• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your opinion on the Horizons anime so far?

I don't have a problem with any adult RVT member, except Ludlow.

For a series that pushes "relatability" to the max that it insists too much on its nature (especially with Liko), Ludlow doesn't look like, to me, an "actual character". Most of the time he speaks, he uses proverbs/haiku (on top of that, his proverbs/haiku aren't even funny, I find even Mollie funny when she talks Friede down). Do Japanese old men actually do that a lot? Because, otherwise, he looks like far more a philosophical stereotype than a character.

Last edited:
I wish for this series to use more themes in pokemon battles, but it seems we are stuck with the same tunes.

Really hate it. Voice acting is loud and irritating - can't stand hearing it. Plots are dumb and each episode makes me like it less. I thought I could watch anything Pokemon but I was wrong. Horizons is just bad.

Really hate it. Voice acting is loud and irritating - can't stand hearing it. Plots are dumb and each episode makes me like it less. I thought I could watch anything Pokemon but I was wrong. Horizons is just bad.
Are you referring to the voice acting in the dub? I haven’t been able to tolerate the dub in years.

I suck at saying my opinons about things but I have concluded this thread needs at least a FEW more positive opinions, so uh...

I enjoy it, easily one of my favorite Pokemon Series. Haven't felt like skipping any episodes yet and the only other time this happened was XY. For all the other series I kinda started skipping through episodes by this point
(To be fair to gen 1-4, that might of just been because I was binging the entirety of the anime. I also binged Gen 5 but uh, yeah my boredom there was for other reasons)

Was never personally bothered by the Friede stuff, 90% of his apperences were situations the kids had no chance of dealing with on their own. For example without friede (Or arboliva that one time) they would like... not be able to encounter the explorers at all, because they would be beaten, have terapagos stolen and, oops they lost! End of series, sorry gang. They were only saved against Sango and Onyx because they were more focused on Rayquaza at the time.

Helps that they seem to be rectifying that with this newest arc. Thanks to Gym Battles not having major concequences if the kids lose. (Although I don't think they will anyways).

I also enjoy Liko as a character, and have no issues with the fact that not everything is solved through combat (I.E: The legendary Heroes... other than Rayquaza, Rayquaza has to be solved through combat). Dot, Friede, and the rest of the RVT are also fun. Roy... I don't hate him, but ive also seen enough characters like him that I'm not too invested in him either.

Anyways, have a tier list of every episode!
1712269385567.png

Some fans say that Horizons break gender stereotypes, but I can only recall of Orla being indeed a mechanic. The caretaker is a female nurse and the one who cooks is male, but all characters who cook for the main characters have been male too (while Mallow is a cook, she seldom cooks for Ash or her classmates; Ash generally eats dishes cooked by Kukui). Having a taller girl character than the boy character isn't novelty at all, as Misty is taller than Ash. I'm saying it again, but with Liko, they're not breaking gender stereotypes at all, if anything, they're reinforcing them.

To me, they insist too much on Liko's supposed relatableness that it feels unnatural and she comes off to me as the least interesting character from the series, which is a problem as she's the MC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom