• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime What kind of anime do you normally watch?

we could be heroes
Reaction score
is it normally shonen anime? are you more gravitated towards more slice of life anime, or perhaps something else catches your eye more? in short, what genre of anime do you prefer watching?

She's like a rainbow
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
Mostly shonen anime, because that's what I watched a lot of in my childhood. Eventually I hope to expand my horizons to more diverse anime as well. I just watched every single Ghibli film and I absolutely loved almost all of them. So I'm hoping to catch more slice-of-life anime as well eventually.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I don't really have a set preference. If I had to name one, it'd be either historical, fantasy, or old-school shoujo. Otherwise, I'm pretty much open to any anime as long as they're well written, have good characters, and DON'T have gratuitous panty shots and non-consensual boob grabbing. The last one is a MAJOR turn-off for me, as someone who had it drilled into my head that any kind of sexual harassment or invasion of one's boundaries is wrong. (This is why I can't bring myself to watch Haruhi Suzumiya, Love Live, a Lull In The Sea, and others)

Spring of Storms
Reaction score
I admittedly don't watch too many anime, I'm more of a manga person but I guess my opinion still might count.

But I think I enjoy shonen and seinen manga the most. Genre-wise, I like detective mystery and horror manga best out of those, I guess. The type of shonen series I enjoy are the "anyone can die" types, or something more like Death Note or Attack on Titan. That or something like Detective Conan or Kindaichi Case Files.

Harem/Reverse harem or romance series are ones I tend to dislike, since the cliches in those genres seem so much more painfully obvious to me that I can't bear to read/watch them. There are a few exceptions I do enjoy, but those seem so much more self-aware about how cliche everything is than others do.

oh wow, sports
Reaction score
I just watch whatever show or series sounds appealing, tbh. My tastes are pretty varied.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
I'll watch anything as long as it is not horror or, as Juliko noted, has a lot of sexual assault. Especially because it's typically supposed to be humorous or at the very least taken very lightly. It's disgusting.

I typically end up watching Shonen, Shoujo, and Historical anime, I think. I'm also drawn to Music anime if it's classical/band instead of rock/pop (although I will watch others if they're good, like Carol & Tuesday).

The Sobbley Trainer
Reaction score
It's a bit of a tough one since I watch a lot of shows. I am a sucker for Slice of Life and fantasy shows, especially shows about youkai and the supernatural. Also a huge Isekai fan and I love myself some Sports Anime...
Really, the only thing I don't watch are Horror & Mecha shows. You can always check out my MAL.
And judge my bad tastes
if you wanna check out my tastes :')