• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

I do wonder if there will be a 2-for-1 with the early mons like they did for Alola (Vikavolt was the early Electric type AND early Bug). If they hold off on reaching #1000 for 2026, and with yearly game releases needing at least a handful of new dex entries, this region could see less than the usual amount of new lines.

Maybe the early bird is also the early electric?

An evolution to Spiritomb, because there is a Spanish folktale/myth about setting the souls of sinners free, those souls taking on an appearance of horse-like shapes. So a horse Pokemon evolution for Spiritomb would be a clever way to bring that myth/folktale into the game. The color scheme could be based on which stat is the highest.

I do wonder if there will be a 2-for-1 with the early mons like they did for Alola (Vikavolt was the early Electric type AND early Bug). If they hold off on reaching #1000 for 2026, and with yearly game releases needing at least a handful of new dex entries, this region could see less than the usual amount of new lines.

Maybe the early bird is also the early electric?
The Pikachu clone isn't necessarily an early-game Pokemon. Plusle and Minun don't show up until after the second badge in RSE, and Morpeko is a mid-game Pokemon.

The Pikachu clone isn't necessarily an early-game Pokemon. Plusle and Minun don't show up until after the second badge in RSE, and Morpeko is a mid-game Pokemon.
Mareep, Electrike, Shinx, Blitzle, Helioptile, (Grubbin), Yamper.

I desperatly want a Flamenco Flamingo just because thats too good a combo but we already have a Flamenco bird with Balie Oricorio
Even though it's pretty much a monster Muppet from Sesame Street with flamingo features, we also have Aromatisse. It's also a dancer.

If anything bring on poison/fire purple flamingos that feed on Grimer and hang out in toxic sludge all day like real flamingos hang out in overly acidic water.

For the love of Arceus, give us that damn dolphin already.
I've always wanted a dolphin Pokemon and considering how dolphins are really popular in real life, I'm surprised how we still haven't gotten one yet. Like Alola would have been the perfect region to debut a dolphin Pokemon.

And then it made me think: what if Game Freak hasn't made a dolphin Pokemon yet because of the controversial dolphin hunting that takes place in Japan?

Anyway, I'd like to see a proper mosquito Pokemon. Perhaps Bug/Dark. 2 new fossil lines and 1 single stage fossil like we had with Gen 1. Maybe a new Eeveelution?

And then it made me think: what if Game Freak hasn't made a dolphin Pokemon yet because of the controversial dolphin hunting that takes place in Japan?
If that were the case we wouldn't have the other whale Pokémon either, Kyogre included.

I'm guessing they've just had a hard time coming up with a dolphin or they're waiting for the South American or Indian region just so they can have a river dolphin because bottle noses are over-rated.

If that were the case we wouldn't have the other whale Pokémon either, Kyogre included.

I'm guessing they've just had a hard time coming up with a dolphin or they're waiting for the South American or Indian region just so they can have a river dolphin because bottle noses are over-rated.
You're right. But I don't think whales and other sea creatures get as much attention as dolphins. Most of the media and articles are usually centered on the dolphin hunting.

This is probably similar to how Jynx hasn't had much attention since gen 1. They don't want anything to do with it due to the black face controversy.

You're right. But I don't think whales and other sea creatures get as much attention as dolphins. Most of the media and articles are usually centered on the dolphin hunting.

This is probably similar to how Jynx hasn't had much attention since gen 1. They don't want anything to do with it due to the black face controversy.
The Jynx thing might just be a rumor. They still made Smoochum after the controversy started, they made a Sitting Cuties plushie, Jynx has a shirt pattern, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we get a regional evolution or a regional variant or both considering what went on with Mr. Mime last Gen. Besides, if they were really ashamed of it they probably would have completely cut it from the roster ages ago and not have it in almost every single game since.

So yeah, it's kind of safe to say they don't really care about controversy.

I’m not expecting too many Mediterranean-inspired Pokémon tbh. Every gen, there are maaaybe a handful of new Pokémon that are specifically nods towards the current region (not counting the four that are based on parts of Japan).

The first non-Japanese based region that really leaned into the pop culture of its real life counterpart was Galar; and what do you know, the Art Director is British. Otherwise, its a mix of “as seen through the eyes of a Japanese tourist” and what works for balance.

Mareep, Electrike, Shinx, Blitzle, Helioptile, (Grubbin), Yamper.

None of those are considered Pikachu clones. Other than being Electric type and subjectively cute, they don’t match up with the commonly accepted “clone” requirements.

Hummingbird: Flying/Fairy
Swordfish: Water/Steel
Jerboa: Electric/Fighting (Pika clone)
Dwarf lantern shark: Water
Splits evolves into:
  • Hammerhead shark: Water/Dark
  • Goblin shark: Water/Ghost
Betta fish: Water/Fire
Capybara: Normal (early rodent)
Boar: Ground/Fighting
Blob fish: Water/Psychic

None of those are considered Pikachu clones. Other than being Electric type and subjectively cute, they don’t match up with the commonly accepted “clone” requirements.
??? I never said they were clones? Because they’re not?

They’re the early electric type (not route 1 early, but early) that has been in literally every single region.

Might I add, they are ALWAYS advertised during the pre-release promo for the games as being early Pokémon you’ll encounter, usually the month after the early bird, bug, and rodent if not alongside them.

Last edited:
??? I never said they were clones? Because they’re not?

They’re the early electric type (not route 1 early, but early) that has been in literally every single region.

Might I add, they are ALWAYS advertised during the pre-release promo for the games as being early Pokémon you’ll encounter, usually the month after the early bird, bug, and rodent if not alongside them.

Whoops! Sorry about that. I conflated both posts and mis-read yours.

Whoops! Sorry about that. I conflated both posts and mis-read yours.
No problem- hope it didn’t come off as mean or mad. I was just confused. Lol

Speaking of the idea of combining the early electric with the early bird, more generally- I hope the early bird isn’t just normal/Flying. Talonflame and Corviknight are so much fun because they’re not. Haha

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom