• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
There's one thing about this that confuses me, was it just people talking about the two things at the same time or was the Hisuian Zoroark image right next to the thing about pokemon transfer, suggesting the Hisuian Zoroark thing might just be saying "You can transfer one over!" Rather than them being actively in the game.
I think it's the Zoroark image and the trailer for SV that led me to this conclusion, meaning being able to transfer them in likely takes up slots for development reasons.

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Ooooh, I have a WHOLE list.

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
This has been said ad nauseum but I don't see the sense in stealing Oricorio's thunder to give it to a line that's popular enough already.

Dorothy

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Yeah, Oricorio’s “thunder” is that it has different forms based in different dance styles. Not that it’s the only flamenco-inspired Pokémon allowed to exist.

Pokémon use the same concepts in different ways all the time. This would be no different.
They rarely reuse concepts so soon though, except in smaller cases like Gen III.

Regardless, Oricorio has gotten no attention outside of Alola, whereas the Ralts line is already popular enough. Why not breathe more life into an obscure Pokemon rather than lavishing more attention on a line that's already a fan favorite?

Articfoxgamez

I Exist
Reaction score
I mean... New flamenco dancer Pokemon or not it's not exactly like they are going to re-advertise Oricorio, either way chances are it will just sort of... Be there in the wild and nothing more. So i'm not sure if it would necessarily take away any attention or thunder.

Dark Warrior

Reaction score
Pronouns
She, Her
My thoughts:

Some kind of Peacock (Most likely a Fairy/Fighting)
Ghost/Flying regional bird, because of that one story in Spain about the dead bird
Regional Variant Tyrantrum, because of this information:

Are there any dinosaur fossils in Spain?
Fossils of a giant dinosaur have been uncovered in Spain, and they appear to be remains of the largest terrestrial animal known to have lived in Europe, paleontologists reported last week. The dinosaur, which lived about 150 million years ago, is estimated to have weighed 40 to 48 tons

Next:
Ground/Fighting Type (Maybe a Scorpion?)
The regional dog might be a Ground/Normal Type, and might be based off of Ibizan Hound.

nickdt

Reaction score
My thoughts:

Some kind of Peacock (Most likely a Fairy/Fighting)
Ghost/Flying regional bird, because of that one story in Spain about the dead bird
Regional Variant Tyrantrum, because of this information:

Are there any dinosaur fossils in Spain?
Fossils of a giant dinosaur have been uncovered in Spain, and they appear to be remains of the largest terrestrial animal known to have lived in Europe, paleontologists reported last week. The dinosaur, which lived about 150 million years ago, is estimated to have weighed 40 to 48 tons

Next:
Ground/Fighting Type (Maybe a Scorpion?)
The regional dog might be a Ground/Normal Type, and might be based off of Ibizan Hound.

The Baryonyx has lived in Spain
Considering the Baryonyx also was also found in the UK, but seems not to have been used as inspiration for the Electric fossils, they might have thought to include it as a fossil in a Spain region.

Dorothy

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
I don't think regional variants of any fossils are likely, for the simple reason that these are extinct Pokemon.

Sheep40

Reaction score
Differences in resurrection equipment could cause regional variations to occur.

Dorothy

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Differences in resurrection equipment could cause regional variations to occur.
That feels like a stretch.

Besides which, I don't like the idea of the fossils being available in the wild in the first place.

Dark Warrior

Reaction score
Pronouns
She, Her
Besides which, I don't like the idea of the fossils being available in the wild in the first place.
Yeah, that was one of the few things I didn't like about the Crown Tundra. But, Regional Variant fossils are possible because they could have varied in ancient times.

ThePurpleEevee

The Purple Eevee <3
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Them
A Dolphin Pokémon please! We should have had one a long time ago, the same with a peacock Pokémon. I suppose Regional forms are granted at this point, a new Eeveelution could perhaps be a possibility.
There most likely won't be a dolphin Pokemon, since japan has a bad history with them. Many video relate to this topic on Youtube as well. I do also want a new Eeveelution, since there should of been one in SwSh.

geebraprint

Blitzle Stan
Reaction score
There most likely won't be a dolphin Pokemon, since japan has a bad history with them. Many video relate to this topic on Youtube as well. I do also want a new Eeveelution, since there should of been one in SwSh.
While Japan does have extreme controversy with dolphins, I don’t personally see that impacting the possibility of dolphin Pokémon. Mario has dolphins, Kirby has had dolphins, etc. Especially if the region isn’t in Japan, like how this new region is in the Iberian Peninsula.

ThePurpleEevee

The Purple Eevee <3
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Them
While Japan does have extreme controversy with dolphins, I don’t personally see that impacting the possibility of dolphin Pokémon. Mario has dolphins, Kirby has had dolphins, etc. Especially if the region isn’t in Japan, like how this new region is in the Iberian Peninsula.
You do bring up a point that I forgot, but, after this long, I just don't see dolphin Pokémon coming. I am hoping though.

Dorothy

Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
You do bring up a point that I forgot, but, after this long, I just don't see dolphin Pokémon coming. I am hoping though.
There's a lot of common animals that haven't had Pokemon. There's no hummingbird Pokemon, there's no lobster Pokemon, there's no cheetah Pokemon.