• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

I'd actually be fine with that, tbh. It would be interesting if based on this the other Oricorio forms into the regions based on countries where their respective dances originate from. Besides, if Oricorio Baile is included as a standalone it has a very good chance of getting other Fire-type moves besides Revelation Dance, which means the other Oricorio forms can get more moves of their STAB too.

Oricorio switching between forms was a mistake, imo.
It's too late to change things now but it would have fun if Oricorio was just a hula dancer in Alola and then each region got a regional form would get a new form of it based on a popular or traditional dance of the country of origin (Sensu style would be the Hisuian form, Galar could have a form based on English country dancing or Morris dancing, etc.)

Honestly we will not be getting regional forms if Hisuian Pokemon are transferrable. It's not really a pattern it's pure common sense. Whatever the star/fruit themes implies, that's the focus of this generation.
How did you jump to that conclusion? Sword and Shield introduced Galarian forms while Alolan forms were still transferable to the game, and Legends Arceus had Alolan Ninetales available despite introducing new Hisuian forms. They most certainly could introduce new regional Pokémon in Gen IX while allowing us to transfer older regional Pokémon to the game.

How did you jump to that conclusion? Sword and Shield introduced Galarian forms while Alolan forms were still transferable to the game, and Legends Arceus had Alolan Ninetales available despite introducing new Hisuian forms. They most certainly could introduce new regional Pokémon in Gen IX while allowing us to transfer older regional Pokémon to the game.
The time gap between Legends and VS I suppose. If Gamefreak wants to play their cards right they won't cram in new features without a trade off. Of course we don't know anything about the development behind VS. I'm pretty shocked to see how good the game looks for beta footage. Only time will tell.

The time gap between Legends and VS I suppose. If Gamefreak wants to play their cards right they won't cram in new features without a trade off. Of course we don't know anything about the development behind VS. I'm pretty shocked to see how good the game looks for beta footage. Only time will tell.
If they wanted to play their cards right they wouldn't be releasing Scarlet and Violet this year. But here we are.

Can we please have a new fossil pokemon and not like that abhorrent thing in....whatever region it was? Galar-the weird fusion thing? This isn't digimon.

A new eevlution. We need more, haven't had one since Kalos.

Please get rid of Ash finally and put someone else, anime wise. (Doubt they'll do so but gods it would be nice).

Oh, I agree with person above. Give Luvdisc a new form.

Can we go back to regional variants please? That's one thing, one of the only things, I liked about S&M.

I hope they don't continue with these pathetic galarian fossils. Why not a standart fossilmon based on Spinosaurus? Let's go back to the basics, two fossils, one exclusive to Scarlet and the other exclusive to Violet. There's a lot of Ice Age species that could be used as inspiration (mammoths, saber tooth, giant slots, woolly rhino, mastodont, etc), fossils don't need to be restrictred to dinos. Was hoping for an Ox for the fire starter, but I'm ok with this Croc/Snake like pokémon. What I'm hoping for:
  • another orca pokémon;
  • dolphin and/or sperm whale pokémon;
  • why not another rhino pokémon? There's been a long time since Rhyhorn was released;
  • a flamingo;
  • a swordfish pokémon would be awesome;
  • of course an iberian lynx would be awesome as well, and I think we're getting one with Sprigatito and it's evolutions;
  • would like to see another spider and/or scorpion pokémon.

Last edited:
Can we go back to regional variants please? That's one thing, one of the only things, I liked about S&M.
Regional variants haven't left? They've been around in every game since Sun and Moon.

Whenever a new generation comes around I'm always excited to see the usual suspects: the three stage bird, the early small animal/rodent, the fish. Especially the birds. I love birds.

As for returning pokemon I wouldn't be surprised to see:
-Tauros obviously despite how much I hate bullfighting. Which means milktank would come back too.
-Oricorio because flamenco dancer. You could probably get the other forms via buying nectars from a specialty shop but the Baile style would probably be the standard encounter.
-Spritzee and Aromatisse because people keep mentioning flamingos and I could easily see spritzee evolving into a variant aromatisse that looks like a flamingo.
-Nickit and Theivul because look at them. Look at Theivul. If that is not a pokemon that would speak in a suave spanish accent, I don't know what is. Also according to Google-fu Spain has a fox breed and according to a thing that talks about the animals of spain it says in Spanish it's called Zorro. If we don't get this line in Scarlet and Violet I am gonna be gobsmacked, I tell you.
-Yungoos with a regional variant because Spain has mongoos (the Egyptian Mongoose according to more casual glances at the site I mentioned above) that was introduced to the region. I'd think that since the Alolan yungoos was introduced to deal with rattata, it evolved into Gumshoos to hunt that prey. In this new region it would have a different evolution. Maybe a grass type since they live in areas of dense vegetation near rivers and stuff.

Sheesh when have I suddenly been able to think up my own pokemon ideas.

Fossil Pokemon based on the Aurochs. They can even make it so its a predecessor for Tauros and Miltank. Maybe that is the connection between them even.
The aurochs went extinct relatively recently, though (about 400 years ago), too recently for them to fossilize (the youngest a fossil can be is about 10,000 years).

I doubt this means anything but fun fact: a Fossil mon this generation would set up a possible pattern, a pattern of: Yes no Yes Yes no (gen 1 did have one gen 2 didnt, gens 3 and 4 did gen 5 Didnt, then again Gen 6 has gen 7 didnt, gens 8 and 9 have one and then make gen 10 not.)

I doubt this means anything but fun fact: a Fossil mon this generation would set up a possible pattern, a pattern of: Yes no Yes Yes no (gen 1 did have one gen 2 didnt, gens 3 and 4 did gen 5 Didnt, then again Gen 6 has gen 7 didnt, gens 8 and 9 have one and then make gen 10 not.)
Gen V had fossils.

huh... why am i completely blanking on them right now? Anyways nevermind then guess gens 2 and 7 are just weird

No, they aren't weird. In a sense, it makes sense them not getting fossils (Hawaii doesn't have them and Johto is bascially a Kanto expansion, so that it shares fossils logically makes also sense).

Can we please have a new fossil pokemon and not like that abhorrent thing in....whatever region it was? Galar-the weird fusion thing? This isn't digimon.

Personally, I don't mind the Galar fossil Pokemon. (I guess maybe I'm in the minority...)

That said, I think their appeal really exists as a once off. If they just keep making mish mash fossils I imagine people will hate on them even more than the Galar ones.

Also, I'd like if the new fossils weren't required to be part Rock type....just like in Galar.

What I think we might see:
• A Picasso/cubism-based Pokémon (Porygon variant?)
• A bull-based Pokémon (Tauros/Bouffalant variant?)
• A Las Plagas Pokémon ;)
• A Pokémon with Aztec/Mayan/Olmec/other Mexican-inspired elements, similar to the India-inspired Cufant and Copperajah
• The main legendaries could represent infrared and ultraviolet light respectively, with the third member of the trio representing visible light (if there was a third version, it'd probably be called Rainbow)
• A humanoid knight-based Pokémon (regional variant of Machamp/Gallade?)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom