• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favourite elemental type?

What is your least favourite elemental type?

• Total voters
I can easily narrow my least favourite types down to Ghost, Poison, Bug, and Grass. Imo, ghost is one of the most useless types of all because it's only super effective to itself/ghost and psychic (just like Dark). My main complaint is that the dark type does the same exact thing as ghost, but Dark just does it better. And the only good thing about poison is the poison status condition. Grass just has too many weaknesses. I have actually believed for a while that Grass' poison weakness should be removed and given to water to even out the weakness of starters a little more. That's my other complaint about poison, it should have more than one advantage. Maybe Fighting and Water would work? They both have few weaknesses and they make sense to me.

It's got to be Poison, it's weak against so many powerful types like Psychic and Ground, as is super effective only against Grass. The only Poison type out of 649 Pokemon that is any good is Gengar and he's mainly Ghost.

I also gave a vote to Steel because I'm impatient and it takes ages to KO them and it takes ages to KO my oppenent if I'm using one.

Normal, it's strong against nothing, and most of the moves aren't eventht good or useful.

How can Poison be winning the poll? It rules! Steel is the worst, so boring to use.

How can Poison be winning the poll?

Poison is the worse offensive typing in the game and the constant annoyance of being poisoned in-game doesn't help. The reputation of Poison types being depicted as bad guys in varies media doesn't help ether, but that's a different story. The only saving grace is that Poison is a decent defensive typing, especially with the small niche of removing Toxic Spikes.

Still, I pick Poison as the worse typing in the game.

Normal, because no one is weak against them, yet they have a weakness.

I'm kinda surprised actually at the normal hatred. Having a "non elemental" character is pretty common in video games, especially one that pretty much does neutral damage to everything.

Though I've never figured out myself why it's weak to fighting.

I chose Normal, Poison and Ghost because they are the ones I use the least. I do like the idea of having a Normal type Pokémon because they can learn a lot of different types of by TM and Move Tutor but I do prefer to receive STAB for my party. Ghost is the least common type of Pokémon and was an annoying type in generation I because there were only 3 Ghost type moves and Pokémon each with the Pokémon being in the same evolutionary line. Poison is the least super effective type. I have used Pokémon of all these 3 types but they are my least favourite types.

Psychic, because I always seem to lose battles when I have a Psychic type on my team (unless it's Victini. But I suppose Victini is the Victory Pokémon).

Mine's Ground, not because I don't like the design of all Ground types, I've just never connected with them. Add the fact that I usually use electric types, and I have a reason to be very annoyed by them. Second comes Rock, because I love to use flying types, and so Rock types get very annoying for my team and I.

Poison, Normal, and Bug.
Poison is useless for anything but an annoyer, Normal isn't super effective against anything, and Bug is about as weak as you can get.

It saddens me that Poison has won this poll so easily, and yet I can't be angry with none of the users who voted for it. Mediocre defensively and outclassed by every other type in the game offensively, its only saving grace is that it can't be poisoned itself (which, really, isn't all that great of a feat anyway with Steels being as popular as they are.) And Poison-type Pokemon are usually some of the better designed Pokemon each gen too (of course with the exception of a few). Couple that with GF bestowing upon PSN types crappy BSTs or crappy stat distribution, and it's a wonder why anyone uses these Pokemon.

As for my least favorite type, its easily Psychic, and my dislike stems mostly from Gen 1 when they were literally unstoppable. I still like them as Pokemon, but I will never catch nor raise one save if it's a legendary.

I hate Electric with a passion. They're so annoying I've vowed never to raise one.

I would say Poison, but Gengar exists so probably normal due to the complete competitive uselessness of it.

Normal and Ground.

Normal because it's... normal. It just doesn't seem right to be with the diverse types like Dragon and Fire and all that.
Ground because really, it's the same as Rock. It's not too exciting, either.

Personally, I've never been that much of a fan of Grass. There's pretty much nothing it can do that other, more prevalent types (Water, Electric) can't do, and then there's the fact that it didn't really have one of those strong, high-power, high-accuracy moves until Energy Ball, and even then there's not a whole lot of powerhouses (at least none off the top of my head) that can take advantage of it, except maybe Sceptile. But really, the whole "other types can do it better" argument is really my main reason for disliking Grass.

Rock. I just never liked it that much. But without it we wouldn't have our glorious Stealth Rock. So it's a love-hate thing I guess.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom