• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your predominant cooking style?

Drakon

Requiem Raver
Reaction score
Just as the topic says, why is your predominant style of cooking? Indian, Classic American, Mexican or any others?

-----------------------------------------

I do not have a predominant cooking style as I use cooking styles and spices from around the world.

For instance my pasta sauce starts with a tomato base (much like any Italian pasta sauce) uses long pepper (an African spice) along with cumin, mustard seed and coriander seed (toasted in a hot pan, characteristic of Indian cuisine).

However, my family is does predominantly Cantonese style cooking. But my mother has made Japanese style soba, Korean style clay pot rice, Chesapeake Bay crabcakes, Spanish paella and Indian yellow curry.

It has to be a mix of Italian, Greek and Mexican for the base, and then an entire improvisation fest for the rest. I just can't deal with pre-chosen recipes that come straight from someone, so it usually is a trial and error thing. When I say usually I mean rarely, I'd maybe go through 1 revision before getting where I want flavor and quality wise.

mexican because it's so easy but i'd love to master italian because it's my favourite food :) tomatoes, olives, cheese :D nomnomnom

Most of the food I make is Italian or French based.

Whatever happens to be lying around, mostly. Although that can lead to some awesome things (pork roast, applesauce, quinoa, and apple soda combine to make an AWESOME entree).

My mother (RIP) always taught me how to make amazing Mexican food. But she did give me some tips on how to make easy Italian food and just anything else.

My cooking style is a bastardization of the cuisine I'm trying to make. Especially when I just improvise and don't follow recipes.

Japanese and Hawaiian.(Which is pretty much Japanese. With Spam. Can't forget the Spam.)

A cook a lot of classical French dishes that have been passed down through the family.

Italian, definitely. Simple flavors, classic combinations, delicious outcomes. Can't resist it at all.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom