• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters What kind of Pokémon Master Events are your favourite?

Parissong

the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
What kind of event is your favourite in Pokémon Masters so far? For me, I do really like the Training Type events because they allow me to grind but on an accelerated pace for those sync pairs! Helps me save time from grinding golden level books!

What about you?

I also really like the Training Type events. They're just a really good way to level grind without feeling too tedious. Yeah, there's often rewards for battling areas fifty times, but the battles move pretty fast, so it isn't too bad. Plus, I've gotten used to doing those kind of battles while listening to podcasts. I like the voice acting and music in Pokemon Masters, but hearing the same line of dialogue countless times can make the process feel too tedious.

There's also the bonus of saving on using the golden books. I could use them to level up at least a couple of characters, but then I'd just run too low again. These events allow me to level up multiple Pokemon at once too. I was so happy to have the Psychic type training event since I wanted that to happen for ages. Same with the current Flying type training event. I hope that they'll have either a Rock type training event or bring back the Water type training event next.

I think stuff like the Blissey Bonanza is neat, personally.

Contrast to that, I don't like this new setup where you use coins to pull random items from a prize pool. I preferred it the way it was before.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the prize pool format. It was especially bad during the Ho-Oh event where it felt like a forced and contrived method to get players to grind through areas multiple times. They have fortunately made some much needed improvements to it with the current Star of the Contest event. You still have to grind, but at least it's a lot easier to get the coins needed to go through the prize boxes.

I think stuff like the Blissey Bonanza is neat, personally.

Contrast to that, I don't like this new setup where you use coins to pull random items from a prize pool. I preferred it the way it was before.

I agree with Blissey Bonanza. Easy and quick does it well. I think I don't so much mind this box thing, but did they really have to jack up the price to pull by 10x? Seems like they're just trying to slow it down but putting the burden on the player (which is never a good thing)

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the prize pool format. It was especially bad during the Ho-Oh event where it felt like a forced and contrived method to get players to grind through areas multiple times. They have fortunately made some much needed improvements to it with the current Star of the Contest event. You still have to grind, but at least it's a lot easier to get the coins needed to go through the prize boxes.

Isn't the same way as the Ho-oh one where you can only procure coins through the events? If you're referring to the hardest difficulty being much easier then I agree. During the Ho-oh event, I spammed the 2nd easiest one because my team was just not up to snuff for the hardest one. Even if it was, I think the coins/minute for the lower difficulty ones would have been higher anyways!

Isn't the same way as the Ho-oh one where you can only procure coins through the events? If you're referring to the hardest difficulty being much easier then I agree. During the Ho-oh event, I spammed the 2nd easiest one because my team was just not up to snuff for the hardest one. Even if it was, I think the coins/minute for the lower difficulty ones would have been higher anyways!

It isn't really the same. While you basically have to grind in both events, it was harder to do so in the Ho-Oh event since the most you could get from just a battle was about ten coins. With the harder battles in this event, I think you can get over twenty coins pretty consistently. Plus, they include coins as part of the event's mission rewards. It still isn't the most ideal system considering that it's still luck base and pulling from the prize box takes one hundred coins as opposed to ten, but it is at an improvement over the Ho Oh event. It doesn't feel like it will take me ages just to get some coins.

It isn't really the same. While you basically have to grind in both events, it was harder to do so in the Ho-Oh event since the most you could get from just a battle was about ten coins. With the harder battles in this event, I think you can get over twenty coins pretty consistently. Plus, they include coins as part of the event's mission rewards. It still isn't the most ideal system considering that it's still luck base and pulling from the prize box takes one hundred coins as opposed to ten, but it is at an improvement over the Ho Oh event. It doesn't feel like it will take me ages just to get some coins.

Mission rewards is true but now it takes 10 coins per pull over the 1 coin per pull from the Ho-oh event. So in effect, the pull per mission finished I feel went lower going into the Contest event

Mission rewards is true but now it takes 10 coins per pull over the 1 coin per pull from the Ho-oh event. So in effect, the pull per mission finished I feel went lower going into the Contest event

Yeah, that is disappointing. I was hoping that they increased the amount of coins to reduce grinding, or at least make it less tedious to collect the coins, but it is more along the same than I initially expected. I absolutely hated that I had to spend at least nine hundred coins to get to the second part of the story event in which practically nothing happens. That is pretty much a huge turn off from the event, although I'm still hoping to collect all of the rewards because I need the gems. At least I was managed to defeat both of the harder battles with Wallace without needing to scout for Dawn and Turtwig. That's at least some progress.

I am quite pleased they somewhat reduced the difficulty for the battles this time around. Last time, the battles for Ho-oh above Normal were rather difficult to do. If anything, farming the lower levels yielded a higher coins per unit of time done so it was more efficient and overall more effective.

I actually didn't mind the Star of the Contest version of the prize pool event. I just wish we had more variety in the prizes we get. I'm tired of getting low-level level up books and drinks. It's the same thing for every event, which just makes me not want to participate in them as often.

I actually didn't mind the Star of the Contest version of the prize pool event. I just wish we had more variety in the prizes we get. I'm tired of getting low-level level up books and drinks. It's the same thing for every event, which just makes me not want to participate in them as often.

Incentivization is key! We need either cool items or big quantities thereof. I share in your lethargy — it makes every event does feel the same and nothing special.

I like this Unova event. The daily gifts are far better than the usual ones, and seeing the gen 5 characters chitchatting in the Pokemon Center is really nice. The Burgh/Brycen/Clay conversation was kind of funny, and it was easily my favorite thus far.

I'd like these for other generations as well once more characters are added from them. It's a cute way to show off character relationships outside of battling scenarios. The ones for the Isle of Armor promo were nice as well, and I'm glad that it seems to have been continued.

I feel like those really add to the game as a whole since it kind of not only explores new interactions between different characters, but also shows us the relationships between characters familiar with one another. If I could get a request, I would love to see sort of the same Unova challenge event but with different champions. Sort of like a boss rush!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom