• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Fossil Pokémon would you like to see?

Blast

☆彡
Reaction score
Generation 7 unfortunately did not feature any new Fossil Pokémon, meaning it's likely Generation 8 will bring them back to make up for it. So far, many popular and not so popular ancient animals have served as the inspiration for the Fossil Pokémon over the generations. However, there still many more interesting creatures that Fossil Pokémon can be based on! What do you think would be cool?

Seeing as there have there not been any mammal-like Fossil Pokémon, I see potential for them to be created. It may be unlikely since there were just two prominent monkey Pokémon introduced, but I'd still like a Fossil Pokémon that looks like Gigantopithecus, a gigant ape. Since all Fossil Pokémon are Rock types, I wonder if it would have some kind of armor to protect its body or a helmet of some kind. Currently no Pokémon with a Normal/Rock type combination exists, which seems like it could fit a Pokémon like that, so that'll be unique.

Honestly, I think an even more feasible Normal/Rock fossil Pokémon would be Doedicurus, an extinct relative to today’s armadillos. And it would be a fun one to see.

6C196DD7-34B3-4D40-A5AE-22F9500B9287.jpeg

And I know Water/Rock has been done to death, but I’d love a Liopleurodon Pokémon. It’s just a giant marine reptile with sharp teeth and flippers, what’s not to love? I could also see it being Rock/Dragon instead, with some good physical Water attacks in its movepool.

78412E71-D715-4C3B-8B1C-9AF810F688A0.jpeg

I'd love Fossil Pokemon that would take after Basilosaurus and Indricothere.

The Basilosaurus based line could be a two part evolution starting with a Pakicetus based Pokemon. It evolves at level 22 into an Ambulocetus based Pokemon. At level 50, it evolves into the Basilosaurus based Pokemon. The line would be Rock/Water.
http://prehlife.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/0/8/22089980/5515226_orig.jpg
The Indricothere based line could be a one part evolution starting with the Cambytherium based Pokemon. At level 40, it would evolve into the Indricothere based Pokemon. I like to imagine they would be Rock/Grass. (I've even thought out names(Equiny and Gigantwood) and a design for them)

- Megaloceros
- Megatherium
- Cave bear
- Sabre-toothed cat
- Woolly rhino
- Terror birds
- Entelodont (Freakin hell pigs)
- Dodo (Make it like a fossil Farfetch'd single stage mon, call it Dodo'd)
- Dunkleosteus
- Icthyosaurus
- Velociraptor
- Stegosaurus (Rock/Electric with plates acting as solar panels)
- Spinosaurus

Thylacoleo
Elasmotherium
Mammoth
Andrewsarchus
Oviraptor
Sivatherium
Megalodon
Parasaurolophus
Diprotodon
Carnotaurus
Brontotherium
Kaprosuchus
Dimetrodon
Megalania
Ankylosaurus
Pulmonoscorpius
Diplocaulus
Iguanodon
Thylacosmilus
Toxodon
Eohippus
Uintatherium
Allosaurus
Teratornis
Helicoprion
Plesiosaurus
Mosasaurus
Scutosaurus
Gorgonops

I'm kind of disappointed there are no fossil mammals in Pokemon so far. Some of the ones that I listed could make some very good fossil mons. Although not everything on my big list was a mammal.

My made-up region has a thylacoleo that is rock/dark, and an elasmotherium that is rock/fairy.

I'd love to see a megalodon and/or a mosasaurus. I've always wanted another shark pokemon to fangirl over besides sharpedo, and garchomp's way too lame for that. As for the latter, there's a disturbing lack of intimidating aquatic reptiles in pokemon -- the closest we have is, like, feraligatr. Rock/water is the most obvious type combination for both, but rock/dark and rock/dragon would be good fits too.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom