• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Though the starters have already been revealed, I figured it'd be good to start asking what other kinds of Pokemon we'll see in Scarlet and Violet. This can be new Pokemon, or existing Pokemon we think would fit with the world of Scarlet/Violet based on what we've seen so far.

Personally, I'm not super creative when it comes to new Pokemon so I can't really think of anything that would fit the bill there, but that sun design in the plaza seems perfect for some Oricorio to dance around in. Maybe we'd even see a new form?

Gen VIII gave me a lovely unicorn Pokemon, so maybe a pegasus Pokemon this time? (preferrably not a regional variant of Ponyta/Rapidash this time. Seriously, stop with the Gen I regional variants).

Hard to know, really.

It'll probably be a mixture of mon taking influence from Spain/Other Mediterranean countries and random origin mon thrown in just because. (like Hawlucha in Kalos)

It's probably a safe bet at this point but I hope they continue with the regional variants.

Welll.. we already have the starters.

The regional rodent can be an intreresting one. I don't think we get a Squirrel (As we got one in gen 8). So i think the Alpine Marmot as a regional rodent might be a possibility. Another contender is the Iberian Hare.

Spain has bats, so a regional form for either the Zubat or Woobat lines (Preferably Woobat here, but either is fine for me).

A Dolphin Pokemon.

Iberian Lynx (If Sprigatito isn't based on one in final evolution).

Yungoos/Gumshoos regional variant.

Oricorio baile style in the game, with three other variants based on Spanish dances, one on the bullfighting.

Regional Tauros (And by extension, give us Miltank).

Spanish Red Deer Pokemon or Ibex.

Iberian Wolf

For Birds, i can see a Pheasant or Partridge, but also a Flamingo or a Crane.

I can see us getting a Tortoise. Maybe a Torkoal variant. Or a Sea Turtle, which becomes our second Grass/Water line.

However, it seems that the SV region will have less region appropriate Pokemon as in Galar, due to Crocodiles not being native in Spain.

I'm curious as to what the fossils will be. If they're going by species that lived in what is now Spain, I'm thinking something along the lines of a cave hyena and a woolly rhinoceros. We haven't had a single mammalian fossil in the series, and I honestly think we need another rhino and hyena line.

I don't know a lot about mythology and things in the region of Spain, but I really want to see another more wicked fairy type in the vein of the Impidimp family. I just want more fairies and things like that in general. I'm pretty excited for this over all because I have like no background knowledge on Spain. Well besides the Spanish Inquisition.

I literally have no idea what kinds of animals or things I'll be seeing out of this region so I am excited as HECK.

I don't know a lot about mythology and things in the region of Spain, but I really want to see another more wicked fairy type in the vein of the Impidimp family. I just want more fairies and things like that in general. I'm pretty excited for this over all because I have like no background knowledge on Spain. Well besides the Spanish Inquisition.

I literally have no idea what kinds of animals or things I'll be seeing out of this region so I am excited as HECK.
All I can think of is Pirates of the Caribbean and Dora the explorer. I really dislike the gator. The duck is ok but it does look like a bath toy. I'm only fond of the cat.

Like a lot of people here, I wouldn't mind seeing Tauros and maybe even Miltank get a bit of love, due to bulls being a big cultural icon in Spain. Or even a bull-based legendary would be fine.

I was about to say maybe a bird themed around a flamenco dancer, but Oricorio already fulfills that.

I want to see the Dragons, and you want the Fairies. Are we enemies? :LOL:

I'm curious as to what the fossils will be. If they're going by species that lived in what is now Spain, I'm thinking something along the lines of a cave hyena and a woolly rhinoceros. We haven't had a single mammalian fossil in the series, and I honestly think we need another rhino and hyena line.
Another hyena line? What’s the first?

I could definitely see Luvdisc or Alolamola getting new “Valentines-y” forms (Unlikely, but they need it).
A bullfighter Pokémon or at least trainer class may appear.
Oricorio has to make a comeback.
The electric rat of the region will probably be a mountain-dwelling mouse of some kind.
And both last and least, a Rotom-Crucifix would be incredibly dumb and unlikely.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom