• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of features do you want to see?

Well, having Pokemon eggs use their own species' design would mean many more resources. That's about 300 (just a guess) individual eggs that serve no other purpose than to look pretty.

And I couldn't find the link or blog article, but Junichi Masuda has said that they prefer not to have the anime voices/sounds/cries for Pokemon in the games. That would be a lot of work and really would have little impact on the game. Plus, there's the fact that a Pokemon might have 5 different language voices, or it might keep its original voice, or the person portraying the voice might not be the same as it used to be. All in all, it's a complete nightmare to try and do except for specific Pokemon, like Pikachu.

Well, having Pokemon eggs use their own species' design would mean many more resources. That's about 300 (just a guess) individual eggs that serve no other purpose than to look pretty.

And I couldn't find the link or blog article, but Junichi Masuda has said that they prefer not to have the anime voices/sounds/cries for Pokemon in the games. That would be a lot of work and really would have little impact on the game. Plus, there's the fact that a Pokemon might have 5 different language voices, or it might keep its original voice, or the person portraying the voice might not be the same as it used to be. All in all, it's a complete nightmare to try and do except for specific Pokemon, like Pikachu.
Another idea would be to distribute egg designs based upon egg groups or typing. There are lots of things in games that are just there to look pretty, and look pretty they do.

Now based on Egg Groups is not a bad idea. The only trouble is that some Pokemon are of two groups. Types are the same way.

On the flipside, it's much less work than trying to give every Pokemon species its own design. If they made these changes I would not be displeased.

So far, the hatching animation has always been sprite based, but they've had 3D egg models in the games before. Perhaps to lessen the load of work they could make the animation a 3D one and apply textures to the eggs based on what's hatching, rather than making one animation for each group.

I'd like to see them give the Left and Right trigger buttons some use in the over-world view. Like make them item buttons like the Y key, or at least SOME form of use.

Pokebeach says the new scans confirm 5-player connectivity, not 6, so I guess we won't get a 3on3 tag battle like we did for double battles.

I'd like to see seasons in the game but thats covered...I'd also like to see the eggs have the baby pokemon patterns like in the anime so you'd remember what pokemon came from an egg that you forgot about

I'd like to see seasons in the game but thats covered...I'd also like to see the eggs have the baby pokemon patterns like in the anime so you'd remember what pokemon came from an egg that you forgot about

I agree completley.

Pokebeach says the new scans confirm 5-player connectivity, not 6, so I guess we won't get a 3on3 tag battle like we did for double battles.
Awww, that really sucks.

The main thing I want to see is WPA Support. If I change my signal to WEP, my older brother can't connect his laptop, and rages.

Also, while not a BW feature entirely, I'd like GameFreak to make external Storage space as DSiWare. Like, the ability to store an extra 1000 Pokémon, by downloading the DSiware, which will pick up any game in the DS-card slot.

Also, can the EU-English games please use UK-English instead of American-English? Or at least, have the Kanji/Hiragana mode changed to US-English/UK-English. If we have to wait longer to get the games, at least have it accurate for our language >>

For mail and chat in the Union Room, we need to be able to type our own words. Just put filters in place - MegaMan Star Force does it.

The main thing I want to see is WPA Support. If I change my signal to WEP, my older brother can't connect his laptop, and rages.

Tell me about it. We had to set up a new router to get any Nintendo Wi-fi to work, and there's no signal in my room.

Also, while not a BW feature entirely, I'd like GameFreak to make external Storage space as DSiWare. Like, the ability to store an extra 1000 Pokémon, by downloading the DSiware, which will pick up any game in the DS-card slot.

Hmmmnn, not sure. I never have enough Pokemon to need that feature. The problem with me is that I arrange my boxes by type, and there aren't enough. And it gets worse, cuz there are loads of Water-types, I need a 'Water 1' and 'Water 2' box. Which there isn't room for.

For mail and chat in the Union Room, we need to be able to type our own words. Just put filters in place - MegaMan Star Force does it.

Oh yes. Trying to write ANYTHING is a long and boring process.

Features I want to see
1. Trainer Customization- That's the big one right there
2. Following Pokemon- I prefer it to be an option. If you want it, turn it on. If you don't turn it off
3. Animal-like cries- Just for the coolness factor

I know this has been said before, but I think they should bring back the Pokemon cries that you heard when you just walking around. They had them in Ruby and Saphirre, why not have 'em now?

I actually emailed TPCi asking if for BW, they could use the Hiragana-Kanji thing to allow us to switch between US English and UK English.

The UK fans need things to be spelt right T_T

I agree completley.

Me too...or at least just call it "Pikachu Egg" or whatever if they don't want to do all the egg sprites. I mean when second gen came out it was cool because we got our little mystery eggs...but now it's just like "Seriously, I bred the thing. It's not a mystery. Just tell me what the damn egg is!" :)

I actually emailed TPCi asking if for BW, they could use the Hiragana-Kanji thing to allow us to switch between US English and UK English.

The UK fans need things to be spelt right T_T

I know how you feel, although it doesn't bother me too much. I do wish they'd change "mom" to "mum" or "mother" though.

I know how you feel, although it doesn't bother me too much. I do wish they'd change "mom" to "mum" or "mother" though.

But then American people would be weird about it. Never in my life have I called my mom "mum". But I'll shut up about it.

EDIT: 500th post! Yeeaaahhh.

Yeah, it's only a minor annoyance.

I did ask if the Kanji-Hiragana guy could be changed to US English-UK English.

and IceBlue, obviously it would stay US English for the US.

But then American people would be weird about it. Never in my life have I called my mom "mum". But I'll shut up about it.

EDIT: 500th post! Yeeaaahhh.
This is for EU copies of the game only.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom