• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your signature pokemon/pokemon team?

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
We all have our different teams from different regions. Heck, some of us even plan them out ahead of time. But there will always be constants. Pokemon/teams that you look back on and say "That's my Pokemon/Team" no matter how many games you go through. So what's yours?

Mine personally, Blaziken. Always Blaziken. I can't name how many times I've tapped my wrist out loud shouted "Blaziken, Mega Evolve!" In real life.

Raichu... It’s my favourite Pokemon and one of the first I ever saw, and ever since I was younger I wanted to get one as a starter or evolve a Pikachu starter. I always envisioned my travels like Ash but Pikachu replaced by Raichu.

My first exposure to the franchise was with the Sinnoh anime at around the age of 10. I absolutely fell in love with Sinnoh Pokemon like Infernape, Torterra and Staraptor: which would be in my top 10 favourites.

I used to enact throwing Infernape and Staraptor’s Pokeballs in front of the TV and accidentally hurt my hand by slamming it on some cabinet doing so...

I’m glad that Pokemon Platinum was the first main series games I could play after hunting for emulators fairly recently: and I was able to get a fairly similar team! Pity I couldn’t get a Chimchar and Turtwig in the same game legitimately.

So, my “That’s my Pokemon” feeling is whenever I see Raichu; Infernape, Staraptor and a few other Pokemon I may have missed gushing about Sinnoh, which I might post about later.

Hmm... I would have to say Sobble as that is now my favorite Pokémon. I love Inteleon and Drizzile. Inteleon is so fun to use. I also like all Unova Pokémon so any of them would work too probably!

If I had to choose one, it would be Flareon. It's such a delicate fox that is usually shy and tender, but won't hesitate to use its thermal energy against bullies (including so-called Eeveelution fans). It reminds me of my dogs.

Second place is probably Porygon2. This innocent-looking virtual duck was designed to for space travel, only to initially be labeled a failure. I can't help but think that it might be misused, and what it should really do is simulate space in cyberspace, which even Porygon can navigate. Porygon2 deserves a hug above all.

I also really like Vileplume, Cubone line, Ninetales, Lapras, Mew, Chikorita line, Espeon, Ampharos, Blissey, Unown, Suicune, Ho-Oh, Celebi and Mimikyu.

My Pokémon Sword team is Inteleon, Bewear, Grimmsnarl, Noctowl, Galvantula, and Ferrothorn. It is probably one of the most powerful teams I have ever used. My most powerful is probably my team in UltraMoon with the most powerful Pokémon on that team being an Oricorio that I for some reason trained so that it was ridiculously strong.

My Platinum team was Infernape, Staraptor, and Espeon. I threw in Giratina and a mix of Gardevoir, Machamp, Lucario, and Togekiss.

I try to imitate characters' teams, too (for example, in FireRed, Charizard, Pikachu, Snorlax, Lapras, and Aerodactyl, with the Eevee I received in the game traded over to Emerald and evolved into Espeon, and in SoulSilver, Feraligatr, Gengar, Alakazam, Magneton, Gyarados, and Lugia).

Eevee and the Eeveelutions. I always get one and evolve it into one of the evolutions in every game it's available in. I think I use Espeon the most often, but I do often try to change it up. I just used Umbreon for the first time in SWSH so I've now used every Eeveelution in at least one playthough.

If I were an NPC trainer in a Pokemon game, probably a rival or some other important role, my team would most likely be:

Furret
Sylveon
Lucario
Luxray
Serperior
And Blaziken as my ace and partner with the ability to Mega Evolve.

It's a split between 2 Pokemon - Ditto, or Mudkip.
Ditto became one of my favorites after I experimented with a Ditto OC in a PMD RP. I honestly thought that a character who could change it's form to suit it's current situation would be very interesting.
However, Mudkip was and still is my favorite starter, and has been used for the personal OC I have and still use to this day. Having a Swampert who could Mega Evolve sounded great, and I thought that it would make me a very powerful trainer.

I pretty much always get Pikachu/Raichu because it was my first rare catch way back in Red (also because I like to have the mascot line around for good luck).

I also get a Metagross whenever possible but compared to the Pikachu line it's more likely that won't be an option.

Last edited:
There's a few Pokemon I am happy to use over and over again, but there's only two Pokemon I have actually used multiple times. Typhlosion and Ampharos are my two constants. They aren't even my favorite Pokemon either (well, they both were at some point. My favorite constantly changes).

Typhlosion was my very first Pokemon, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it. I've mentioned Piper, my very first Typhlosion, a few times. Her legend lived on and I have used her a the start of multiple playthroughs of the Johto games. My ex even gifted me one for my copy of Omega Ruby, for when we battled. I even bred that one to get a Cyndaquil to send to my new Pokemon X file so I could play through a game in 3D with one.

Then there's Ampharos. I actually didn't even really think of Ampharos till now, but I have used several of them, though I have only finished a game with 2 of them, with Jacinta the Third in Ultra Moon, and with Birthday in Pokemon X. I just really like this Pokemon. It's gotten me through many battles in game, and I think this is the Pokemon that my few Pokemon friends associated me with, seeing as I always brought Birthday to our battles and when I'd mega evolve I'd be like "Happy Birthday! Enjoy my murder sheep!"

Honorable mentions would be Dewgong, another Pokemon I have used a few times, and most cat Pokemon, since I love cat Pokemon so much.

Easy: Charizard, Pidgeot, Gyarados, Sceptile, Swampert, Salamence, Metagross and Samurott.

If I had a Pokemon team that I could stick with (thanks so much to Sword/Shield for removing most of these Pokemon), it'd probably go something like this:

Galarian Rapidash
Houndoom
Samurott
Zebstrika
Sawsbuck
Alolan Marowak

If not battling we could also throw in Cubone, Fletchling, Alolan Vulpix, Unown and also Zacian.

I have a lot of favorites that I'd consider signature Pokemon at this point. lol

I have always been using Raichu and Hawlucha since their introductions.

I wish Raichu got more love but the speed buff was pretty good for what he does (Fake Out/Encore). Raichu also compliments Hawlucha nicely in double battles thanks to lightning rod.

As far as my signature Pokémon goes, it's Arcanine (God, what a surprise RK. We really didn't know that). But I don't really use him every gen, only when I'm in Kanto or do stuff like nuzlockes or something.

As far as teams go, I only use Pokémon introduced in that gen or getting a gimmick in a gen (Like Charizard getting a Mega). Somehow, even during replays, I always drift back automatically to said teams, making it quite hard for me to use other mons.

I don't have a signature Pokemon. I mean I have favorites like Lucario, Raichu, Pangoro and many others that I've used on at least two of my teams, but I don't have any genuine ace Pokemon. I tend to just use Pokemon that have cool designs or some motif that appeals to me.

If it's not Stakataka (my favorite Pokémon), then it would have to be Feytality, my Shiinotic in my most recent Ultra Moon run. Boy came in clutch so many times. Never hit himself in confusion even once. Benched Ultra Necrozma like a champ.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom