• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

I hoping for a Fairy type pseudo... like a Fast, strong physical Fairy/Fire or Fairy/Ground pseudo legendary... or any other type except Dragon!
Also I'm hoping for a Fire/Grass chili pepper pokémon. If we don't get it now, we probably won't (I really doubt they'll ever make a Latin American region)
They seem to be doing one fruit/veggie line per region it seems, at least for the past few ones.

Galar- Applin
Alola- Bounsweet
Kalos- Pumpkaboo

I for sure believe there will be a pepper Pokémon eventually (if Fuecoco’s resemblance ends up being coincidental).

A regional variant of the honedge line based around rapiers or scimitars.

That moorish and Spanish knight dichotomy could be realized through version-dependent pawinard variations, or it could be the legendaries.

Also, rounding that out we need some visigoth representation. A viking sword honedge, or a viking themed pawinard variation or legendary.

If those references to oranges and grapes truly mean anything I could easily see them making two fruit inspired Pokemon on them. I love all the fruit Pokemon they've introduced the past few generations, so I would love to see some more. If the theories about there being schools are also true these two fruit Pokemon would make excellent mascots for them.

I've written my culturally-based speculation on another thread. I'll just quote that here:

1. A number of Pokemon from the Kalosian dex as @BackSet mentioned. Particularly ones that got dexited in SwSh.
2. Pokemon that have possible influences from Spanish culture or from what used to be Spanish colonies, such as:
  • Sigilyph (Peruvian - inspired by the Nazca Lines)
  • Hawlucha, Maractus, Ludicolo or Wooper and their (pre-)evolutions. (Mexican)
  • Xatu line (explicitly said to be South American in the Johto and Gen 3 Kanto dex)
  • Tauros (Bullfighting, running of the bulls, and depictions from Altamira Cave) & Miltank (as the female equivalent of Tauros - maybe make an Iberian variant)
  • Bouffalant (based on American Bison - found in Mexico and what is now SW USA)
  • Maybe a Servine (It's referring to the French King Louis XIV of the Bourbon Dynasty...which one of its surviving branches runs the current Spanish monarchy.)...though admittedly it would be weird without Emboar and Samurott... Or, maybe make all three to be Iberian variations, with Emboar to be a Mexican wrestler, and Samurott to be a conquistador?
  • Sunflora - Sunflower native to North America, introduced to Europe by the Spanish.
  • Cinccino line - as they are based on chinchillas found in South America
  • Maybe make an Iberian variant of Gothitelle line as a flamenco dancer? Both Gothitelle and flamenco have possible origins from the Romani people.
  • Carracosta line - Based on leatherback sea turtle, with significant population in the Caribbean & Florida
  • Archeops line - possibly based on Feathered Serpents of ancient Mesoamerica
  • An Iberian variant of Shelmet and Escavcalier that look more like Spanish conquistadors
  • Tropius - Bananas: Originally native to much of SE Asia including the Philippines, first introduced to Europe via Muslim Iberia before the Reconquest, and later introduced to the Caribbeans and South America during the Spanish-Portuguese colonial period.
...Okay I'm exhausted now... lol

I can see all this happening EXCEPT the Servine part. They could just give Servine its own variant without the other two, giving it and Emboar and Samurott wouldnt make sense because Samurott literally got a Hisiuan form, it doesn't need another.

I mean, I don't expect any of the starters to get regional variants anyways until a Legends game come around.

I was initially certain we’d get a whole legends series but now I’m not sure, especially since it seems they’re integrating aspects of that game into sv

are we even getting another Legends game?

Legends could be a one off like the "Let's Go" games seem to be, but I'd be surprised if that gameplay style doesn't make a return in a future game.

I think it's even more likely if Pokemon Scarlet/Violet aren't that similar in gameplay to Legends.

Back on topic, a worm lizard pokemon is in order. Have you seen their skeletons? It looks like a chestburster (though a healthy worm lizard is adorable). They're found in Granada and Catalonia.

Also, Neophrons. Maybe as a mandibuzz variant.

Legends could be a one off like the "Let's Go" games seem to be, but I'd be surprised if that gameplay style doesn't make a return in a future game.

I think it's even more likely if Pokemon Scarlet/Violet aren't that similar in gameplay to Legends.
Let's Go gameplay kinda came back in Sword and Shield, that being walking Pokemon in the overworld. So Legends playstyle isn't out of the world of possibilities especially since a lot of fans seem to enjoy.

Last edited:
I’m mostly interested in seeing how most of the new unused typings would go underway. Y’know, things like Grass/Fire and Ground/Fighting and such.

I also would like to see a new Electric/Psychic and Ice/Steel that aren’t regional variants. And for the Ice/Steel, please make it a fast mon just to make it easier to deal with those quad weaknesses?

To be honest, the more pessimistic side of me is thinking that we'll get less new Pokémon species than XY, at least in the base game; probably around the 45-60 mark because an old interview suggests that Game Freak would never introduce less than 20 new Pokémon in a brand new region. I say this because of the graphical improvements compared to Generation 8, the release date being close to Legends: Arceus, and the fact that Game Freak likely worked on both Legends and SV near simultaneously. With the amount of workload that seemingly got put into both games and short release gap, it wouldn't surprise me if the graphics and the burst mechanic (read: battle gimmick) of Gen 9 took priority over the amount of new creatures. And that isn't even accounting for the fact that we saw Hisuian Zoroark in the teaser, meaning that Game Freak likely wanted to get at least a majority of the Hisui-debuted forms and evolutions into a new potential VGC title.

Plus, I can see TPC wanting Game Freak to deliberately hold back quite a few of the new species for DLC since the SwSh expansion pass probably sold well enough. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled more stunts like this mainly to maximize profit, though at least it fit thematically if the DLC was to be all about the Spanish explorer portion of Spain's culture.

And that isn't even accounting for the fact that we saw Hisuian Zoroark in the teaser, meaning that Game Freak likely wanted to get at least a majority of the Hisui-debuted forms and evolutions into a new potential VGC title.
There's one thing about this that confuses me, was it just people talking about the two things at the same time or was the Hisuian Zoroark image right next to the thing about pokemon transfer, suggesting the Hisuian Zoroark thing might just be saying "You can transfer one over!" Rather than them being actively in the game.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom