• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your opinion on Ash releasing Pokemon?

What is your opinion on Ash releasing his Pokemon?

• Total voters
I really don't care what he does, if they have a reason to leave then they should go.

Oak's lab is like a double edged sword, sure we may see the pokemon again, but that don't mean it'll get used, and that's no different from a release, because just seeing a pokemon again isn't enough, it has to be used for it to matter.

In a way, that's also why I am deathly afraid of giving away or throwing away even worthless things, since even worthless things count as something to be remembered in my book.

Not to sound rude, man, but..ever heard of this?

Collectoing eveery single Pokémon in the world may be one of the goals in the games, but, when you look at it, it´s just a cruel thing to do. My boxes are FULL of Pokémon I never even had in my party ONCE. The anime, while never moving onto the ground of "catching every Pokémon out there" ( at least in its original version) has the various places characters "dump" their Pokémon onto, which is just as good as boxes in the games when you think ouf it.

Takeshi never recalled any of his Pokémon and a fair share of Satoshi´s Pokémon like the Jotho bunch still need a chance to reappear since Jotho.

This may be the reason why I aren´t against releasing Pokémon to the fullest degree. I just don´t like it when Pokémon leave their trainer before their region´s time is over.

Glion will probably never have a chance to participate in the Sinnoh league or the last gym while it only had 2 gym battles ( one of which was rather short) in total.

I was never against the Kanto releases by the way, but just because of ...well..Kanto bias. I never really liked any form of Butterfree in the anime or games, same is true for Primeape ( and it wasn´t on the cast for many episodes either),...but releasing an established member when it finally gets strong and a chance to shine is just..I don´t know.

Short version: Release episodes tend to be awesome tearjerkers and are welcome to me, but releases should be at the right time ( for me, when the Pokémon is too long on the cast, like Docale or when its "saga" is over, like after the league).

I think some of the fans bitch way to damn much about Ash releasing his Pokemon because that its how the show works, MistyBrockAsh, Gliscor its a she not a he.

Gliscor was going to leave sooner or later and Ash its not going to get it back either since the old man have Gliscor's Pokeball , atleast Gible its better for Ash and his Sinnoh team, since Ash will be training Gible to get stronger and to evolve and their its nothing wrong with Ash releasing his Pokemon because he no's what's best for them.

The only Pokemon i didnt like Ash releasing was Pidgeot even thought it was a good reason i reckon he would've done better with it.

I think some of the fans bitch way to damn much about Ash releasing his Pokemon because that its how the show works, MistyBrockAsh, Gliscor its a she not a he.

Gliscor was going to leave sooner or later and Ash its not going to get it back either since the old man have Gliscor's Pokeball , atleast Gible its better for Ash and his Sinnoh team, since Ash will be training Gible to get stronger and to evolve and their its nothing wrong with Ash releasing his Pokemon because he no's what's best for them.

Glisor's gender hasn't been confirmed yet.

Also Glisor has been "Sent to train". IMO That's different to releasing. It gives the chance for it to come back.

Glisor's gender hasn't been confirmed yet.

Also Glisor has been "Sent to train". IMO That's different to releasing. It gives the chance for it to come back.

Just like Charizard.

I don't see what the fuss is about. Ash lets pokemon go becasue he dosn't want to keep them in captivity if he's not using them. Even though I wouldn't let a pokemon go, I can see why he does it.

On some occasions, "being sent to train", is the same as releasing, as we haven't seen Primeape in ages.
But it kind of annoys me. I never release any of my Pokémon, I don't really see the point in it. If the anime peoples want to add a new member to Ash's team, just send one of them to Professor Oak. He just met him a few episodes ago, he could have given Gliscor to him then. It's pointless to release them.
It saddens me when a Pokémon that's been in the anime for ages leaves, as it's familiar to you. I'm surprised by how much I miss Jessie's Dustox.

On some occasions, "being sent to train", is the same as releasing, as we haven't seen Primeape in ages.
But it kind of annoys me. I never release any of my Pokémon, I don't really see the point in it. If the anime peoples want to add a new member to Ash's team, just send one of them to Professor Oak. He just met him a few episodes ago, he could have given Gliscor to him then. It's pointless to release them.
It saddens me when a Pokémon that's been in the anime for ages leaves, as it's familiar to you. I'm surprised by how much I miss Jessie's Dustox.

Primeape has probably been forgotten about. I doubt we will ever see him again.

Primeape has probably been forgotten about. I doubt we will ever see him again.

His capture was pointless, though. He only appeared in the episode he was caught in and the episode he was "sent away for training."

I went with "Depends on the situation, but leaning toward dislike" because I understand that the fact that's he's willing to let them go is supposed to be a sign of selflessness (and perhaps emotional to the viewer), but it can just be annoying when your favorite Pokemon are being tossed out left and right.

I went with "Depends on the situation, but leaning toward dislike" because I understand that the fact that's he's willing to let them go is supposed to be a sign of selflessness (and perhaps emotional to the viewer), but it can just be annoying when your favorite Pokemon are being tossed out left and right.

The key word the is "Your", not "His", favourite pokemon. Ash has different tastes.

The key word the is "Your", not "His", favourite pokemon. Ash has different tastes.

Nevertheless, I think most people enjoy it when their favorite Pokemon have screen time. And, as far as I can recall, I don't believe Ash ditched any Pokemon because he doesn't like him (and therefore has "different tastes" than us), he is just doing it for their benefit. =|

Nevertheless, I think most people enjoy it when their favorite Pokemon have screen time. And, as far as I can recall, I don't believe Ash ditched any Pokemon because he doesn't like him (and therefore has "different tastes" than us), he is just doing it for their benefit. =|

Exactly. Even though I want to see Pokemon like Snorlax and Bulbasaur again, even though they haven't actually been released, I can tell why Ash dosen't use them.

Exactly. Even though I want to see Pokemon like Snorlax and Bulbasaur again, even though they haven't actually been released, I can tell why Ash dosen't use them.

Those two actually get used quite a bit more than some of Ash's older Pokemon.

When a new region begins Ash doesn't use any older Pokemon till after the league.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom