• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of new Pokemon do you think we'll see in Scarlet/Violet?

There's one thing about this that confuses me, was it just people talking about the two things at the same time or was the Hisuian Zoroark image right next to the thing about pokemon transfer, suggesting the Hisuian Zoroark thing might just be saying "You can transfer one over!" Rather than them being actively in the game.
I think it's the Zoroark image and the trailer for SV that led me to this conclusion, meaning being able to transfer them in likely takes up slots for development reasons.

Ooooh, I have a WHOLE list.

This has been said ad nauseum but I don't see the sense in stealing Oricorio's thunder to give it to a line that's popular enough already.

Yeah, Oricorio’s “thunder” is that it has different forms based in different dance styles. Not that it’s the only flamenco-inspired Pokémon allowed to exist.

Pokémon use the same concepts in different ways all the time. This would be no different.
They rarely reuse concepts so soon though, except in smaller cases like Gen III.

Regardless, Oricorio has gotten no attention outside of Alola, whereas the Ralts line is already popular enough. Why not breathe more life into an obscure Pokemon rather than lavishing more attention on a line that's already a fan favorite?

I mean... New flamenco dancer Pokemon or not it's not exactly like they are going to re-advertise Oricorio, either way chances are it will just sort of... Be there in the wild and nothing more. So i'm not sure if it would necessarily take away any attention or thunder.

My thoughts:

Some kind of Peacock (Most likely a Fairy/Fighting)
Ghost/Flying regional bird, because of that one story in Spain about the dead bird
Regional Variant Tyrantrum, because of this information:

Are there any dinosaur fossils in Spain?
Fossils of a giant dinosaur have been uncovered in Spain, and they appear to be remains of the largest terrestrial animal known to have lived in Europe, paleontologists reported last week. The dinosaur, which lived about 150 million years ago, is estimated to have weighed 40 to 48 tons

Next:
Ground/Fighting Type (Maybe a Scorpion?)
The regional dog might be a Ground/Normal Type, and might be based off of Ibizan Hound.

My thoughts:

Some kind of Peacock (Most likely a Fairy/Fighting)
Ghost/Flying regional bird, because of that one story in Spain about the dead bird
Regional Variant Tyrantrum, because of this information:

Are there any dinosaur fossils in Spain?
Fossils of a giant dinosaur have been uncovered in Spain, and they appear to be remains of the largest terrestrial animal known to have lived in Europe, paleontologists reported last week. The dinosaur, which lived about 150 million years ago, is estimated to have weighed 40 to 48 tons

Next:
Ground/Fighting Type (Maybe a Scorpion?)
The regional dog might be a Ground/Normal Type, and might be based off of Ibizan Hound.

The Baryonyx has lived in Spain
Considering the Baryonyx also was also found in the UK, but seems not to have been used as inspiration for the Electric fossils, they might have thought to include it as a fossil in a Spain region.

I don't think regional variants of any fossils are likely, for the simple reason that these are extinct Pokemon.

Differences in resurrection equipment could cause regional variations to occur.

Differences in resurrection equipment could cause regional variations to occur.
That feels like a stretch.

Besides which, I don't like the idea of the fossils being available in the wild in the first place.

A Dolphin Pokémon please! We should have had one a long time ago, the same with a peacock Pokémon. I suppose Regional forms are granted at this point, a new Eeveelution could perhaps be a possibility.
There most likely won't be a dolphin Pokemon, since japan has a bad history with them. Many video relate to this topic on Youtube as well. I do also want a new Eeveelution, since there should of been one in SwSh.

There most likely won't be a dolphin Pokemon, since japan has a bad history with them. Many video relate to this topic on Youtube as well. I do also want a new Eeveelution, since there should of been one in SwSh.
While Japan does have extreme controversy with dolphins, I don’t personally see that impacting the possibility of dolphin Pokémon. Mario has dolphins, Kirby has had dolphins, etc. Especially if the region isn’t in Japan, like how this new region is in the Iberian Peninsula.

While Japan does have extreme controversy with dolphins, I don’t personally see that impacting the possibility of dolphin Pokémon. Mario has dolphins, Kirby has had dolphins, etc. Especially if the region isn’t in Japan, like how this new region is in the Iberian Peninsula.
You do bring up a point that I forgot, but, after this long, I just don't see dolphin Pokémon coming. I am hoping though.

You do bring up a point that I forgot, but, after this long, I just don't see dolphin Pokémon coming. I am hoping though.
There's a lot of common animals that haven't had Pokemon. There's no hummingbird Pokemon, there's no lobster Pokemon, there's no cheetah Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom