• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your most-used Pokémon?

Reaction score
I don't mean what your favorite Pokémon is (although that could easily be the case)--I'm asking which Pokémon you've battled with the most, whether it be in general gameplay, competitive, etc.

For instance, for me Venusaur and its pre-evoes take the top spot easily. Starting in XY, I've used them in pretty much every game to catch Pokémon, thanks to Sleep Powder. SwSh was when I starting dabbling in competitive, and for that I used Wobbuffet and Galarian Darmanitan. Those two were unstoppable--here's hoping they return in SV.

I used Zeraora for a very long time in Ultra Moon before it was released here, and then I transferred it to Shield once I got HOME. But since I haven't used it (even though it still probably is the most used still) since, I'm not counting it. I use the funny story shiny Alpha Lucario I found while literally shiny hunting Riolu but running into a Machop instead. Since, I've sent it to Scarlet and now a have a Former Alpha Mark shiny Lucario that I take with me to terrorize w/ autobattles :)

like a few other people, crobat almost always makes its way onto my teams. what can i say, it's super cute and super versatile.
i use garchomp a lot too. i genuinely am not sure WHY, maybe it's a subconscious thing. it's not even my favorite pseudo.
i also tend to have either gardevoir or gallade. depends on whether i catch a female or male ralts first.

I generally use a variety of Pokemon for each playthrough of a new installment or in a replay, but I think the closest one for me would be Umbreon; I usually try to get an Eevee if/when I can so I can evolve it into my favorite eeveelution. Lucario is another closest one I can think of since gen IV, he usually comes in clutch for me when I have him in my team, plus he has a really nice/cool design that he's sometimes a must have for me.

Glameow/Purugly would be ones I'd use constantly but unfortunately, majority of the later installments require trade or Bank, and I really don't like doing that much, if at all. So whenever I replay Pearl, Shining Pearl, or Legends, Glameow/Purugly is a guarantee party member.

For me, it's probably Gardevoir. It appears in a number of games so it's easy to find. It's a pretty solid Psychic type that doesn't require you to jump through hoops like the Abra line does, it's got a diverse movepool, which has only gotten bigger over time, giving it good options, its Mega Evo is pretty solid (though I wish it'd trade the Attack boost for a Defense one, since Attack is largely useless on it), and once it gained the Fairy type it became even better. If I'm looking for a Psychic and/or Fairy type Gardevoir tends to be my go-to. I even had one planned to be the main partner for a protag for a now defunct story idea a long time ago (though I do admit the idea still tempts me). And no, I like it not because of the furry bait stuff (not my cup of tea) but because Gardevoir has been a reliable Mon for me to use in various playthroughs it's available. In more recent years I've been trying to branch out more with different Psychic and/or Fairy Mons, but Gardevoir tends to be a go-to choice when I'm unable to find/think of a better option.

With the exceptions of my teams in White and Black 2, I've used an Espeon in every game I've played starting with SoulSilver.

Granted, for me, that just means I've had an Espeon in SoulSilver, Y, and Moon since I haven't played any of the ones since and I ended up skipping ORAS lol.

(Also have an Espeon on my team in my current playthrough of Crystal too)

With the exceptions of my teams in White and Black 2, I've used an Espeon in every game I've played starting with SoulSilver.

Granted, for me, that just means I've had an Espeon in SoulSilver, Y, and Moon since I haven't played any of the ones since and I ended up skipping ORAS lol.

(Also have an Espeon on my team in my current playthrough of Crystal too)
Pokemon Black and White are usually the only games where someone doesn't use their favorite mons on their playthrough team at least once

Pokemon Black and White are usually the only games where someone doesn't use their favorite mons on their playthrough team at least once
Actually, I have a bunch of favorites from Black and White that I usually end up using whenever I would do a playthrough of the Unova games. Scrafty, Krookodile, Galvantula, just to name a few.

I’ve only rlly played bdsp swsh and scvi not that much compared to a lot of ppl here but I’ve used Altaria like 2/3 of the times so I guess that’s my most used

Well... its generally 2.

Glalie, which is my number 1 favorite Pokemon and Talonflame, which is also in my top 5 and amazing.

And with most used i mean that i don't use them in my first 3 playthroughs of a game, especially if its a new entry with new Pokemon, since i want to experience them all, but i never skip them in my other playthroughs i do.

I have an overwhelming compulsion to use Vileplume whenever it's available.

It kind of sucks when a new gen pops up and there's so many new Pokemon I want on my team; I end up with 5 other members to add to my team instead of 6, because ofc the lil weird radish is taking up a slot by default.

My fault, but ehh :bulbaLol:

Overall? Audino, Rayquaza, and Gyarados at this point, in no particular order.

Everywhere. In main series games, in spinoffs, on Showdown.

Back
Top Bottom