost patience with waiting for Audino. Pokémon Breeder Magnolia on Route 11 became my personal punching bag.
Your punching bag comment made me laugh!

I agree though that they are nice ways to train Pokemon quickly. Recently, I grinded the Breeder near Mistralton to help my Electabuzz and Braviary get ready for for Skyla. I still see why people view them as annoying though. Sometimes you just want speed through a route on your bike without having to battle.

Add me to the list of Fishermen haters. Especially the ones with more than 2 Magikarps. I also don't like Swimmers IDK why they bother me so much.

Breeders and Pokefans are also annoying with their baby pokemon, weak and dumb. Ugh

Breeders (in gen V) because you have to battle them everytime you pass by them -.-

Fishermen. Definitely Fishermen. It is a complete waste of my time to fight off 6 high level Magikarps and get next to no experience for it.

I also hate rich kids, because their Pokémon are under-leveled enough that they're easy to beat, but leveled up enough so that it's hard to one-shot them, and then they show off their wealth by using full restores, causing the battle to drag on further than it needs to.

The funny thing is, that for annoying as they are, the 6 Magikarp Fisherman isn't actually all that common, or at least, the archetype isn't without nuance. These are the games in which this sort of Trainer can be found:

• Red, Blue, and Yellow
  • Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (except, this is a guy with only 1 Magikarp and 5 Gyarados; a considerable inversion of the concept)
  • FireRed & LeafGreen (obviously just imported from the originals)
  • Diamond & Pearl (these games sort of have two instances: there is a straight-up 6 Magikarp Trainer, but also a 4-Magikarp-and-1-Gyarados Trainer, if you're inclined to count that)
  • Platinum (counted separately because it replaces the 4-Magikarp-and-1-Gyarados Trainer with a 4-Remoraid-and-1-Gyarados Trainer, so your mileage may vary)
  • HeartGold & SoulSilver (technically, this guy only has 3 Magikarp by default, but he adds more in rematches - so you have to go out of your way to be annoyed here)
  • Black & White (in the post-game)
  • Black 2 & White 2 (in the post-game)
  • X & Y
  • Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! (obviously just imported from the originals)

That being said, there are still plenty of Fishermen that use only 3 or 4 Magikarp, which can certainly still be annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom