• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of player are you?

What kind of Pokemon player are you?

• EV Trainer

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Hacker/Glitcher/Cheater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Namer

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Gym Leader

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Clueless

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Shiny Collector

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Fun player

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Other (Specify with a post)

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Combo between nicknamer and fun player. I don't really care about EVs and IVs and all that good stuff, and nicknaming my Pokemon is always a bit of an adventure.

I'm actually all of them except the clueless one. I just enjoy all aspects of Pokemon!

I'm all of them, at least at some point. I was a noob when I first started out, and despite having a Pocket Pokedex that told me everything I needed to know about Pokemon in the third gen, I still was kind of clueless. I once did a little hacking for the lolz and giggles, but I nearly broke my game, so no more of that. Otherwise, I mostly play for the fun, with a some of everything else mixed in.

I started out as a casual Pokémon player when the series became popular. Eventually due to peer pressure from colleagues at work I began to drift away from Pokémon for it was common consensus in most "Adult" environments that the Pokémon fad has died down. Due to this, associating oneself with liking Pokémon was considered childish at my workplace. As a result of this, I switched over to other hobbies such as PC gaming.

I ended up in a MMO called Eve Online: a game tailored to older age demographics. It was from this game I met a member from Smogon and to my surprise he brought up Pokémon. It was he who introduced me to the many intricacies of competitive Pokémon battling, from the IV/EV mechanics to teaching me how to RNG abuse. It was from that point on that my interest in Pokémon franchise had revitalized. I never knew that the hidden mechanics behind a "Children's game" would pique my interest. As a result of my encounter with Smogon I adopted a competitive play style.

I suppose I'm a fun player. I just casually go on an adventure and catch mons to fill the Pokedex and probably never use them. I pride myself by using region exclusive mons in my teams unless they have new Evos or Mega Evos. I'll catch Legendaries if the plot demands it but I will never use them.

I'm a Grind Trainer, and a Minimalist. I never have teams over four pokemon, except in gold and silver when I used two for HM's only

Okay i voted for other because i don't know what some mean.

Things I am not:
Hacker/Glitcher/Cheater
Clueless

I would consider myself as i use only pokemon i like. I have not played X/Y yet but i will be getting them later on this year. My team mainly consists of the Eeveelutions and the starter. The only time i didn't use my starter was in Pokemon Colosseum which i only used Umbreon, Typhlosion, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and 1 other i forgot. Espeon is the other starter you get which Espeon fainted too much for my taste. I do nickname all my pokemon. I typically nickname them human names that are close to their actual name. For example: Female Fennekin will be nicknamed Kenzie.

I love the games for the storyline and I absolutely love continuities, like the guy in the ORAS demo who swam to Kalos, the boy in front of the Hoenn and Sinjoh Battle Towers, Red in HG/SS and Cynthia in BW1&2. I like being able to make connections to the storyline and compare player characters to each other and champions to each other, team bosses, etc.

However! I don't let this distract me from being competitive. I've recently become a pretty skilled breeder and a beginning competitive battler. I don't fully get it just yet as I've been told since I just use attackers and sweepers and bulky attackers but I do have many perfect IV and EV trained Pokemon.

I do my own thing, I don't follow any of these categories. I play the game, capture Pokemon I want on my team, I do the side stuff to the best of my ability. I do find some fun, but I also find some work to be done in working well with my Pokemon in order to pull off flawless victories. I love continuity and story, and being a part of it.

I suppose you can call me an adventurer, much like any type in a RPG or story driven MMO.

I just like to follow the story and have fun. I usually stick with 5 or 6 Pokemon throughout and level them up to roughly around lv70. I don't worry about stats or ev training, I never usually breed or go out of my way to hunt for shinies. I don't think i've ever completed a dex either. I just like to raise a full team of strong pokemon, capable of getting me through the game and winning me some battles with friends. I rarely play after the league unless there is a nice incentive like the friend safari for example.

I'm primarily a trader, and thus I try to be an breeder, EV trainer, and shiny collector. I'm interested in obtaining whatever is valuable. However, I do like taking my time through the story mode.

"Other"

I like to play out my own Pokemon Story in my head as I play,
That may or may not coincide with the storyline of the game.

In fact, it's one of my greatest grievances with the Games.
Too Linear with no room for Deviation from the Main plot.
It bums me out to play games so Linear.

The "Fun Player", or rather, the guy who pours so much of his love and care into raising his team. That kind of love defeated the Champions in White 2 and Y.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom