• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

During my first playthrough of a game, type B. During my second playthrough, type E!!

Type D is the closest relation to me in the fact i dont actually care what pokemon types i have on my team, i catch whoever i do no reseacrh i put bug tpyes up aganist fire types, you could describe me as a clueless trainer.

I feel now I'm actually a Type B with a little bit of Type E mixed in because I make up crazy-complicated strategies, my whole main team is Lv. 100, (except Aurablast the Lucario, but he's Lv. 99 so I can just run him through the White Treehollow for a while.) But I still have my whole main team nicknamed (except Blastoise, but I got him as a Lv. 1 Squirtle from the GTS without a nickname), raise them equally, and care very much for them. I also raised them all from very low levels, usually 5. My team also has very little of the same types, just Chim Chim and Aurablast and Aurablast and Epidrill share a typing.

between a and b, i use my favs but i will make them at max stats to obliterate everyone...if i can,

im a B. usually i have everyone on the same level (sometimes i keep the starter 2 o 3 levels higher than the rest), although in my current SS play im using like 12 different pokes and its getting complicated to maintain the exact same level so i keep them in a range of 6 levels.

Type B/E. I don't grind up, but I do worry about natures, EV's, abilities, team weaknesses...

I used to be a Type E, but it took over and sucked out the fun once I started breeding and training to high levels all the way to 50 or 60 to match my team, along with EV training. That was a fun killer.

I'm more of a Type B now and only worry about the numbers the game gives me forthright, which is basically stats (ie, if my grass pokemon has a better SA than my water pokemon, then I'll make the grass type my SA role). I do try to make sure my team is balanced and can take on most situations, although I sometimes let that slide in preference of having a cool but not QUITE as useful pokemon on my team. I don't even look at natures anymore.

I'm a mix between type B and E. I like for my team to be very close to each other in levels, but at the same time, a bit of strategy is important to me as well. It's also important to me that my team should be overleveled, for some reason. u_u;;

Definitely B. I try to have a balanced team with as much different types as possible. And other than that, I don't give a flying fork about EV's, IV's, Natures, and all that. I like to keep things as basic as possible.

I'm definitely a Type B with just a little of Type E because i recently started making a team for online battling, i make a team where each pokemon can cover the other pokemon weakness and i try to make a team that can have an advantage against almost all pokemon.

Last edited:
When I was younger I was type B.
Now I'm type E all the way. The only way I can play now is with EV-trained Pokemon with the right movesets and natures and such. It's time consuming but it plays off, especially in Meta-game.

Type B usually, till someone just wipes the floor with me. Then I'm E. REVENGE!

I'm definitely Type B, but I have a friend who embodies Type E. He's helping me and I'm trying to get better at strategy. I'm tired of his EV trained special sweeper Starmie from Ruby kicking my ass, lol.

Type B and E. Really when it comes down to it I'm a collector who trains everything I get so that it's well rounded. And to make sure that when I train a Pokemon it's potential isn't wasted I go and train it so it's perfect in the strategic sense (IVs, EVs, and movesets).

A, but I usually have two or three other Pokemon that are lower level than my starter that can still be used in battle effectively.

Usually a B, but in my current run of Pokemon Black an A, mainly because of the event Dialga and me being too lazy to catch more Pokemon.
Also, my Dewott one shot Elesa's Zebstrika with Razor Shell.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom