• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

You do bring up a point that I forgot, but, after this long, I just don't see dolphin Pokémon coming. I am hoping though.
I would say don’t give up hope! But yeah, it’s also nice to think it’s not coming so that you’re not always frustrated every generation.

Like me- I want a sloth Pokémon that stays a sloth. I think it’s make a perfect Grass starter. Yet we get the millionth cat Pokémon instead. lol One day…

I would say don’t give up hope! But yeah, it’s also nice to think it’s not coming so that you’re not always frustrated every generation.

Like me- I want a sloth Pokémon that stays a sloth. I think it’s make a perfect Grass starter. Yet we get the millionth cat Pokémon instead. lol One day…
Inb4 cat starter becomes sloth for no reason.

A moray eel, that evolves into a humanoid moray eel, that evolves into a moray weredgraon.

Or, alternately the same thing but with an amphisbaenia (worm lizard).

Catch the reference.

So for me what I'm expecting is some gen 4 regional variants. As for the moment we have a total of 0.
Also Tauros seems like a good candidate and I want Pokémon to really do something with it. Give it a ghost/fighting evo of a bull that died in the arena.
In Portugal we eat the fish tynamo's line is based off, so a regional variant of it would be nice as well
As for new pokémon I believe the Barcelo's Rooster is pretty much confirmed at this point (Masuda even retweeted the post that had him with the rooster)
For the starters I'm feeling inclined to go on a way that the majority of people isn't
Sprigatito for me, yes will be a lynx and I'm praying GF does that right.
Fuecoco for me will be the dragon slain by saint George, stays a dragon but in a lot of the popular depictions it looks like a snake, making fuecoco still respect the chinese zodiac pattern.
Quaxly will become a painter, using the brush as its weapon. Spain has Dali, Picasso, Miró, etc has a few examples of some great painters. Quaxly already looks like a small painter so I really think that will be its path.
Now as for the wants:
That crystal onix
If sprigatito doesn't become the lynx then give luxray a regional evo
A dragon based on the Gaudi garden's one (I accept a keckleon reg)
A luvdisc that never found its pair, gaining a dark type evolution
I want a Portuguese waterdog pokémon
I also want a dolphin pokémon, but I want it to be as evil as one can get. Maybe electric/dark, where the electric typing is really there because they gang up on water types and unleash electricity just to watch them suffer.
A pineco that burned in forest fires (iberian peninsula has a tone of pine cones and wildfires) becoming Ghost/Bug and evolving into a shelless forretress or an entire new mon.
And last but not least, I want an Ice dunsparce that evolves into what I can describe as a snorlax of ice caves. Where it lets wanderers pass in exchange of food. Ice/Dragon || Ice/Fairy || Ice || are my possibilities

Pawinard and Bisharp variations that depict Spanish and Moorish soldiers, priests, and then Knights.

Blind Snakes. They already look like pokemon.

A Honedge variation based around rapiers and eventually Zweihanders, the two primary weapons in the old Spanish school of Fencing.

A carnation, to reference Portugal's revolution.

A staff-wielding martial artist to reference Jogo Dau Pau, one of the last living martial arts of europe.

A spotted Woolo variation, in reference to the Churra Sheep.

A pig that references Iberico Ham.

A living Basque walking stick.

A bronzong variation that is literally the bell that tolls.

A culebre. Either Fuecoco's evolution, or the pseudo-legedary.

I know it's not specific to Spain but one inspiration that I think would be cool is the Marabou Stork. It would be a good candidate for a Poison/Flying type (that we haven't seen since Crobat) since it can be found on landfills. Its appearance even lends itself towards a creepy or elderly design.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom