• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

Honestly we will not be getting regional forms if Hisuian Pokemon are transferrable. It's not really a pattern it's pure common sense. Whatever the star/fruit themes implies, that's the focus of this generation.

Honestly we will not be getting regional forms if Hisuian Pokemon are transferrable. It's not really a pattern it's pure common sense.
I don't see why that would be. Regional forms are an extremely popular feature that now spans multiple generations and has only been getting more refined since its introduction.

I don't see why that would be. Regional forms are an extremely popular feature that now spans multiple generations and has only been getting more refined since its introduction.
And marketing hisuian Pokemon and even newer forms would not work. Even with pokemon like Meltan being introduced in a remake of all titles, there was still a gap between Let's go and Sword and Shield. Convince me otherwise but Gamefreak has learned their lesson with introducing so much in a single title.

And marketing hisuian Pokemon and even newer forms would not work. Even with pokemon like Meltan being introduced in a remake of all games, there was still a gap between Let's go and Sword and Shield. Convince me otherwise but Gamefreak has learned their lesson with introducing so much in a single title.
They clearly haven't learned that much since they're releasing two major titles in a single year with barely any space to breathe. I don't think that will stop them.

They clearly haven't learned that much since they're releasing two major titles in a single year with barely any space to breathe. I don't think that will stop them.
Pov : Gamefreak had enough money to invest in SV in the first place.

Edit : I guess I should've elaborated. Gamefreak made little announcements compared to last year. At least not before pokemon day. With their experiements towards anime specials you could argue they're going for quality over quantity this time.

Last edited:
Dolphin -> killer whale -> sperm whale would be a fun line. Maybe give Octillery a giant squid evolution (based on a torpedo or a missile) for the sperm whale to fight.
I'd rather a dolphin pokemon not be ruined by an old gimmick

What are you talking about?
Facepalm
A pokemon such as a dolphin would not be that satisfying if it turned into a separate animal. It has worked for starter Pokemon yet a dolphin pokemon would be very important to most of the fandom. This looks nice on paper but I'd much rather use a fully evolved dolphin pokemon.

Facepalm
A pokemon such as a dolphin would not be that satisfying if it turned into a separate animal. It has worked for starter Pokemon yet a dolphin pokemon would be very important to most of the fandom. This looks nice on paper but I'd much rather use a fully evolved dolphin pokemon.
Well as long as it's not Water/Psychic (which I never understood anyway)...

Anyway I don't care too much about a dolphin Pokemon or understand why it seems to be such a holy grail for fans so I don't see how it being part of a line of toothed whales "ruins" it.

Last edited:
Well as long as it's not Water/Psychic (which I never understood anyway)...
I suppose it's because dolphins are deemed very intelligent but then again so are most mammals. Water/Psychic is way too fanficy

That's why I like to have high standards so please understand

We already have a flamenco dancer in Baile Style Oricorio. I can see them including that and just not making its other forms available.
I'd actually be fine with that, tbh. It would be interesting if based on this the other Oricorio forms into the regions based on countries where their respective dances originate from. Besides, if Oricorio Baile is included as a standalone it has a very good chance of getting other Fire-type moves besides Revelation Dance, which means the other Oricorio forms can get more moves of their STAB too.

Oricorio switching between forms was a mistake, imo.

I'd actually be fine with that, tbh. It would be interesting if based on this the other Oricorio forms into the regions based on countries where their respective dances originate from. Besides, if Oricorio Baile is included as a standalone it has a very good chance of getting other Fire-type moves besides Revelation Dance, which means the other Oricorio forms can get more moves of their STAB too.

Oricorio switching between forms was a mistake, imo.
Where... where did Cheerleading Originate from though? Or whatever that dance style is actually called.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom