• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of pokemon player are you?

what kind of POKEMON PLAYER are you?

• pokemon trainer

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • monotype pokemon trainer

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • pokemon shiny collector

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • pokemon pokedex collector

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • pokemon contest trainer

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • pokemon competitive trainer

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • pokemon breeder

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • nuzlocke trainer

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Rika

average pokemon trainer
Reaction score
In the pokemon games we can play our stories different, and sometimes more in one way than in other, with this I mean that sometimes we are more like: "let's complete the pokedex" or others more focus to get the best team.. and so...
so today imaging that you could finish the story in your way, choose what kind of player you are more like:

- pokemon trainer (complete missions (gyms/ and complete pokemon league))
- monotype trainer
- nuzlocke trainer
- pokemon legendary collector / shiny collector
- pokemon contest trainer
- pokemon breeder
- pokemon collector (for pokédex)
- pokemon competitive trainer
- other: (describe it)

* you can choose more than one

I'm more of a Pokedex collector. I mainly want to explore, hunt for Pokemon and items, and complete the Pokedex. I also don't mind the gyms and extra features, but I'm primarily interested in the exploration and completionist aspects of the series.

Other than the gyms, I catch as many Pokemon as I feel like catching and sometimes I do shiny hunting. I did a living Pokedex in Pokemon Black and did most of my shiny hunting in Gen VI.

I'm a collector and competitive player. I like seeing my Pokédex slowly filling up, I've even completed the National dex in X.
I'm very familiar with the competitive scene, and have been into it since Gen IV. I usually battle via Showdown instead of ingame, though.

I'm mosly just a trainer that does a bit of all the other things. I do also do nuzlockes, breed, play competitively, hunt for shinies, etc.

So....a multitasking Pokémon Trainer :D

Im a experimental focused on battling type, like strategies and diffrent obstacles, battle mechanics and so on.

I'm a Pokéball Collector.
There must be a better name to describe what I do...
Anyway, I like to collect Pokémon on rare balls, such as the Apricorn Balls, Safari Balls, Dream Ball, Cherish Ball (though this is just one I collect for the lolz, started too late on Pokémon to be able to get a lot of them), Beast Balls, and even Master Balls! Except Legendaries, Legendaries on Master Ball aren't even Pokémon.
I'm at such a point where I even made this whole legality table/checklist to see everything that can be gotten.

Aside from that, I also ocasionally go out for dumb and useless stuff, like severely underleveled Pokémon (as in: lvl 10 Dragonite and lvl 9 Salamence), and like to Masuda Method some of the stuff that are in them rare ballz.

I dabble. First game of a generation I play the story, collect everything I can, and that's that. Second time through a region I try out different Pokémon. Sun was actually the first game I completed any kind of dex for, and it was also the first game I bred my own shiny. ORAS was the first game I actually started getting into breeding perfect Pokémon. And beyond that, I like to do nuzlockes of past games when I'm not really into the current generation. So I don't really have a specific type of trainer that I identify with... casual? "For-funsies?"

I like to do a little bit of everything, but raising Pokemon for battle is probably my favorite part of the games. I'm not interested in the competitive scene, so I spend a-lot of time with in-game Battle Facilities.

I am a Pokedex guy/ Shiny hunter. After I get the shiny charm I always hunt for shinies.

Competitive trainer on a holiday. I really got into the bleeding edge of serious Pokémon battling when Gen VI introduced Super Training and the Destiny Knot's 5IV passing effect, but certain circumstances (general tiredness, together with my dislike for Sun and Moon) mean that I haven't gotten into Gen VII yet. I've spent the last year watching the new generation while enjoying the Pokémon games I want to enjoy.

I may get one of USUM though. Maybe.

I tend to just play the games- I also love nuzlockes. I bond with my pokemon, though I do try to catch everything I can out of compulsion from my childhood and the 'gotta catch em all!' tag America had on all the pokemon merchandise in the beginning.

If I could I would totally just travel through every region and mark what pokemon were native to it.

I'm a trainer and a (semi) shiny hunter/collector.
I don't do competitive, or nuzlockes, or ever complete the national Dex. So you can say I'm a very casual trainer.

I think I mean towards being more of a collector. I adore catching my pokémon in pokéballs that match them in some way. (I have Clefairy in friend balls because Cleffa evolves via friendship, I also have them in love balls because they are pink ofc). I also breed my stuff because I personally think it's wasteful to let my collection just sit in a box. And on occasion, I like shiny hunting.

I play forbidden arts.
I like seeing creative and interesting things, monotypes are one of them though so things along that line. Unevolved, gimmicks.
The battle facilities give a little like that at least, too.

I dislike nuzlockes though, I find them boring and not in the spirit of the game.

I also like odd goals like to catalogue every item in the game and such.

Trainer

Honestly I hate the rpg genre. Sounds weird but I find it really boring the grinding.

Battling and capturing Pokemon makes it unique worth while to play

The hours of my life i spend breeding is unhealthy.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom