• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of modification would you give existing moves?

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this kind of thread existed in the past, so I went to check. However, I didn't see any thread of that sort, so I went to create one that asks the question: "What modification would be necessary of wanted for existing moves?"

The past had shown us that some moves had different power or properties in the newer generations since its introduction. For example:
- Roar switches out, but in Generation 1 it is useless like Splash
- Hypnosis increased its accuracy for a while in Generation 4, but returns to its original value in later games
- Leaf Blade increases its power from Base 70 to Base 90

For me, I would like the following:
- Outrage's Base Power returns to 90 (from 120)
- Petal Dance's Base Power increases to 120 (from 90)
- Grass' drain moves to increase PP by another 5 for each variation, so Absorb = 30PP, Mega Drain = 20PP and Giga Drain = 15PP
- Bonemerang to ignore immunity to Ground, like Sand Attack

I wasn't sure if this kind of thread existed in the past, so I went to check. However, I didn't see any thread of that sort, so I went to create one that asks the question: "What modification would be necessary of wanted for existing moves?"

The past had shown us that some moves had different power or properties in the newer generations since its introduction. For example:
- Roar switches out, but in Generation 1 it is useless like Splash
- Hypnosis increased its accuracy for a while in Generation 4, but returns to its original value in later games
- Leaf Blade increases its power from Base 70 to Base 90

For me, I would like the following:
- Outrage's Base Power returns to 90 (from 120)
- Petal Dance's Base Power increases to 120 (from 90)
- Grass' drain moves to increase PP by another 5 for each variation, so Absorb = 30PP, Mega Drain = 20PP and Giga Drain = 15PP
- Bonemerang to ignore immunity to Ground, like Sand Attack

Bolded the ones I agree with, italicised the one I disagree with.

Also:

Roar of Time should take the game back to it's status three turns ago.

Spash should have an effect outside of battle... I don't know what.

it should attract all kind of bird pokemon who want to eat the splashing fish lol, so instant battle as long as you aren't in a building

The signature starter moves have different power levels and uses for each generation trio is the only thing I really want.

As said before, increase Petal Dance's base power to 120.

Also:
- Increase Iron Tail's accuracy to 90.
- Increase Sleep Powder's accuracy to 85.

Outrage's power indeed back to 90, Giga drain's pp increased too.

Also Hydro pump and Fire Blast should have their accuracy's made even, and I think that solar beam should keep using the sun effect untill the end of the turn (sun is in effect, you use solarbeam, opponent switches to hippowdon, instead of now charging solarbeam you should be able to do it in one turn), because solar beam is pretty much unusable now.

it should attract all kind of bird pokemon who want to eat the splashing fish lol, so instant battle as long as you aren't in a building

Starly's coming to eat a fish, and then get eaten by a splashing gyarados. Oh the irony.

Outrage's power indeed back to 90, Giga drain's pp increased too.

Also Hydro pump and Fire Blast should have their accuracy's made even, and I think that solar beam should keep using the sun effect untill the end of the turn (sun is in effect, you use solarbeam, opponent switches to hippowdon, instead of now charging solarbeam you should be able to do it in one turn), because solar beam is pretty much unusable now.
Whut? How is Solarbeam unusable now?

Whut? How is Solarbeam unusable now?

Solarbeam is unuseable because when an auto-weather inducer comes into play, like Abomasnow (Hail) or Hippowdown (Sandstorm), then the user of Solarbeam will be trapped in play for another turn, not to mention the weakened attack, since the Base Power is reduced to 60.

Make Tri-Attack ??? type but give STAB to Normal, Fire, Ice, and Electric types.

Outrage is made to be strong. Everything else, I'm down for.

While, its not a move, I think they should bump up the freeze chance a bit, and definitely make it so you can't recovered from it on THE TURN YOU GET IT.

Give a turn limit on Stealth Rock.

Make Spikes take only 2 turns to give full damage.

Make some moves change their properties based on the Pokemon using it (from Physical to Special or vice-versa).

Give a turn limit on Stealth Rock.

Make Spikes take only 2 turns to give full damage.

Make some moves change their properties based on the Pokemon using it (from Physical to Special or vice-versa).

I think Stealth Rocks "cap" damage should be 25%, either that or have it only do 1/8 damage everytime a Pokemon switches in. If they do not fix it than may all Pokemon with 4x weakness to Rock Rest in Peace... Except Ninjask, he still lives on!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom