• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favourite elemental type?

What is your least favourite elemental type?

• Total voters
I don't really like Rock, Ground, or Bug. I don't know why, but every pokemon I've had that's been one of those types has never been strong....

Bug types are super strong. Heracross, Scizor, and Volcarona? C'mon guys.

Grass types are awesome. The first 3 pokemon ever are grass? Grass type pokemon are needed in the Pokemon world without a doubt.

I think dark types are just plain annoying. They represent the evil Pokemon like the way poison did in first gen. Just because team rocket and other evil people prefer dark types. Scraggy is based on a thug, etc. Plus, they're way too annoying.

Perhaps fighting and fire, because they're mostly suicidal, destructive and frail- and I just hate these three things together, as the best defense ISN'T a good offense. Also, fire-types are extremely overrated for no reason other than supposed coolness. I hate fighting far less though, as there are quite a few fighting types with respectable defenses and liking it or not, you'll have to put a fighting-type in your team one day or another.

I dislike Steel and Dark. The former because i don't feel there's enough of them (save legendaries) (though there are good ones like Scizor) and I hate battling them, while Darks (and ghost and psychic) I generally hate because I always forget which one's supereffective against which. And of course Dark isn't effective against fighting which i don't understand.

a- freakin men anyways i especially dislike psychic because theyre tricky little punks lol

Normal and Ground.

Normal because it's... normal. It just doesn't seem right to be with the diverse types like Dragon and Fire and all that.
Ground because really, it's the same as Rock. It's not too exciting, either.
Normal...yeah, I gotta admit it's too plain vanilla for me. It's not that I don't like the type at all--there are some really cool Normal types out there--I just happen to find something out there that's better. It's the same with Ice, too. I like a good number of Ice types, but I find a Water Pokemon that can do the exact same things so I don't have a chance to use an Ice type.

Ground, I use to outright dislike, if not hate. It was the same with Ghosts. But then things changed and changed drastically. I actually love them both now and I owe that to a pair of "dirt-mechs", if you will.

Eletric, Normal, Dark and Dragon.
I usually don't like the designs and moves of this types.

By the way, bug/pscychic/ghost are the best, imo ^^

Grass and Bug. There's some good Pokémon, but mostly feeble moves and typing. Most of the designs are either horrid or plain.

Next would probably be Ground. Why are Rock and Ground two seperate types?

Poison types. I have never had any real use for them in my arsenal, and they are only super-effective against one type: Grass. And even then it's sketchy, because there are a lot of Grass/Poison Pokemon out there. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the Poison moves, just not the type.

Poison. That's it for me. Why? Very low effectiveness, and every other worthwhile Pokemon has access to Toxic. No real point any more.

As for those of you who don't like Steel or Dark Pokemon, it's apparent to me you obviously do not see their true beauty and power! ;)

As for those of you who don't like Steel or Dark Pokemon, it's apparent to me you obviously do not see their true beauty and power! ;)

But their true beauty and power is the reason why they dislike them and only nerf the Psychic types unfairly when they were never that overpowered in the first place.

Normal. I mean, it's okay, but the concept is really boring. "Oh, look at my wonderful NORMAL-type Pokemon." Yawn. :p

But their true beauty and power is the reason why they dislike them and only nerf the Psychic types unfairly when they were never that overpowered in the first place.

Unfairly? Remember, in the context, Psychic types were untouchable Gen I. Don't even say Alakazam had low defenses so it balanced out or anything. And excepting Misdreavus, all Ghost-types had a problem against Psychic through Gen II. Steel and Dark were made for the express purpose of dampening the power of Psychics. The developers making a game unfair on purpose? I think not! But anyway, Steel-types typically have great stats in one area or another or more, and have dynamic movepools coupled with great resistances. Dark-types? Up until recently, they have gotten the bad rap, honestly. Faint Attack and Crunch were the sum total of their existence. And then they've been getting better, along with some of the coolest designs in the game.

Unfairly? Remember, in the context, Psychic types were untouchable Gen I. Don't even say Alakazam had low defenses so it balanced out or anything. And excepting Misdreavus, all Ghost-types had a problem against Psychic through Gen II. Steel and Dark were made for the express purpose of dampening the power of Psychics. The developers making a game unfair on purpose? I think not! But anyway, Steel-types typically have great stats in one area or another or more, and have dynamic movepools coupled with great resistances. Dark-types? Up until recently, they have gotten the bad rap, honestly. Faint Attack and Crunch were the sum total of their existence. And then they've been getting better, along with some of the coolest designs in the game.

They were untouchable because of the game-breaking glitches and the lack of diversity of ghost types and bug moves. Slowbro, Starmie, Exeggutor, and Jynx have numerous weaknesses, and Hypno and Mr. Mime were all that great. Only Alakazam, Mewtwo, and Mew were considered broken. All Steel did was not only nerf Psychic types, but also outclassing rock types, just like how water has outclassed ice types.

Just how Dragon outclassed everything, even in Gen I, you mean? I mean, they gave Lance, the strongest of the Elites, Dragons for a reason.

Honestly, Steel did a great job in bringing STAB dragon OHKOs down just a bit once Gen II and onwards rolled around.

Ground.

I mean, the ground is made of rock. Why not just have a rock type and be done with it?

Dark and Psychic, which seem to be actually one of the most loved types. I've never liked too many Dark or Psychic Pokémon. Deino and it's evolutions are the only Dark-types I REALLY really like, Psychics are even harder. Though Psychic is an okay secondary type, I like Exeggutor, Solrock and Lunatone a lot for an example. Dark and Psychic moves aren't for my taste either.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom