• ME encounters a spooky skeletal dragon. Watch here as he shouts physics at it, in the hopes of preventing it from KOing itself.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What kind of trainer are you?

A Fine Fellow Indeed.
Reaction score
Type B, with aspects of Type E, i.e. working with EVs, but not going into competitive battling. Used to be Type A until I got HeartGold.

ever so slightly
Reaction score
Type A (at first)
Type B (post E4)
and slight E.

Reaction score
I sort of occilate between A,B,D, and E depending on my mood and many other factors.

Archosaur Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ype B for me<3

I ain't getting caught off guard in a gym..if one pokemon goes down the rest are rearing to go!

Have a pancake.
Reaction score
Type B, I like to make theme teams.

Also, this needs to be a poll.

Now with more cowbell.
Reaction score
I tend to be Type B, but there's always one Pokémon that's stronger than the others (usually a starter).

Reaction score
I'm a type A, but I'm trying to be more of a type B. ^_^

#1 Manaphy FanGirl
Reaction score
Im a bit of a Type A, But I'm trying to be a 100% type B. Reeeaaalllyy hard.

Lighting Things on Fire
Reaction score
Type B or C, depending on what runthrough I'm on (and occasionally type A if I'm bored).

After all, my first time I usually mimic the rival's team setup- Starter+other two starter types, Flyer, wall/tank, and another Poke (the Dragon if I can get it, or a Legendary)

No need for violence...
Reaction score
Usually, I'm more of a Type B and C trainer.

But nowadays, I'm finding myself kind of a Type E trainer.

Thanks.

Wish Maker
Reaction score
I'm a type B trainer for sure. Haven't been other than that since like Silver and Gold versions.

Shiny Huntress
Reaction score
I'd say I'm a type B, though in my earlier playthroughs I was more of a type A.

Team Sea Slug
Reaction score
Definitely Type B. I love having a well-rounded team with many types/moves to prepare for most occasions. I also try very hard to keep them at the same level (give or take one or two levels), and rotate them often during training.

Though I do try to put strategy into it (as it only adds to the fun of it) I mostly play for fun/relaxation so I don't bother with "complicated" things (competitive play, EV training, natures, etc).