• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

??? I never said they were clones? Because they’re not?

They’re the early electric type (not route 1 early, but early) that has been in literally every single region.
You seem to be defining "early electric type" as "the first electric type you're likely to encounter." Electrike and Helioptile are objectively not Pokemon found very early on.

You seem to be defining "early electric type" as "the first electric type you're likely to encounter." Electrike and Helioptile are objectively not Pokemon found very early on.
Look, I don’t gain anything by trying to convince you of a clear 20-something-year-long game promotion and Pokémon encounter pattern. Believe what you want, though I don’t see what you get from denying it.

There is always an early electric type Pokémon that is revealed with or shortly after the other early-found Pokémon that characterize a new region. I look forward to seeing if the one for SV is combined with another kind of early Pokémon, like Vikavolt being both the early Electric and early Bug, since we may be getting less new dex numbers than usual if they are holding off #1000 for a 2026 reveal.

There is always an early electric type Pokémon that is revealed with or shortly after the other early-found Pokémon that characterize a new region. I look forward to seeing if the one for SV is combined with another kind of early Pokémon, like Vikavolt being both the early Electric and early Bug, since we may be getting less new dex numbers than usual if they are holding off #1000 for a 2026 reveal.
You say this but technically Gen 9 could add about as many new pokemon as the last three generations and still not quite hit 1000 (Not counting Arceus for Gen 8 as that's technically 2 too many)

You say this but technically Gen 9 could add about as many new pokemon as the last three generations and still not quite hit 1000 (Not counting Arceus for Gen 8 as that's technically 2 too many)
I’m thinking of the 2023, 2024, and 2025 games and DLC that will inevitably add at least a few new dex entries each, for legends etc. So SV can’t go up until #999… it would need to stop at like #980 probably, right?

Edit : oh I just did the math. That would still be 75 new Pokémon which is only 5 less than SM and SwSh, and if they go to 985 than it’s the same as them. Oops!

Last edited:
I’m thinking of the 2023, 2024, and 2025 games and DLC that will inevitably add at least a few new dex entries each, for legends etc. So SV can’t go up until #999… it would need to stop at like #980 probably, right?
Depends how it goes, Gen 8 added 15 Pokémon after the original release (not counting regional forms), Gen 7 only added 9 (Counting meltan and melmetal as gen 7), Gen 6 added even less at just 3. So, while the number of new Pokémon post main game release has been going up there's still room.

Some Pokemon I would like to see:

--a Flying type Eeveelution (Windeon?)
--an ice type inspired by an American Eskimo dog (one of these lovely puppers)
--a PROPER black cat Pokemon (a fairy/dark type, maybe?)
--a pegasus Pokemon
--a red squirrel Pokemon
--a flamingo Pokemon
--a proper hawk Pokemon of some kind, or a falcon Pokemon
--a killer whale Pokemon (yes, you can see those in Spain)

No problem- hope it didn’t come off as mean or mad. I was just confused. Lol

Speaking of the idea of combining the early electric with the early bird, more generally- I hope the early bird isn’t just normal/Flying. Talonflame and Corviknight are so much fun because they’re not. Haha
Not at all; I was mortified when I re-read the posts. I hate when I get lambasted out of context (not frequent here, but in general). So I’m glad you weren’t upset with me.

And yes; as much as I enjoy a good Pidgeotto or Staravia, early route birds are more fun when they evolve into something other than Normal/Flying.

They need some Portuguese-inspired Pokemon, whether that would be an animal, a mythical creature, plant, or object. Heck maybe create a Tentacruel or Jelliscent regional variant based on the Portuguese Man o' War while they're at it.

I remember seeing something about Masuda saying that the mascot of the restaurant Nando's would make a good 'Mon, since it's based off a myth and all. It's a rooster by the way.
He was talking about the Rooster of Barcelos, which I will be really happy to see a Pokemon being based on. It could be a Ghost/Fight-type combination, given roosters are known to be very aggressive and the fact that for many Pokemon, the Fighting-type represents defending those who can't defend themselves, which is the myth is basically about: a spirit of a rooster coming to defend a man from false accusations.

I can see it, I'd think it'd look cool...but wasn't that Rooster...headless?
I'm not sure whether the rooster in the story was headless or not, but that part doesn't have to be included in the design. Many Pokemon based on mythos aren't 100% based on their mythos either.

We should get an early bird that is Grass/Flying (I mean, we can encounter Wingull early as well). Maybe not as the what is considered the early bird, but we should be able to encounter it before the second gym at least.

Early Route Rodent - Hedgehog
Maybe a Grass/Flying hummingbird hawk-moth? Yeah it’s a moth that looks like a bird, but it wouldn’t be the first time a bug that looks like something else gets the type of the thing it looks like (see Lurantis).

Or I guess more likely would be the green parrot. Lol

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom