• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your signature pokemon/pokemon team?

a few years ago i would always have gengar on my team. but now, i always try to use different pokemon. but i can say that i always have an ice and ghost type on my team !!!

For me it's less a single signature Pokémon and more a signature type (Fairy). That said, the few I always find myself wanting to use again and again are Ninetales, Togekiss, Milotic, and often Espeon too.

I don’t really have any signature Pokémon as I typically use Pokémon I haven’t used before nor do I have an ace as my team members are almost always the same level. I don’t have any Pokémon that I always have to have on my team.

However, if I was forced to pick my signature Pokémon, I’d have to say Flygon and Hydreigon as they’re one of the few Pokémon I’ve used more than once and are among my top favorites.

Golduck/Ampharos/Gardevoir. My standards for Johto/Hoenn and fan games.

I'd say mine is Samurott, because it's the first starter I picked in the first game I played, so it holds a special place in my heart.
Also, I named it Splashdown on my first playthrough, but I lost the cartridge. My new Samurott is called Mizuro :)

I can't say that I have a signature team aside from trying to have the maximum Grass-types that I can.
As far as signature Pkmn, at the moment mine is Roserade. For Generation III, my favorite game was LG and I developed a deep bond with my Venusaur and Victreebel and I never liked Roselia that much but I loved Roserade as soon as I laid my eyes on it and I loved Budew so after Sinnoh, is a Pkmn that I love and can rely on, to the point that I trained three of them to level 100 in HG and I have one in my AS playthrough, which is my first playthrough that I made with a full and only Grass-type.

I don't have any Pokémon I used more than once but if I was a character in any of the franchise's media I would have a Tepig that wouldn't evolve 'cause it's my favorite Pokémon but I don't like it's evolutions as much.

Mine is and will always be Kyurem and his fusions, even though there are others that had fun mechanics such as the Necrozma fusions.

Heck, I kept the same Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem from the Gen 5 games, and I will keep bringing them back.

I bought a used Black 2 in December and have been playing it ever since. To my surprise, a Whimsicott ended up being my ace and carrying my team many many times, especially in PWT. His name is Effui. Admittedly, Effui's role diminished a little after I got a (Prankster) Sableye from Curtis, but I still consider Effui the star of my team.

Outside of individual games, I guess my Gardevoir named Reini would qualify as my signature Pokemon since I've used her a lot and brought her all the way up from Emerald. My story headcanon, however, is that Alice (my trainer) uses a Fennekin named Fokko as her signature Pokemon like Ash and his Pikachu.

Typhlosion was my very first Pokemon, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it. I've mentioned Piper, my very first Typhlosion, a few times. Her legend lived on and I have used her a the start of multiple playthroughs of the Johto games. My ex even gifted me one for my copy of Omega Ruby, for when we battled. I even bred that one to get a Cyndaquil to send to my new Pokemon X file so I could play through a game in 3D with one.
This. Typhlosion was my starter, too, way back in the original Silver version, and remains the highest-leveled Pokémon I have ever trained. I wish I could have found a way to save him and continue using him to this day. But I suppose nothing lasts forever; not even cherished Pokémon.

Nevertheless, that first Typhlosion will live on in my heart, and any further Typhlosion that I raise down the line, I will raise in his name. It deeply saddens me that the Cyndaquil line has not made the cut in Sword and Shield thus far, but I'm holding out hope that they'll be patched in eventually, or else get their chance to shine in a future game.

Weirdly enough, the team I have as an avatar (Chesnaught, Sylveon, Chingling, Lanturn, Chandelure and Delibird). My Christmas-themed team. It is not the oldest, it is not the strongest, it is not the coolest. But I actually weeped when I saw the final scenes in Y as I became Champion with those six guys. And I love Christmas, plus Kalos is my favorite region. I think I actually got emotionally attached to this team. And that is saying something for fictional monsters made up of ones and zeroes.

As for one Pokemon over all, it would be either Mightyena or Alolan Ninetales. I would have one of those (or both) as my pet, plus I love dogs and canines.

As for my first ever Pokemon, it was a Venusaur back in Blue, and that is the only one I remember. The first time I ever played Pokemon, my first ever starter too. So I kind of think of it as a signature Pokemon even if I don't use it that often anymore.

Last edited:
I reallly don't have a signature Pokémon or Team. In Games, i think my signature is always stick with the initial partner. In true, usually, it is because the starter tends to be overleveled. Lol

Yet, i literally use only "sweepers" pokémon, because the games are more easy with they and it speed up the battles too. I love Gengar, and if it didn't evolve only by trade, I would always have one.

Although, how the player almost always gains an eevee in games, I could say that jolteon is my signature pokemon.

gg.jpg

Last edited:
A signature Pokemon? Well for me that's absolutely a Nidoking. It's certainly been my partner Pokemon for a long time as it's always found a way onto my teams in games it could since the days of Yellow. Definitely a Pokemon I'd always travel with, and use if I could.

As for a signature team? That's a bit hard, because it's not the easiest to only pick six but if I had to they would be.

Nidoking of course
Scizor
Milotic
Ambipom
Chandelure
Hawlucha

These are six of my absolute favorite Pokemon and ones where some of them can always find a way onto my team. If I were faced as a champion in one of the games this would be my team.

A general signature Pokémon is Arcanine. I don't bring it on every team/every game cause I think it's boring to just use the same Pokémon each and every time and I want to use new stuff, but if I were an actual trainer in the Pokémon World, I'd probably be known for my Arcanine.

That said, each time of mine has a 'Ace' up its sleeve, I guess. But that's mostly cause I have a really generic taste in Pokémon design and some are therefore really popular Pokémon that are stronk.

It's Vileplume for me. I've had a Vileplume in all of my main teams in all the games where it's available. My first level 100 Pokemon was a Vileplume, and I remember having a box filled entirely out of Oddish for no real reason when I was young.

I would say Oddish, but they've all become Vileplume by the end of my playthroughs :unsure:

I will probably change it momentarily to Mew. I got myself finally a poke ball plus and I'm doing a solo run with Mew in L.G. Pikachu and I'm loving the badass cuttie.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom