• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What kind of anime do you normally watch?

Mostly shonen anime, because that's what I watched a lot of in my childhood. Eventually I hope to expand my horizons to more diverse anime as well. I just watched every single Ghibli film and I absolutely loved almost all of them. So I'm hoping to catch more slice-of-life anime as well eventually.

I don't really have a set preference. If I had to name one, it'd be either historical, fantasy, or old-school shoujo. Otherwise, I'm pretty much open to any anime as long as they're well written, have good characters, and DON'T have gratuitous panty shots and non-consensual boob grabbing. The last one is a MAJOR turn-off for me, as someone who had it drilled into my head that any kind of sexual harassment or invasion of one's boundaries is wrong. (This is why I can't bring myself to watch Haruhi Suzumiya, Love Live, a Lull In The Sea, and others)

I admittedly don't watch too many anime, I'm more of a manga person but I guess my opinion still might count.

But I think I enjoy shonen and seinen manga the most. Genre-wise, I like detective mystery and horror manga best out of those, I guess. The type of shonen series I enjoy are the "anyone can die" types, or something more like Death Note or Attack on Titan. That or something like Detective Conan or Kindaichi Case Files.

Harem/Reverse harem or romance series are ones I tend to dislike, since the cliches in those genres seem so much more painfully obvious to me that I can't bear to read/watch them. There are a few exceptions I do enjoy, but those seem so much more self-aware about how cliche everything is than others do.

I'll watch anything as long as it is not horror or, as Juliko noted, has a lot of sexual assault. Especially because it's typically supposed to be humorous or at the very least taken very lightly. It's disgusting.

I typically end up watching Shonen, Shoujo, and Historical anime, I think. I'm also drawn to Music anime if it's classical/band instead of rock/pop (although I will watch others if they're good, like Carol & Tuesday).

It's a bit of a tough one since I watch a lot of shows. I am a sucker for Slice of Life and fantasy shows, especially shows about youkai and the supernatural. Also a huge Isekai fan and I love myself some Sports Anime...
Really, the only thing I don't watch are Horror & Mecha shows. [HOVERABLE]You can always check out my MAL.[HOVERMSG]And judge my bad tastes[/HOVERMSG][/HOVERABLE] if you wanna check out my tastes :')

I'm like Neo Blaze in that I generally gravitate to shounen anime/manga, especially when I was younger (and it was mainly the more mainstream ones like Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, etc.). Still watch/read them of course, since I like a good action/adventure that usually comes out of WSJ, though I also read sports manga that come from it as well, and indeed will watch any anime adaptations they may have. Actually that's another genre I like to watch/read as well, sports; regardless if it's serialized in WSJ I'll generally try and check them out. Though I mainly now just usually watch/read whatever catches my eye and sounds interesting, be it either fantasy, harem, romance, mystery, horror, etc. I'll more than likely give it a shot.

Though I guess the one genre I generally don't watch/read much is SoL, it has to be really interesting for me to really give it a shot and take it seriously if it's the main genre in a series, there are some I have planning that do look promising though; and I did like Azumanga Daioh which is a SoL (of course it was also a comedy which helped it greatly), and a few others were alright to me. But overall it's the one genre I don't really actively look out for.

Given that my last post here was over a year ago, I can actually say I do watch a lot more slice-of-life now and that's definitely what I gravitate more to. I still watch a decent amount of shonen and action-oriented anime, if only for the fact that I don't want to limit myself to one kind of anime. But generally I find a lot more enjoyment in SoL or more lighthearted anime, with the occassional exception. Whenever I look up what new shows are coming up next season I definitely tend to look for the new SoL anime first (such as The Aquatope on White Sand for example, which immediately caught my eye a few months ago).

Usually shonen anime, although I haven't been dedicated to any of the recent ones; I'm more of an old school One Piece and Naruto type, although my love for Naruto slipped in recent years because of Boruto. I don't like romance anime or slice of life stuff, but I occasionally watch sci-fi based anime.

Psychological - Evangelion, Monogatari, and any rom-coms which are heavily character driven are right up my street :)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom