• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of features do you want to see?

Also, Eevee has yet to evolve from a hold item, so that is a "feature" that should be used.

Also, Eevee has yet to evolve from a hold item, so that is a "feature" that should be used.

This. I kinda liked how they had you have Eevee hold either a Moon Dust or Sun Dust to evolve in XD.

Speakin' of, I'd like to see the daytime/nighttime feature return. And also how your Pokemon follows you like in HG/SS.

Anything that justifies Masuda's claim that we will wonder if this is really a Pokémon game. In other words, a heck of a lot more than the ideas in this thread (bar some of the bolder ones).

I don't know, that sounds like PR...I doubt it'll be anything mind blowing.

Seems like it might be a case of some updated re-haul of graphics/possibly structure rather than game play, although I'd like them to possibly change EVs so the player manually inputs them upon leveling up, maybe hold berries and items separately, and hell, even branching move sets would be a cool idea allowing for better customization.

Rusty Shackleford said:
I don't know, that sounds like PR...I doubt it'll be anything mind blowing.
Of course it is PR, but that doesn't mean that there is no shred of truth to it. It is okay to have doubts, but I feel that the majority of fans are far too inclined to shrug off Masuda's statement and make a big deal about minor revisions to previous features.

If PR stands for Pokemon Ranger, then no... why would this game be another Pokemon Ranger, when they already have one coming out next month? That makes no sense at all, I'm sorry.... but they've already claimed that it's a Gen V. Too late for them to go back on their word on it.

If PR stands for Pokemon Ranger, then no... why would this game be another Pokemon Ranger, when they already have one coming out next month? That makes no sense at all, I'm sorry.... but they've already claimed that it's a Gen V. Too late for them to go back on their word on it.

PR = Public Relations.

Also, there seem to be a few metric tons of "I don't like it so it sucks" in this thread. Come on, people. If you don't like Contests or Pokéathlon, guess what? You've never been forced to do them. Don't like that your Pokémon forget their moves in the Daycare? Take the time to level them up yourself.

As for HMs: I wouldn't be opposed to a new system, but considering that most of them are now attacks with at least 80 base power, I'm honestly not all that ticked off by them. I do want to see Game Freak re-evaluate which Pokémon can learn which HMs, however: as much as I love my Surfing Rampardos, it really shouldn't exist. And it's long been a touchy subject with me that all the tiny early-game Normal/Flying-types like Pidgey and Taillow can learn Fly just because they're birds, but a giant airplane-shaped Yanmega can't just because it's a bug. What?

Also, there seem to be a few metric tons of "I don't like it so it sucks" in this thread. Come on, people. If you don't like Contests or Pokéathlon, guess what? You've never been forced to do them. Don't like that your Pokémon forget their moves in the Daycare? Take the time to level them up yourself.

There seems to be alot of that same complaining about the overall plot of the games also, ever since Gen V has been revealed 'n whatnot. Like you said, nobody's forcing anybody to play those games. If you get tired of the overall plot of the games, don't play them anymore... because those plots are essentially the backbone of the whole game, and without 'em they wouldn't be the RPG's they're supposed to be, now would they? They'd be more like the Stadium games and Battle Revolution, and from my observation the majority of the fans didn't like that game 'cause of it's lacking of a Story Mode/RPG.

As for HMs: I wouldn't be opposed to a new system, but considering that most of them are now attacks with at least 80 base power, I'm honestly not all that ticked off by them. I do want to see Game Freak re-evaluate which Pokémon can learn which HMs, however: as much as I love my Surfing Rampardos, it really shouldn't exist. And it's long been a touchy subject with me that all the tiny early-game Normal/Flying-types like Pidgey and Taillow can learn Fly just because they're birds, but a giant airplane-shaped Yanmega can't just because it's a bug. What?

Same here. Surf, Waterfall, Cut, and Fly don't bother me at all. It'd be nice though if they raised the base power of Rock Smash to equal Brick Break though... and possibly combine the abilities of Strength and Rock Climb into one HM.

Please please bring back the Item Storage feature!!! My bag in Platinum is so cluttered...

There seems to be alot of that same complaining about the overall plot of the games also, ever since Gen V has been revealed 'n whatnot. Like you said, nobody's forcing anybody to play those games. If you get tired of the overall plot of the games, don't play them anymore... because those plots are essentially the backbone of the whole game, and without 'em they wouldn't be the RPG's they're supposed to be, now would they? They'd be more like the Stadium games and Battle Revolution, and from my observation the majority of the fans didn't like that game 'cause of it's lacking of a Story Mode/RPG.

The thing with the plot is not that people don't want a storyline at all as you suggest, it's just that people want a new plot, which is very different.

I want to see HMs done away with. Using them can get annoying, some of them are almost never used, and it takes up a slot on a Pokemon's moveset which is a hassle to delete.

Maybe instead, each Pokemon has a set of "field skills" that they can naturally perform, and don't have to learn from a machine. The badges could just unlock these skills. So similar to what HMs are now, but minus the similarity to a TM and status as a move.

And for use in battle, Fly/Cut/Surf/etc could still be learned naturally via level-up.

The thing with the plot is not that people don't want a storyline at all as you suggest, it's just that people want a new plot, which is very different.

I wouldn't mind a slightly different plot myself. When Masuda mentions that it will be a "rebirth" it makes me wonder if it's not just going to be a new region and Pokes, but maybe something more. But my point was that even after 12 years, they might stick to what they're going for, no matter how much people complain about it. In a sense, if you want a different story, you're better off playing Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, or Colosseum/XD.

More than anything else I'd like to see some character customization.

EDIT: Also, along with the daytime/nighttime feature returning, I'd like to see a Season feature and Weather that isn't area specific. It should be possible to rain or snow in any city, not just constantly in certain areas.

More than anything else I'd like to see some character customization.

EDIT: Also, along with the daytime/nighttime feature returning, I'd like to see a Season feature and Weather that isn't area specific. It should be possible to rain or snow in any city, not just constantly in certain areas.

Been thinking about that for a long time, i would like to see that also and monthly events within the games, like fishing in the spring and summer tourments for prizes...etc

The season thing would be easily achieved thanks to the DS's calendar, I actually wonder why didn't they implemented that for the first place in DPPt.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a feature in D/P/Pt where a weather phenomenon called "diamond dust" occurs at Snowpoint on a certain date? If they can do that, then yeah, I don't see why they shouldn't do seasons. One version could focus on 2 seasons, while the other version could focus on the other 2 remaining... maybe, I'm just throwin' guesses out here.

I don't really want a super in-depth plot to be honest, although I'd like the NPCs and Gym Leaders to be more fleshed out...have the Gym Leaders appear outside of the Gym like in Platinum.

Also a cool feature I'd like, like in Ranger 2, is quests to perform for NPCs, maybe as a way to get rare items and maybe a few of the Gimmicks like Castform and Smeargle.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom